+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

++Vow 5 Complete++

I, Chaeron, have completed the following:

++Vow 5++

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, with Murder Sword, Power Armour – 215pts

Daemon Prince of Nurgle, with Murder Sword, Power Armour, Gift of Mutation – 225pts

Two Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW – 158pts

Two Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW – 158pts

Sorcerer with Familiar, VOTLW, Mark of Nurgle – 95pts

Chaos Lord with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol – 125pts

Chaos Lord with Mark of Nurgle, VOTLW, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol – 115pts

Chaos Lord with VoTLW, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Sigil of Corruption- 130pts

Chaos Lord with VoTLW, Power Fist, Combi-Melta, Sigil of Corruption- 130pts

Cypher – 190pts

Fabius Bile – 165pts

Fabius Bile – 165pts

5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Chainfists, Power Fist, VOTLW and a Combi-Melta – 233pts

5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Combi-Flamers, 2 Combi-Meltas, 2 Chainfists, VOTLW and a Lightning Claw – 244pts

5 Terminators with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Chainfists, Lightning Claw, VOTLW – 224pts

13 Iron Warriors with VOTLW, Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Champion with Power Weapon – 237pts

11 Iron Warriors with VOTLW, Plasma Gun, Melta Gun, Champion with Power Fist - 214pts (NB: order changed to make it clear that the Champion had a Power Fist, not a Plasma Gun!)

...of total value 3023pts 3000pts on or before August 15th, 2016.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETLVow5Complete_zpsobwkx3px.jpg

Sadly, I don't have a Mars themed base to put my Iron Warriors on, but hope the photo conveys the work suitably! Any issues, as ever - do please shout.

Very happy to have participated in another ETL, and pleased to have contributed a sizeable amount of points to the Realm of Chaos' efforts. I'm personally delighted to have painted so much in about twelve weeks (it pretty much clears my backlog of so many years! happy.png), and I make that 194 models completed (of varying sizes) during that period. I don't know if I'll have time to grab a photo in the coming days of the whole lot - but I hope to at some point soon.

A huge thanks to Captain Semper for running such a fantastic event again (as ever, and irrespective of the result!), as it is a monumental undertaking. Kudos to the everyone who has contributed a vow (or more!). It's always a treat to see everyone else's work and share round the motivation throughout the competition period, and I'm grateful to be part of it. Great to see so many people return year after year for this forum and community. Personal thanks to Dragonlover, for being a great sounding board for ideas and keeping me on course to finish this!

And now, I can put my brushes down laugh.png

Sorry folks, there's no way I'm going to finish so you'll have to manage without my 500 points. I tried, but I only got about halfway through. I'm pleased with what I've painted and you lot have all created some amazing things. This was my first crack at etl and I'll be back next time, bit with a more manageable vow.

Worked kicked my butt this summer and my vow plans went out the window but I'm going to try to get my one vow done.

Some in progress pics:

An as yet unnamed sorceror lord.

gallery_62370_12280_99212.jpg

Chaos Lord Torgo and friends

gallery_62370_12280_169039.jpg

The crew with some primer and basecoat on the termie squad

gallery_62370_12280_5898.jpg

Vow number 4 completed for the glory of the Blood God ! happy.png

• Exalted champion of Khorne () + plasma gun () = 75 pts

med_gallery_40226_11332_187122.jpg

• Command Squad () + vox () + chaos banner + flamer + champion with bolt pistol () = 72 pts
  • med_gallery_40226_11332_415731.jpg

• Fire support Squad () + autocanons () = 55 pts
  • med_gallery_40226_11332_329037.jpg

• Enforcer with power fist () = 60 pts
  • Enfocer with bolt pistol () = 42 pts
  • med_gallery_40226_11332_10366.jpg

• 3 Apostate Preachers () = 120 pts
  • med_gallery_40226_11332_288861.jpg

• Militia platoon A = 232 pts / Command Squad with vox and power weapon () / Squad A1 + vox + veteran + plasma gun + heavy bolter () / Squad A2 + vox + veteran + plasma gun + heavy bolter ()

gallery_40226_11332_103675.jpg

• Militia platoon B = 232 pts / Command Squad with vox and autocanon () / Squad B1 + vox + veteran + melta-gun + missile launcher () / Squad B2 + vox + melta-gun + veteran + missile launcher ()

gallery_40226_11332_327337.jpg

And to complete the serie a final vow dedicated to Tzeench !

