+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I Uveron for one last time, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Soul Grinder of Khorne (with Warp Gaze) from Khorne Demonkin of total value 160pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_63905_11231_1068257.jpg

-Note I had hoped to be able to get a unit of warp talons, and a lord with wings done. But the weather turned and I doubt I can get them primed and ready for the end of the comp. So just finishing the Soul Grinder.

Also, Thanks Dragonlover, that last vow took me alot longer than it should but glad its out the way.

Slaaneshy vow completed !

666 points for the team. happy.png

gallery_40226_11332_8324.jpg

* Chaos Lord () + veteran of the long war () + Mark of Slaanesh () + Gift of Mutation () + power weapon (0) + combi-plasma () = 113 pts

med_gallery_40226_11332_513555.jpgmed_gallery_40226_11332_404158.jpg

* Herald of Slaanesh () + Exalted reward () + greater locus of swiftness () = 95 pts

med_gallery_40226_11332_546100.jpgmed_gallery_40226_11332_153013.jpg

* Daemon Prince of Slaanesh () + Aura of Dark glory () = 170 pts

med_gallery_40226_11332_50538.jpgmed_gallery_40226_11332_257454.jpg

* 6 Noise Marines + 5 sonic blaster + champion with gift of mutation, lightning claws and power fist + veteran of the long war () = 183 pts

med_gallery_40226_11332_295223.jpgmed_gallery_40226_11332_295223.jpg

* 10 Daemonettes with Icon () and Alluress () = 105 pts

med_gallery_40226_11332_325775.jpg

I, Dreadclaw, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...

A fourth vow : Khorne cultists = 888 pts

• Exalted champion of Khorne () + plasma gun () = 75 pts
  • Command Squad () + vox () + chaos banner + flamer + champion with bolt pistol () = 72 pts
  • Fire support Squad () + autocanons () = 55 pts
  • Enforcer with power fist () = 60 pts
  • Enfocer with bolt pistol () = 42 pts
  • 3 Apostate Preachers () = 120 pts
  • Militia platoon A = 232 pts / Command Squad with vox and power weapon () / Squad A1 + vox + veteran + plasma gun + heavy bolter () / Squad A2 + vox + veteran + plasma gun + heavy bolter ()
  • Militia platoon B = 232 pts / Command Squad with vox and autocanon () / Squad B1 + vox + veteran + melta-gun + missile launcher () / Squad B2 + vox + melta-gun + veteran + missile launcher ()
... from The Siege of Vraks of total value 888 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Despoiler and the Blood God and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40226_11332_130760.jpg

-snip-

-Note I had hoped to be able to get a unit of warp talons, and a lord with wings done. But the weather turned and I doubt I can get them primed and ready for the end of the comp. So just finishing the Soul Grinder. 

-snip-

suggestion to everyone, at this point in the game, don't vow new units of warp talons. They have unholy quantities of trim.

@dreadclaw: Ambitious! also, I really like your slaanesh scheme, it's just right, very pretty.

-snip-

-snip-

suggestion to everyone, at this point in the game, don't vow new units of warp talons. They have unholy quantities of trim.

Deffo gonna vow Warp Talons in my next vow :lol:

-snip-

-snip-

Deffo gonna vow Warp Talons in my next vow laugh.png

You're still planning on another 3k though right? so batch painting is going to solve that issue anyway, as you will have plenty to paint between colours on the talons to the point that it doesn't matter.

-snip-

-snip-

Deffo gonna vow Warp Talons in my next vow laugh.png

You're still planning on another 3k though right? so batch painting is going to solve that issue anyway, as you will have plenty to paint between colours on the talons to the point that it doesn't matter.
Yep another 3k. Was workin out the next vow earlier and so far Ive worked out over 1k with 14 minis. Goin for big points low model count if I can.

I gianlucafiorentini123 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I vow to complete 215 points of CSM:

10 CSM: Flamer, MoT, Meltabomb, Rocket Launcher, Icon of flame, Power Axe and Plasma Pistol

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/gfiorentini9/IMG_6621_zpsyvxlkdkg.jpg

My second ETL vow. 

http://shrani.si/f/1M/wI/4CuyI456/2016-08-05-215041.jpg

COMPLETE! 

