+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I, Kierdale, hereby make my fourth vow of this year's ETL to complete the following model by August 15th:One Herald of Slaanesh with one greater reward (the lash of despair) and the Locus of Beguilement (you'll see that in her base), from Codex: Chaos Daemons, for 95 points.

And she's completed!

med_gallery_63428_9407_180607.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_347712.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_248407.jpg

And that's me done for this ETL. :)

There have been some excellent models completed this week, my fellow traitors. Let's not get lazy in the home stretch!

Captain Semper, my 4th vow is completed but not marked as so on the 1st page.

I, Chaeron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for a fifth (and final) time and vow to complete the following, drawn from Codex Chaos Space Marines, in no particular order:

++Vow 5++

Vow 5

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, with Murder Sword, Power Armour – 215pts

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, with Murder Sword, Power Armour, Gift of Mutation – 225pts

Two Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW – 158pts

Two Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW – 158pts

Sorcerer with Familiar, VOTLW, Mark of Nurgle – 95pts

Chaos Lord with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol – 125pts

Chaos Lord with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol – 115pts

Chaos Lord with VoTLW, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Sigil of Corruption- 130pts

Chaos Lord with VoTLW, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Sigil of Corruption- 130pts

Cypher – 190pts

Fabius Bile – 165pts

Fabius Bile – 165pts

5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Chainfists, Power Fist, VOTLW and a Combi-Melta – 233pts

5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Combi-Flamers, 2 Combi-Meltas, 2 Chainfists, VOTLW and a Lightning Claw – 244pts

5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Chainfists, Lightning Claw, VOTLW – 224pts

13 Iron Warriors with VOTLW, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Champion with Power Weapon – 237pts

11 Iron Warriors with VOTLW, Champion with Plasma Gun. Melta Gun and Power Fist -  214pts

...of total value 3023pts 3000pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle and the Chaos forum: failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

The usual caveat: as ever, please do point out if I've made any errors in counting or in wargear selection - happy to correct!

Photos to be edited in shortly.

*Edit - before photo!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow5_zpsntbteefr.jpg

I have regrettably run out of 40mm bases, so the last few metal Terminators are on their standard size. I don't seem to have another large base for the Daemon Prince either, so need to have a look...

almost done with all the chaos marines, but need to go to a birthday oarty, kinda hoping that semper will wait until monday with the weekly update, because i might be able to be done by then

OK.

Looks like we are around a 60% completion Rate currently. With 80% of our completions at risk should final vows not be finished.

So lets hope everyone finishs his/her/its last vow tongue.png

Also, if you plan to vow something new in the next days - don't vow to high and risk all of your work to be for nothing smile.png

@Semper. Dont update too early , stall stall as long as you can! need a few hours sleep and hopefully full painting mode when i wake up, wanna try and finish wov before weekly update, so staaaaaallllllllll

I'll absolutely finish this in time. My last model needs only a few most minor touch-ups, if any at all. The first layer of varnish is drying as I'm typing this.

Most likely I won't be able to pull off anything more than my first vow before August 15. My apologies. But at least I can assure you that I'll do my bit to get a decent completion rate. 

We're currently top of the table guys, but all it takes is a surge from the Heresy guys and we'll be struggling. Keep up the good work, get those first vows in if you can and we'll be laughing!

Finished building my Fire Raptor last night, if I can find my Macragge Blue spray then I'm back in for a fifth.

Dragonlover

@ Chaeron: That's some amazing work, mate! Those fatty Dreads are disgusting -- excellent job! smile.png

Thank you!

I managed to get everything sprayed yesterday, and am working through things now.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow5Spray_zpsitzvjjhe.jpg

Got all the trim done on the Iron Warriors Chaos Space Marines, and am now moving on to the Terminators! And, I've found a base for the Daemon Prince...

Well it's 2am in the morning and I need to be up for work at 5. Everything is going according to plan. I got to about 50% I will try to knock them over through the week.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/6CEBF900-FD2C-47E4-A157-F7773029345D_zpsjt08zwzl.jpg

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/B6E6830A-1BA5-4381-890D-2289FC5D8280_zps5svngtso.jpg

My search for the perfect background has brought me right back to where I started.

Cheers and great work everyone! I feel like I'm dragging the chain a bit but I'll just get this one done and call it a year for me I think.

After a slight re jigging of points I have managed so far to get my final vow to 2043 pts with only 12 minis. Gonna throw in some Slaanesh stuff to bump it up to 3k. Just need to push on with my current vow and get it finished.

I've finished my Maulerfiend and the possessed are coming along nicely. Normal dudes are mostly base coated, and the termis are primed smile.png

EDIT: oops, just realised I'm missing a couple of highlights on the maulerfiend X) oh well, I'll add those in tomorrow.

I, Dragonlover, rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux V for a fifth and final time. I vow to paint a Fire Raptor with Reaper Autocannon batteries from Imperial Armour 13 for a total cost of 210 points.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/20160807_234611-1.jpg

Here goes nothing!

Dragonlover

Wow, BrotherJim, those horns on the termies work great. I especially love the second guy from the left.

Dragonlover: AWESOME last vow. Have fun painting it, I did my fire raptor almost three years ago and had tons of fun with it. thumbsup.gif

I did NOTHING on Captain 8-legs. I got totally distracted with planning a parachuting course and a BBQ... TOMORROW! I SWEAR! I SWEAR I'll put up pictures with my progress before the end of the day.

ALSO: Final Update to the BLACK CRUSADE 2016 Soul Vow ETL V Satellite Event HERE

Lovely to see people finishing and putting in their final vows!

In terms of my Vow, I've now completed the near-entirety of the Iron Warriors contingent, so feeling very positive. Just waiting for their bases to dry overnight, and will do the rims in black, and done! It'll be a very Death Guard centred evening tomorrow though...

Archived