+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Thanks bud, sort of going for a command and conquer Brotherhood of Nod look for them, that way I can just use the same Tanks as the militia army and it all looks legit and tied in color scheme wise

The whole issue with what's in the spirit of the ETL and hackle raising wouldn't happen if AoD did it's own policing. In the SW forum we've had people including myself being challenged for things like upgrades. I happened to model them into the models and it wasn't picked up that I had until I was challenged by WLK. This just doesn't seem to be happening here and it's being left to Semper to "pick up". Getting all offended about it just proves some people are feeling like they've been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Kurama you've shown your just repainting and there's nothing underhand. That's cool but it might have been worth noting this with the starting pic to avoid confusion. No one is saying anyone is cheating. People just want things to be open and above board from the start. If you think WLK is giving you a hard time try being part of the pack where the Alpha is feeling under pressure of loosing the Alpha status (Yeah ... I'm back to reclaim my place). :p

Lets just say the Legions needed Watch Packs in the 30k setting. Let's not have to reintroduce them in the ETL, were a bit busy painting. :devil:

Once again if it's in regards to the solar auxilia they are getting re painted for the event and army.

I'm awake now and I'm planning on having nearly everything from vow 1 finished by the end of the day, also why the hell is there so much negativity lately around the forum it's E TENEBRAE LUX let's all be supportive for once

No I think it was in regards to God-Potato of Mankind's Brass/Gold Angron and noigrim's horrible blue, orange models, painted bikers etc.

Your auxilia were already explained. 

99209999044_RetributorArmourSpray.jpg

That's fine and dandy policing your stratergium, personally I feel it's up to the individual to do the right thing rather than leaving it up to mods to police or to start our own policing group.

That's the whole point of the preparation threads to ensure people plan and are aware of the rules prior to the start.

If indeed people are being underhanded report them or pm them etc let's not within the first week start a witch hunt and ruin the spirit of etl.

I do agree with what has been said in some regards but only the mods and semper (as its his main event) are able to really act, all the frater should be doing is reporting not taking action into their own hands and derailing threads as has been the case recently in some other threads.

Let us just enjoy this competition and get some painting done from here on in.

The Wolves do not have a policing group, but if we are not sure of something, we ask.

Either a mod or Semper. That way there is nothing erroneous or underhand going on.

I also agree it is up to the individual, more than the collective, but if it is noticed then there shouldn't be an issue with calling it out. It is why we in the Wolves forums have gone to great lengths, to make sure that everyone is aware of the rules and the spirit of the ETL.

If you have models which you plan to strip or repaint it should be clearly marked in the vow along wit the picture to avid confusion. A new rule which would help is that if you are priming models in different colours then the model should be photographed with the primed parts separate. An example, you prime the tank tracks silver and the tank black, or a marine primed black but bionics silver. Start photo should have the tracks plus any other silver primed parts separate from the black tank, same for the marine. Would save a heck of a lot of confusion and people calling shenanigans.

Either that or date stamped pictures.

That is just my view.

I am at a loss of what type of Crusader to build, I can either go with the standard one (gatling cannon and thermal cannon) with the stormspear or one with the gating cannon, battle cannon and ironstorm... I will eventually build both but need another rocket pod to do so (damn renegade kit only comes with one).

If you have models which you plan to strip or repaint it should be clearly marked in the vow along wit the picture to avid confusion. A new rule which would help is that if you are priming models in different colours then the model should be photographed with the primed parts separate. An example, you prime the tank tracks silver and the tank black, or a marine primed black but bionics silver. Start photo should have the tracks plus any other silver primed parts separate from the black tank, same for the marine. Would save a heck of a lot of confusion and people calling shenanigans.

ogo46XW.jpg

Nicely done Potato. Never thought you were misleading anyone, but a picture like that plus the other pic you did (Primed and then built) certainly helps to clarify things.

Colonel H. I think it is more an evolutionary thing, where painting techniques, especially with priming and prep, plus a lot of people moving away from traditional painting and using one block colour for priming, to airbrushing with the ease and cheapness t do multiple colours of primers and do the heavy lifting of the basecoats and highlights

Maybe the pre-paint stage rules for the ETL need a bit of a tweak to reflect the evolution of painting techniques.

