+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

So, my days for doing hobby have been shortened by 2 due to obligations coming up sooner. I plan to have Tzeentch and... Slaanesh done by then (Slaanesh is a chariot and 5 Calvary, and doing Tzeentch and Nurgle sounds off) but that means a fair amount of painting tomorrow and Wednesday Morning.

Amime girls *drools* dont forget the tenticles!

never. Wait till you see how I'm incorporating them into the murals and model. (warning, NSFW or children under the age of 13) ;P

Theres lots of ideas I want to try but I wouldnt be able to post them here, stuff that would make Slaanesh blush and make Pinhead look vanilla. :lol:

Think its time to start my own blog online, then we can have dancing all day every day without Semper melting me.

@ darkseren1ty: Whoa, that Knight is crazy -- and in the best possible way, too! Very Tzeentchian! I do think you could have done a bit more with the base, however. Awesome paintjob, though! :)

The base isn't done! That's only the underlayer. Martian ironearth, hairdryers, airbrushing and plasticard webway portals are in the works. But basing doesn't matter for ETL, so... Priorities XD

++Vow 1 Complete++

I, Chaeron, have completed the following:

Chaos Spartan Assault Tank with Armoured Ceramite - 305pts

Fire Raptor with Reaper Autocannon batteries - 210pts

Three Rapier Weapons Batteries with Ectoplasma cannons - 165pts

Renegade Artillery Battery – consisting of two Medusas and one Basilisk – with Extra Armour, Militia Training and Breacher Shells (Medusas only) – 395pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Sergeant with Power Fist – 150pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Sergeant with Power Fist – 150pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, two Flamers – 135pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, two Flamers – 135pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Sergeant with Melta Bombs and Power Weapon– 145pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Sergeant with Melta Bombs and Power Weapon– 145pts

6 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Sergeant with Melta Bombs and Power Weapon– 169pts

6 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Sergeant with Melta Bombs and Power Weapon– 169pts

5 Plague Marines with Veterans of the Long War, Champion with Power Weapon – 140pts

Two Mutilators with MoN and VoTLW – 130pts

Chaos Lord with MoN – Terminator Armour, VoTLW, twin LCs – 147pts

Huron Blackheart – 160pts

...of total value 3000pts on or before August 15th, 2016.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETL16Vow1Complete_zps6nqrvayj.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETL16Vow1Complete2_zpskmyjsfpk.jpg

And now, to the second Vow...

Vow 2 UPDATE.

Spent the whole day painting yesterday and got some units finished. Quite happy with the look of the Horrors, The Plague Beares and Herald appear to be more green than i want them to be, but when placed with the rest of the units I painted from vow 1... it doesn't appear to be a huge deal

gallery_63905_11231_837883.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_747671.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_136601.jpg

I have also started work on the Plague drones and Demon Prince and hope to get them complete in the next week.

gallery_63905_11231_1024159.jpg

darkseren1ty - Simply stunning! Top work.

Thanks! I remain in awe of your vow though. Wow. 3000 pts just like that. O.o

Uveron: those are some of the prettiest horrors and plaguebearers I have ever seen. I must know how you painted the banner for the horrors (I suffer with it).

Uveron: those are some of the prettiest horrors and plaguebearers I have ever seen. I must know how you painted the banner for the horrors (I suffer with it).

Thanks!

Ok the banner, I painted in with steel and then bronze paint. I then painted the flames... To paint the flames I paint the whole section Dark Red, then Light Red (Blood Red), Orange, then Yellow and finally White. Each coat covers less and less of the flame with the white only being the tips of the flames. Now these colors are the inverse of how they are in reality, but having the white on the edge gives the sense of being a light source.. (I also claim its 'Demonic Fire")

Does that help?

gallery_63905_11231_805660.jpg

Broken the back of the crap week I had. Almost got the highlights done on the first three bikes. Should be able to bosh out the rest over the course of the week.

Dragonlover

blogger-image--1623041323.jpg

Hopefully that worked. I'm calling the Titan done and the rest of the vow too! I don't have time to base before I leave for a few weeks so I'll just do it when I get home. But I believe they don't have to be done for ETL so I should be good to complete my first vow!

blogger-image--1845842085.jpg

Also more pictures at my blog: www.grimdarkest.com if you want to see some close ups. Hopefully I can continue to get better with the airbrush since it can make some cool effects.

Uveron: thanks. Yes! I love the dark Metals you used and it works well with the flames.

I should also say, that the whole model including the flames get a wash in a undiluted Black Wash (Nuln Oil). It darkens the metalics and adds depth to the flames. 

@ darkserenity: Holy crap that's a wicked looking tzeentchian Knight. Excellent work indeed! Love to see the other one you're doing. Keep it up!

@ Chaeron: Another Machine IN THA HOUSE! 3000 points in three weeks. Unreal. But the Gods thirst for moar! Are you ready to VOW YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS?

@ undeadsoldier: DUUUUUDE! Already finished??? THat is excellent news. I can't believe how fast you did that titan! - You are very deserving of the titan badge - just as we deserve moar and better pics. ;)  - and SEMPER: this is the first Titan finished in the ETL, no? How's about a feature in next weekend's report? 

blogger-image--1623041323.jpg

Hidden Content

Hopefully that worked. I'm calling the Titan done and the rest of the vow too! I don't have time to base before I leave for a few weeks so I'll just do it when I get home. But I believe they don't have to be done for ETL so I should be good to complete my first vow!

blogger-image--1845842085.jpg

Also more pictures at my blog: www.grimdarkest.com if you want to see some close ups. Hopefully I can continue to get better with the airbrush since it can make some cool effects.

Small update here: I have the same problem as Scion of Ferrus over at the Codex Strategium: I'm out of 2-Epoxy glue and thus cannot start work on the Typhon and Spartan, while I'm still wiating for extra parts for my Kytan to arrive.... . So I'm stuck because of a lack of glue. Isn't that ironic.... 

What a sticky situation...

Ok I'll stop now. The worst thing is all these puns are a shameful copy from the Codex guys, who for some reason have started to become a bit like us: funny. They're probably becoming corrupted. :tu:

undeadsoldier - Just quickly ask, how did you find building the Warhound titan?  I might be getting on for my birthday but it just the building side that sort of worry me.

Uveron - Daemon are looking really cool.

I should have my 2nd ed era Khorne Berzerker finish next week.  Still got a lot to get done for the Black Legion.  Few real life stuff put a little delay.  But aim get vow 1 complete next two to three weeks as self set deadline :D

I 40kChris rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Herald of Tzeencth with Mastery level 3 (3 eyes), Exalted Locus of Conjuration (Horror arm), Grimoire (book), on a Disk of Tzeentch, with Paradox from the Curse of the Wulfen Chaos Demon Codex for a total value 200 pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Almost finished with the conversion, I just need to find a book for the Grimoire and to pin him in place and green stuff the missing toes.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y447/40kChris/320e3ad1-a8c2-4adc-b88b-79dfc6c751e3_zpsyazburia.jpg

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y447/40kChris/5ca3d92f-68e8-4256-8e6e-a9b198555b39_zpsbdeppnj1.jpg

I should be able to prime in the next few days.

I wish I could pledge more, and I might be able to but I just got a major commission today... if it goes well, I'll make more in 2 months than 9 months of teaching uni. That will also eat up a lot/most of my summer, the commission is for 250 bell jars with handles and I'll start making them next Monday after I finish charging the glass furnace this week.

But I still wanted to get my pledge in before the cut off! thumbsup.gif

darkseren1ty - Simply stunning! Top work.

Thanks! I remain in awe of your vow though. Wow. 3000 pts just like that. O.o

All for the war effort! If my Knights look even half as good as your one, I'd be happy!

@ Chaeron: Another Machine IN THA HOUSE! 3000 points in three weeks. Unreal. But the Gods thirst for moar! Are you ready to VOW YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS?

You know my intention anyway!

I, Chaeron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for a second time and vow to complete the following, drawn from Codex Chaos Space Marines, Renegade Knights Supplement and Imperial Armour 13, in no particular order:

Vow 2:

Daemon Lord – An’ggrath the Unbound - 888pts 

Storm Eagle with Multi-melta, Lascannons and Extra Armour – 290pts

Renegade Knight with Meltagun, Rocket Pod, Avenger Gatling and Battlecannon – 480pts

Renegade Knight with Icarus Autocannnon, Gauntlet, Battlecannon – 420pts

Renegade Knight with Gauntlet, Battlecannon –385pts

Renegade Knight with Gauntlet, Battlecannon – 385pts

5 Havocs, with Mark of Nurgle, two Missile Launchers, Autocannon and Plasmas Gun, with VOTLW, three CCWs – 156pts

...of total value 3004pts 3000pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle and the Chaos forum: failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Pre-Photo! (Minus Storm Eagle, which is still in the case behind!)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETL16Vow2_zpsy35l3ass.jpg

As ever, will add further photos once I actually build the four Knights vowed, and I'll finally have a full Renegade Knight army - huzzah! An'ggrath will naturally be fully repainted - he needs a dust first too...

Please do point out if I've made any errors in counting, or if I can't actually make the suggested models above from those three boxes... I've tried to work it out carefully! 

++Edit++

Belated photo of my Storm Eagle pre-paint below, with an indication of what may come...:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/PreETLSpraying_zpsa66pmmcc.jpg

Progress on my vow! Huzzah! I'm back on track now 2-3 weeks and I'll be done on my vow. I still intend to wash the skin some more and drybrush it back up. Also intend to do some rust on their weapons, just ran out of time last night.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/0193981B-E837-4E5F-9CDE-64DE98442C54_zpsrgqen6gi.jpg

Almost finished with the conversion, I just need to find a book for the Grimoire and to pin him in place and green stuff the missing toes.

That's a wonderful conversion - love how characterful it is! Cannot wait to see that painted.

Keep it coming everyone - great to see such good progress!

Well, better late than never, I suppose....

I, Large and Moving Torb, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the following:

• Two Forgefiends with full ectoplasma cannon load outs
  • Skull Cannon

from Codex Khorne Daemonkin for a total value of 535 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God and the Eight Fold Path (Chaos) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Initial pics:

Forgefiend 1, assembled

Forgefiend 2, assembled

Skull Cannon, assembled

I'll post progress/completion shots as they occur. Oh, and in case there is any confusion about the two Forgefiends, yes they are two different models. You can tell apart from the bases and also the number of spikey things on the neck. The first one I kinda screwed up putting together and had to chop off one of the spikes. verymad.gif

@ darkseren1ty: This is an amazing Knight! You have captured the Tzeentchian feel totally! I'm in awe! I wish you'd do the base too - since you obviously posses the skill for it.

@ Uveron: Lovely plague drones! Keep up the good work! thumbsup.gif

@ Augustus: So you kicked-off the Black Crusade! It doesn't matter that you guys cannot count to five - only Khorne will notice when you mis-count the skulls... And maybe that's a good reason to speed up on your maths! Good luck with your event! thumbsup.gif

@ 40kChris: Welcome to ETL V! Complex mini there - so best of luck to you!

@ Chaeron: Ok, let me get this straight: you completed a 3k vow, and re-vowed a 3k vow... Now that's impressive, to put it mildly. Good luck sir, that's an enormous undertaking.

@ undeadsoldier: Now we NEED more and larger pics of this Titan! You'll also be joining the ETL Titan Order that we will be inaugurating this year! Congratulations on completing this fantastic machine!

@ Large and Moving Torb: Welcome to ETL V! I see the Chaos team is growing and growing! Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Now these colors are the inverse of how they are in reality, but having the white on the edge gives the sense of being a light source.. (I also claim its 'Demonic Fire")

Yep, this is true. "Realistic" fire would be reversed, with the "tips" beeing black, and the white in the middle, but from my experience this won't work on most models. Having the tips white (like a classic highlight) really helps it and makes it nice and popping smile.png

Archived