+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Might as well throw my hat in:

I, Blackheart1223, Warlord of the Death Guard Warband known as The Tainted, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX.

For the Glory of The Plague Father I vow to complete the following:

Plague Marine Squad

7 Plague Marines with 2x plasma guns, veterans of the long war and champion with power fist and melta bombs (235)

Chaos Rhino with Havoc Launcher and Dozer Blade (52).

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_9646/med_gallery_50714_9646_1017961.jpeg

For a total of 287 points.

On or before the 15th of August 2016. Success will bring the Foetid Bleesings of the Grandfather to the warband and the Forum, failure with compel me to wear the badge of Oathbreaker until years end.

I Madkid523 vow to complete:

1 chaos lord with plasma pistol + power sword

1 chaos lord with power fist + combi flamer

1 huron blackheart

1 vrosh tattersoul

1 unit of 6 chosen, 1 power axe, 1 power fist, 1 power maul, 1 twin lightning claws

1 helbrute with multi melta + power fist

1 unit of 5 possessed

1 unit of 10 cultists, 8 autoguns, 1 shotgun, 1 heavy stubber

1 unit of 10 cultists with flamer

1 unit of 10 chaos marines with close combat weapons, 1 plasma gun, 1 heavy bolter, 1 power sword

from codex: Chaos Space Marines totaling 1161 points

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/connor_allen3/WP_20160517_15_02_50_Pro_zpspsi8f9ua.jpg

Everything is looking great!

We appear to be making some great progress already. I dont mean to keep harping on about this, but we do need to go out and hunt for some new blood. I plan on hitting up some local groups for me today (but that may end up helping other forums as well, alas msn-wink.gif ). But we should hit up any Chaos focused Facebook groups out there, I know of the Chaos Renegades one and one for Iron Warriors but Iam sure there are more.

Anyway, Todays Progress, managed to get everyone washed and started on the bone detailing on the models.

*pic*

Those nurgle daemons are already lookin ace Uveron! I especially love those beast conversions, such a good idea.

@Filkarion

thanks man! I was going for a totally different vibe with slaanesh than what GW usually runs (all boobs and claws), I'll take any Myazaki reference I can get!

I Steve Shields vow to complete the following models (listed below) for a total of 3000 +2 points on or before August 15th

-snip-

Knight: Paladin Rocket Pod MoK Dirge Caster Legacy of Ruin: First war of Armageddon (represented by dead guard stuff on the base) 505

Knight: Paladin Rocket Pod, MoT, Dirge Caster  460

-snip-

These two builds aren't legal knight builds. We can't dedicate, put dirge casters on, or put legacies on any of the knights with back weapons, gats, fists, or double weapons. (and arguable we shouldn't mix dedications and legacies, but raw I think that is fine)

Alrighty, here we go!

I, Alan of the 91st Company Night Lords, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Chaos Sorcerer (with Mastery 3, Last Memory of Yuranthos, Spell Familiar and Aura of Dark Glory) from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 170 Points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos and the VIIIth and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_47732_9950_561380.jpg

ALL GLORY TO CHAOS AND THE FALLEN LEGIONS!

I Steve Shields vow to complete the following models (listed below) for a total of 3000 +2 points on or before August 15th

-snip-

Knight: Paladin Rocket Pod MoK Dirge Caster Legacy of Ruin: First war of Armageddon (represented by dead guard stuff on the base) 505

Knight: Paladin Rocket Pod, MoT, Dirge Caster 460

-snip-

These two builds aren't legal knight builds. We can't dedicate, put dirge casters on, or put legacies on any of the knights with back weapons, gats, fists, or double weapons. (and arguable we shouldn't mix dedications and legacies, but raw I think that is fine)
Army builder had an update that said you could put pods on there, does anyone know if that's an error, or if it got released to them at some point? I'll have to add a 10th model to the vow if those pods are not allowed.

-snip-

-snip-

Army builder had an update that said you could put pods on there, does anyone know if that's an error, or if it got released to them at some point? I'll have to add a 10th model to the vow if those pods are not allowed.

He is correct, they are not allowed there. 

There are two version of the 'Chaos Knight' one is the Renegade version, they get all the weapon options.... the other is the FW Chaos Knight, they get the upgrades and can have the legacys of Ruin. Which based on the Knights you have vowed are the ones you will want to use. 

I, Scourged, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the host of units shown below from Codex: Chaos Space Marines and Codex: Chaos Daemons of total value 1045 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Scourged and all of Chaos, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

And what do I bring to the table? Well, after looking at my selections for this vow, I'm apparently bringing out the big guns. Let's take a look, shall we?

To start, how about some Huron Blackheart? Can't go wrong there, right? Besides, it's been a while since I've painted any red. 160 pts.

http://i.imgur.com/bOZAuKSl.jpg?1

Next up I bring you an Exalted Flamer. I figure he's been hanging around my workbench long enough that he deserves some paint. 50 pts.

http://i.imgur.com/t7n8fdxl.jpg?1

And some Screamers. Can never have too many of those, right? 75 pts.

http://i.imgur.com/fK4QIWYl.jpg?1

Time to start bringing out the big guns. Here we have a Havok squad, complete with four missile launchers. We'll say they're equipped with flakk missiles too. The Champion has a power sword on him, too, 'cause he was a champ I had layin' around to complete the squad. 190 pts.

http://i.imgur.com/jq56JQMl.jpg?1

Then there's a new Helbrute. For the purposes of the vow, it's equipped with a lascannon and missile launcher, but in reality I'll be painting up all of the magnetized pieces to go with it. 135 pts.

http://i.imgur.com/QveiObYl.jpg?1

And then, hey, you know what every army always needs? A Land Raider. Picked this guy up second hand, did some bits of conversion and kitbashing, and it's all set to go for a glorious paint job. It's even got a Dirge Caster, because yeah, why not? 235 pts.

http://i.imgur.com/ftHUSGil.jpg?1

And finally... this will be my prized gem for the vow. I had a blast kitbashing this one together, and I'm very happy with the results. This will be my Defiler, with standard armament plus Warpflame Gargoyles. 200pts.

http://i.imgur.com/OebClkYl.jpg?1

And that, if I did my math right, should come out to 1045 total points. If not, someone feel free to correct me. Ah, this is going to be fun. Group shot!

http://i.imgur.com/oOR1ZLBl.jpg?1

-snip-

-snip-

The other knights can have pods, because they aren't using legacies, dirge casters, or dedications.