Huzzah. 

Pardon my painting skills but I am still in the process of learning. My friend gave me the Slaanesh 40k Painting Guide and I have tried to apply it to the Chaos Lord. I am quite happy with the looks of the dark purple armor and I think I will try some more painting in the future. 

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/96/43/35/huron_11.jpg

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/96/43/35/huron_12.jpg

I declare my final vow complete!!

So this was my first participation to ETL and I loved it. I especially appreciated the general spirit within the Chaos Faction: even though they are still facing harsh times (but things are likely to improve), Chaos Legionaries, Deamon Princes, Mutants, Heretics and Renegades (and other stuffs with no precise names) are still the greatest fellows I've known for the last 20+ years.

Brothers, it was with pleasure that I found here the extra motivation I sometimes needed to speed up and achieve my units and you were all a true source of inspiration. Great job everyone!!

See you all very soon, here or on Gilgamesh.

Death to the False Emperor!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Holy crap you guys are INSANE! Such great work and at fantastic volume! I have never seen such fervor to get work done. What a great competition!

@Isengrin: That Knight is killer, great use of LoS bits

@Dreadclaw: I'm going to steal your ideas for the Slanneshi DP and Noise Marines ;)

-snip-

-snip-

@dreadclaw: Ambitious! also, I really like your slaanesh scheme, it's just right, very pretty.

I was planning a heavy wash based paint system... Spray Silver and then wash into recesses the Red for the detail work. and Build up the coulour that way. Becuse Yes.. far to much trim. 

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Just a quick post to say that the current Inspirational Friday is ETL-V models: we're asking members to write short fluff pieces about a model or models they (hopefully) completed for this ETL. The deadline is the 19th of August so even those stalwarts painting up to the ETL deadline will have a few days to write a piece.

So, please give it a go.

You might win the coveted Octed amulet ;)

Second vow complete!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/totgeboren40/Daemons/DSC_0108%204.jpg

And by the way things have been going, this was my final vow.

Just been such a hectic summer vacation, I simply have been way too busy. And I'm going back to work on Monday! :(

But it's something, and without the ETL I would likely not have gotten anything painted at all (this model has been in my box since DV was released!) so ETL did what it's supposed to do, at least for me! :)

Guys, I'm exhausted after updating this fantastic Strategium... and I'm really pressed for time to make individual comments, but trust me, I wanted to make like a million! :D

As usually please check the first page to make sure everything is as it should... phew... 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

++Vow 4 Complete++

I, Chaeron, have completed the following:

++Vow 4++

Defiler – with Havoc Launcher, Gargoyles – 205pts

Defiler – with Havoc Launcher, Gargoyles – 205pts

Defiler – with Havoc Launcher – 200pts

Soul Grinder of Nurgle with Phlegm and Warpsword - 205pts

Chaos Contemptor – with (Kheres) Autocannon, Mark of Nurgle – 220pts

Chaos Contemptor – with (Kheres) Autocannon, Mark of Nurgle – 220pts

Ferrum Infernus Dread with Lascannon, Host of Daemonic Iron and Mark of Nurgle – 200pts

Ferrum Infernus Dread with Lascannon, Host of Daemonic Iron and Mark of Nurgle – 200pts

Two Lascannons Predators with Gargoyles and Dozer (respectively) - 290pts

Abaddon - 265pts

Abaddon - 265pts

Chaos Lord with Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Combi-Melta, VOTLW, Mark of Nurgle – 147pts

Chaos Lord with Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Combi-Melta, VOTLW, Mark of Nurgle – 147pts

Dark Apostle with VOTLW, Mark of Nurgle, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs – 140pts

Sorcerer with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW, Melta Bombs, Combi-Melta – 95pts

...of total value 3004pts 3000pts on or before August 15th, 2016.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow4Complete_zpsesjwfiq8.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow4Complete2_zpswz0i6z4x.jpg

Apologies for anything the light washes out! Have just added some more contrast to the Nurgling bursting out of one of the Dreads, as well as a couple of tweaks on them, so here's a little photo of that too:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/DreadsDG_zps3zqxjzjm.jpg

Archived