I, Dreadclaw, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete...
A 5th vow : Tzeentch Host = 999 pts
  • 9 Thousand sons with sorcerer () = 242 pts
  • 9 Thousand sons with sorcerer () = 242 pts
  • Herald of Tzeentch () with psyker mastery lvl 3 + greater reward and greater locus of change = 135 pts
  • Daemon Prince of Tzeentch + wings () + psyker mastery lvl 3 () = 275 pts
  • 10 Pink Horrors with Icon and Iridescent Horror () = 105 pts

... from Chaos Daemon and Chaos Space Marines Codexes of total value 999 points on or before August 15th, 2016.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Despoiler and the Duke of Change and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
gallery_40226_11332_132131.jpggallery_40226_11332_99091.jpg
* the three left Thousand Sons will be repainted.

I've been trying to slog through these CA D'Nettes, they are not as much fun to paint as I'd thought they would be :(

I'm about 70% or so done on them, the Herald & DP and have today off so I should be able to get them polished off by tonight, Thursday at the latest and then all I've got is Bile and Cypher to do which I can probably do in a night or two.

TL;DR - I'll be done in time :tu:

Y'know, I'd basically given up 'cause of a lack of motivation, but blast it, if BCK down with the rest of the history buffs can finish his vow, I can damn well finish too. I don't have anything today or tomorrow before a weekend camping trip that I unfortunately accidentally committed myself to, but I'm gonna finish this damn vow if it kills me.

Now fingers crossed I don't run out of paint. I don't have time to go shopping. :P

These vows and completions are looking beautiful guys. Keep 'em coming. 

@Dreadclaw: That Enforcer with the powerfist...is exactly the reason I thought of collecting Traitor Guard years ago. Except I wanted to use a Daemonette claw at the time, but it's great to see the concept is there still. Great minds and all that. Best of luck with your final vow. 

This is Kortmer and I'll absolutely make it in time. I could call my vow done already, but want to finish the last minor touch-ups too.

me too, im absolutely sure ill make this and my next vow in time :)

Call of Chaos will be here before we know it! 

Aaaan it'll be totally irrelevant until the 16th of August. We need to completely focus on the ETL right now. Call of Chaos is a sugartopping on our third victory.

I finished repainting Captain Eight Legs. huff huff. I hate painting defiler legs. I'm done with them. Except for the fact that I plan to make a 1250 Slaughtercult KDK list with five of them in it. NOOOOOOOO [snip]

Here's photographic proof, and here's WAY more photographic proof.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsyeetdrtu.jpg

Call of Chaos will be here before we know it! 

Aaaan it'll be totally irrelevant until the 16th of August. We need to completely focus on the ETL right now. Call of Chaos is a sugartopping on our third victory.

Currently the best way for us to ensure victory is to make sure we complete outstanding vows, and not put banked points at risk with last minuet vows. 

I hereby declare my fifth vow complete!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/20160810_235006-1.jpg

It's been a blast guys. As ever, I'm honoured to be counted among your number, and win or lose you're all awesome!

If you've got a vow outstanding, get cracking! The final days are upon us, and the Gods thirst for victory!

Dragonlover

Congratulations, Dragonlover, with an awesome finish and final model in this ETL! You've had an awesome run, and have been invaluable in motivating our Chaotic brethren. Please continue monitoring, motivating and inspiring us with your comments and feedback!!

Couldnt paint today, fell asleep on sofa funny and my necks killing me and I feel like Ive been punched in the head by Angron for spilling his milkshake. Ill pull an allnighter to catch up tomorrow.

[insert picture of Captain Eight Legs]

Stunning work chief, really well done on the re-paint. Did you paint him un assembled?

Nah, the upper body was never glued to the main body, nor was his head to his upper body. I also removed his axe, shoulder pads, leg plates, blood canisters, the back plate, the frontal plate, and finally the creepy melta thingies from the Maulerfiend kit. The muzzles have been magnetized from the get-go, so they were easy enough. But still, the enormous amount of gold that went in to this model is just staggering. It took me two five hour sessions just to get the gold on - and I use VLG Old Gold, which goes on like a dream. Basically the stages went like this: Sunday night: brown and red base colours. Monday: Gold. Tuesday: Gold and washes. Wednesday: the rest of the paint. I'm just happy he's finished again, and now matching the rest of my army. 

I hereby declare my fifth vow complete!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/Mobile%20Uploads/20160810_235006-1.jpg

It's been a blast guys. As ever, I'm honoured to be counted among your number, and win or lose you're all awesome!

If you've got a vow outstanding, get cracking! The final days are upon us, and the Gods thirst for victory!

Dragonlover

@Dragonlover - Very nice model there. Any chance of side shots to show livery, eg if its chaos, who it belongs to?

Because all we can see is the Loyalist Aquila under the cockpit and so for all we know it could be a Smurfmsn-wink.gif

Archived