We currently have two knights

Chaos Knight Titans: Only in sword+battle cannon or sword+melta, but may take dirge, dedications, and legacies*

Renegade Knight Titans: May take back weapons any any combination of two arm weapons, may not take dirge, dedications, or legacies

*There is a RAI argument that dedications cannot be combined with legacies, but raw seems to allow it for now.

That third knight in your vow could have one of the pods if you wished, but yeah, I think you will need another model.

Good to see you Madkid, Alan and Scourged! Also Blackheart and anyone else I missed!

I tell you what, my vow did not feel like it was gonna be as big as it is when I put it into Battlescribe. Just gotta take it five guys at a time.

Dragonlover

@ The Psycho: Ok mate, fixed it for you! smile.png

@ Teetengee, steve shields, Uveron: Thanks guys, there was no way I was going to catch this detail. Steve, feel free to amend your vow to your liking to bring it to valid status.

@ Alan: Well, I look forward to this. Your style rocks! cool.png

@ Scourged: Impressive, most impressive... Good luck! thumbsup.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I tell you what, my vow did not feel like it was gonna be as big as it is when I put it into Battlescribe. Just gotta take it five guys at a time.

Dragonlover

But it'll feel so good when it's complete!

I'm using up so much Dark and Strong Tone it's unreal...But, it's worth it - looks awesome!

I started on the final trim of my Soul Grinder with Liberator Gold. Even though it's the fastest gold in the Citadel range, it's not fast enough. Back to using rubbing alcohol and Vallejo Liquid Old Gold. Hopefully by Wednesday the first unit in my vow is done.

In the meantime, welcome BadSante and BrotherMayhem. To find others, perhaps we should start comparing the participants of last year with this year's list, and contact those missing about joining.

I'll start a Soul Vow Satellite Event by the end of this month, and will contact Forté for banners etc. Has anyone seen him recently? We need his Slaaneshi wit.

Really good plan - Soul Vows worked well last year, be good to keep us on track!

I found my old trusty brush I use for basecoating, Ive painted more in an hour today than I did all of yesterday. Flying through my vow, if I keep up the speed Im at now Ill be finished tomorrow, wed at the latest.

See I treated myself to a couple of new brushes for etl, I'm a bit rough on them not quite sure how, but I think I don't use enough water as I'm going along.

I'm hammering my WAMP Basecoat brush - love it to bits! I've just treated it to some Master's Cleaner happy.png

i wonder who got/ gets the first completion, and if it be a chaos team honour or not

The Guard has already done it. smile.png

+1 VP for First Blood, but we'll take Linebreaker laugh.png

Hi, I painted one more coat then the primer a couple of months ago on some of my guys

med_gallery_77459_12048_112155.jpg

Is this early enough in the painting stages for it to be fine ? I've got quite a few more to this level.

I know that the generally accepted rules state no further than primed, but as written it also says "In very early stages"...

(PS: I know the Terminator in the back has to be repainted)

I can't decide where to vow! Here or AoD. I got some Rapiers, Aquila Stronghold and the B@C contents to paint, but was planning to do them as the Legion variant... But they all have a CSM points cost too.. Difficult choice..

Just need to do the trim on 12 Raptors/Talons, 2 Rhinos, 1 Dread and basecoat/trim 3 Terminators and another Dread then everything gets a black wash then paint any fleshy bits and then all my Word Bearers are done. Then I need to paint the 3 Flamers of Tzeentch that I forgot about. :lol:

Painting didnt go as fast as Id liked today as I have a killer headache.

I can't decide where to vow! Here or AoD. I got some Rapiers, Aquila Stronghold and the B@C contents to paint, but was planning to do them as the Legion variant... But they all have a CSM points cost too.. Difficult choice..

Is that a choice at all? Are you a fool clinging to the past, or do you accept the universal truth of chaos? Besides, the HH forum is boring. They take things way too seriously. We have dancing in the end.

Is that a choice at all? Are you a fool clinging to the past, or do you accept the universal truth of chaos? Besides, the HH forum is boring. They take things way too seriously. We have dancing in the end.

Bloody historical lot. I did heresy gaming before it was cool!!! :lol:

Back when we had to convert MK7 into every other mark of armour and BoLS actually did a decent set of heresy rules.

A WIP Photo from earlier today:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/5184e1ce-8904-4300-af5a-aa26ca06d1d2_zps3fk3grok.jpg

And now:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/ETL16Vow1WIP3_zpslqkfledd.jpg

Few details to be done on the interior of the artillery, but very happy with a day's work.

Leaves me basically with infantry to do - and I have just shy of a week and a half to get those done. Huzzah!

Wow nice Chaeron :) they look good. I'll hopefully get some painting done this weekend been so busy trying to study for my electrical regulation and theory exams as well as trying to repair my Nurgle Spartan which I converted years ago but never painted so was just lying under a bunch of stuff in my garage for a few years :(

Archived