Enough of the heavy stuff, lets get back to painting some models :)

I, Captain Ventris, vow in the name of the Emperor and the 141stExpeditionary Fleet to complete:

• One Knight Crusader of House Draconis equipped with:
  • A rapid fire battle cannon
  • Ironspear missle pod

Making a total of 460 points.

med_gallery_62975_12036_416018.jpg

Once again if it's in regards to the solar auxilia they are getting re painted for the event and army.

I'm awake now and I'm planning on having nearly everything from vow 1 finished by the end of the day, also why the hell is there so much negativity lately around the forum it's E TENEBRAE LUX let's all be supportive for once

No I think it was in regards to God-Potato of Mankind's Brass/Gold Angron and noigrim's horrible blue, orange models, painted bikers etc.

@The God-Potato of Mankind - I stand correctedthumbsup.gif

Edit: Missed out The.

I Vogon rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

1 Exodous - 115pts

1 Legion Centurion (Forge Lord with Cortex Controler, Graviton Gun Thunder Hammer) - 140pts

1 10 Legionary Veteran Tactical Squad (Heavy Bolter, Melta Gun and Combi weapon) - 245pts

1 5 Legionary Heavy support squat (Missile launchers) - 160pts

1 unit of 3 Thallax Cohort -135pts

from Age of Darkness (Alpha Legion) of total value 795pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Warmaster and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

ETL V Pledge

Time to get painting

Cheers

Vogon

@kizzdougs - Brilliant Model!!! I'm out of likes due to the ETL, very nice colour scheme it works well.

I, Civsmitty, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

- Volkite Tactical Support and Rhino - (5 x Volkite Charger) - 160

- Templar Brethren - (5: Solarite Power Gaunt, 2x plasma pistols, combat shield, vexilla) - 230

from of total value of 390 on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the XX Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_40963_11999_277859.jpgmed_gallery_40963_11999_441756.jpg

I, Deadman Wade, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

- Legion Praetor in Cataphractii terminator armor with Paragon blade, Volkite charger and Trophies of judgement (167 points)

- Legion Praetor with Paragon blade, Archeotech pistol and Trophies of judgement (150 points)

- Legion Champion with Power axe and Trophies of judgement (110 points)

- Apothecary (45 points)

from Space Marine Legion Crusade Army List of total value 472 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Night Lords Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

med_gallery_63429_12038_151803.jpg

I, Shrieker, vow to complete 2 units of Legion Veteran Tactical Squads for the glory of the Legio XIX and the Raptors

Squad 1

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/MinkGoblin/IMG_0041_zps8c9ynqzh.jpg

3 power weapons, 2 Missile launchers, meltabombs, vexilla, nuncio vox, sgt w/ power weapon, and artificer armour (345pts)

Squad 2

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/MinkGoblin/IMG_0035_zpszulmt2in.jpg

3 power weapons, 2 Heavy Bolters, meltabombs, vexilla, nuncio vox, sgt w/ power weapon, plasma pistol and artificer armour (350pts)

Edit: 'Before' pics added.

Some amazing work on here already!

I've run out of likes!

Keep 'em coming lads, got to go for the win!

Good to see the vows still coming through guys! Just remember you've got to come through for the team!

So I've finished a second leman russ now, I'll work on the third over the rest of the night but I'm a bit exhausted and drained so I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow after work.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/20160516_163649_zpsvizmffao.jpg

All 3 Vanquisher together

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/20160516_163631_zpska7swz3t.jpg

and ive got the first 10 Solar Auxillia coming along nicely just the eye lenses and rifles and they will be done.... then 30 more after that.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/20160516_163756_zpsvlm4nuxt.jpg

come on team let's get some early finished completions

Loving these! I was thinking of getting the GW Russes but seeing these has brought me

down on the side of the FW tanks. Do they still come with a DKoK crewman?

Absolutely impeccable!

The colour scheme is pure class!

Best looking model I've seen in ages.

Not sure who to ask to deal with this but I've updated my pledge,

there's a WIP pic and my pledge points total is 695pts.

Could someone update the first page accordingly.

@ Dusk Raider: When you do calculate the points give me a heads-up so I can update the front page.

EXACTLY!!!!

PLEASE stop trying to police your rival forums. If you think there is a breach in the rules come to me first! :angry:

:woot:

What do I think? I'm lost for words! Man you are a fantastic artist...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived