+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

As promised vow 5 completed by Saturday

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC05797.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC05798.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC05796.jpg

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/Tankus97/DSC05799.jpg

One Chaos Lord, Juggernaut, Lightning Claw, Power Fist, Blood Forged Armour, Sigil of Corruption from the Khorne Daemonkin Codex to a total of 235 points.

Don't think I'll risk another vow so close to deadline day. It's been a blast guys, the quality and the dedication to the cause has been second to none great effort from everyone 

Now Im close to tears, quick break has turned into half of the greated cheese in my sammich fell onto the floor and I just lost my smoke in the mess that is my desk whilst looking for my lighter. At least my cup of tea is still ok.

Now Im close to tears, quick break has turned into half of the greated cheese in my sammich fell onto the floor and I just lost my smoke in the mess that is my desk whilst looking for my lighter. At least my cup of tea is still ok.

laugh.png Saved.

As I have used bog standard bits for the Dark Wolves/Khornate terminator lords I have been thinking about ways to make them look more suitable for 'Lord' status. I think I have the anwer, but it will be pushing my freehand skills out of my comfort zone to do, a I will be working on the faces... This is what I was thinkng.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/12530908_560216134155716_1749551524_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIyMDA5MzI4NjU3NDc1NzgwMQ%3D%3D.2acd44cdd74cf821a441261523ac4f893.jpg

Obviously it wont be as detailed, Im a wargamer Jim not a God!!! Thoughts guys? If I dont push myelf I will never improve...

Maybe try it on one? And just some simple khornate symbols - not per sé the stylized skull, but just some Chaotic runes? If it works, you can go on to others. I get that you want to practice your skills - but practice takes time, and with less than two days to go and over 3000 points to paint, time is not a resource you have, my friend! Chees sammiches, siggys and tea, perhaps. But not time. ;)

Oh Im not sleeping until this vow is done... Nearly done ten of the fifteen man CSM squad, just need to do bolter casings and any flesh then they are done. Currently trying to find a choppy looking axe for my Khârn counts as. Busy busy busy..

:cuss...

How far behind are we?

So far everything is basecoated and has the trim etc done bar 6 minis. The CSM squad and one Sorc are finished, Terminator Lords just need the face tattoos (Ill do that when the suns up so I have better light to work by) Rhinos and Brute nearly done (approx 80% painted) and Im working on the two Power Armour Khorne Lords and Possessed atm.

Im sorry brothers, I have failed you. After a hot start, i started a new job and it destroyed my free time.

I have been unable to complete any painting, my slaanesh units remain in the 'to-do' box.

Much penance will be payed!

That sucks!

I was going to paint Abaddon for some quick points, but I've run out of Black Primer. Sorry dudes! Either way I still feel like a winner :)

Use a brush!!! :lol:

Everythings done apart from Ahriman, Khârn, the 3 Slaanesh Lords and the last Sorceror. I know I said Im not sleeping until Im done but Im so tired Ive just put a teabag in the cup with a spoonfull of coffee, gonna get a few hrs kip before I faceplant my desk.

if your out odlf black primmer use some dark grey paint ? :)

and those with the calucations (and only do this if you are all done painting!) how much behind are we? how much do we need to win this? my last and 5th vow is done just need to add afew tiny details and ill call it a day :)

Leman Russ finished.

gallery_80057_11150_217433.jpg

I hereby declare my first and only vow (post #4417806) finished. Just in time. Pictures of my complete models are in this thread, but I include everything in this post for the Captain's convenience.

gallery_80057_11150_285905.jpg

gallery_80057_10843_505808.jpg

Captain, please accept my apologies for the hassle: I learned I couldn't model the arch-demagogue with a plasma pistol as I originally vowed. The conversion just didn't work as I planned. He's got a standard issue autopistol now and hence my vow doesn't amount to the initially claimed 500 points, but only to 485. I've modified my original post accordingly. I do understand this is a pain for you, but am hoping to get away with it as I consider it a very minor modification to my original vow. Please, again, accept my apologies and let me know what you think.

Vow complete!!

I, Midnight Runner; Despot of the Black Legion, Fell Reaver of Makan and Lord of the Black Harbingers, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX and vow in the name of the Warmaster to complete 7 off Chosen from Codex Black Legion Supplement baring the Mark of Khorne, Veterans of the Long War, with a Power Sword, Powerfist, Plasmagun and Icon of Wrath for a total 229pts on or before 15th August 2016. Success will bring forth eternal glory to the Legion and the forums of Chaos; failure however will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year's end.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_47.jpeg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_56.jpeg

Phew!! Not a great deal of points but will of the Dark Gods done, the Warmaster is happy(ish) and the Legion marches on :D

Kortmer, that is stunning work. Congratulations on an awesome completion!

Midnight Runner, nice work! Is that a Raptor power sword?

By blood and plague, change and excess we will win this. The might of the Astartes has been left ruined in our wake, and the shadows of the past are ephemeral. For Chaos!

Dragonlover

I have a little under a day. I have part of one unit, two other units, and three HQ to do before midnight my time tomorrow.

...excellent. The Chaos Gods wouldn't have it any other way. I start after dinner tonight, and I will only stop once I have pictures of all my vows - along with the two I made of my Khorne Vow for before - to upload. My study will wait til tomorrow.

(Left to do: - Final Colours and touchups on the Seekers + One arm reglue

-Khorne Daemonkin Bikers

-Juggerlord

-Custom Plaguebearers

-Custom Herald of Nurgle.

-Dark Apostle.)

And of all of them it'll likely be the Apostle who causes the most trouble.

Archived