+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

When is the deadline for the first vow? :-)

15th of June to make it, 15th of August to complete it.

@Olis - Not strictly true there Moderati. The deadline is still 15th of August. The 15th of June is the cut off point for new ETL V participants

More fool me for not being clear (again). That's exactly what I meant. ^_^

When is the deadline for the first vow? :-)

15th of June to make it, 15th of August to complete it.

@Olis - Not strictly true there Moderati. The deadline is still 15th of August. The 15th of June is the cut off point for new ETL V participants

More fool me for not being clear (again). That's exactly what I meant. happy.png

If you want to be completely pedantic, logically your original answer was indeed strictly true, as you must make your first vow before 15 June to declare your participation, and you have to complete it by 15 August. There is no possible way you could make a first vow after 15 June (unless it's OOC.) So, pedantically, Olis was right, Scion was wrong (in saying that Olis was incorrect. The rest of the information he provided, however, was legitimate.) ;)

For Primarch and Emperor, I, Aias, do rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux, and vow to complete the last remnants of my army, a Predator Squadron with a total value of 415 points, on or before August 15, 2016. Success will bring glory to Alpharius and his loyal sons, while failure shall doom me to wear the badge of Oathbreaker until year's end.

They're primed and ready, actually got the basecoat on one of them today though that's not pictured. Predator Executioners, heavy bolter sponsons, and one shall be my command tank for the squadron.

Predator Executioner Squadron

I, First Son of Horus, vow to complete the following in the name of the great Magnus;

1 Master of Signals with Artificer Armour 105

1 Contemptor with Volkite Culverin 190

5 Veterans, Volkite Charger, Sgt with Plasma pistol, power fist and artificer armour 175

10 Veterans, 2 Volkite Chargers, Sgt with Power Fist, artificer armour 245

10 Veterans, 2 Plasma Guns, Sgt with plasma pistol, artificer armour 255

VOW 1: 970 Points

gallery_92897_11835_18914.jpg

N.B: The one painted model is a test model! Not finished!

Great too see more vows coming in and best if all they seem extremely manageable!

Let us maintain a steady pace boys and girls after all we need to win the marathon not the 50m dash!

I'm off to work today I unfortunately didn't get vow 1 finished in the time frame I expected but after work today I'll be pretty god damn close.

Remember let's be supportive of one another and allow the paint to flow

Another day, another marine. This time...with Choom! And a story.

Feel free (mods) to remove story if the 'wip'ness of this thread is only for models

Enjoy biggrin.png

(And no, don't worry, there won't be text for every single marine of the 30 I've pledged tongue.png)

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg1_zps1lber4sv.jpg?1463431142426&1463431143744&1463431148913http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg4_zps9s5ctjsw.jpg?1463431142426&1463431143744&1463431148913&1463431159344http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg2_zps8rwfuccy.jpg?1463431142426&1463431143744&1463431148913&1463431159344http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg3_zpswqxtd39x.jpg?1463431142426&1463431143744&1463431148913&1463431159344

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storm eagle hanging overhead lurched sideways, sky lighting up with a thunderous explosion as it was blown out the air. Xai could make out the mauled figures through the gaping hole in the fuselage, some leaping out onto the ground as the aircraft span wildly, accelerating towards the mountainside. The mountainside he was on. He cursed, slinging his volkite caliver across his back, and turned to run. Five seconds later it collided straight into the dark stone, the shockwave from impact and subsequent explosion throwing Xai dozens of metres away from the rest of his squad. His flight was broken by a sharp impact against him helm, staggering him.

Xai rose, clutching at his face, feeling the shattered remains of an eyepiece, the shards pushing into his soft tissue. The pain inhibitors worked away, distracting him from the injury, leaving it a nagging ache as if he had merely been bruised. Unlimbering his gun, he glanced around. From the ash-wreathed clouds ahead, he could make out a huge figure, stumbling forward. Abhuman. Raising his caliver, he pulled the trigger, a lance of crackling orange splurting out and slamming into the shoulder of the beast. It growled, noticing the armoured figure less than half a dozen metres away, before starting to run forward. Xai tried to shoot again, only to be met with a low tone in response. Damaged power pack...of course. He back-pedalled furiously, ejecting the current pack and grabbing his last one from his waist. The abhuman was five metres away now, huge feet propelling it forwards in great loping strides. Xai could see it more clearly, an oversized humanoid creature with upper body and shoulders clad in crude metal plates, one hand replaced by a vicious hook that would be more appropriate in a butcher’s store. Its small, lumpy face was scrunched up in an expression of primal hate, while the snarl on its mouth dripped drool and blood.

Another heartbeat, the pack was loaded, and the abhuman was four metres away. Xai pulled again, bracing his feet into the dark earth. Beam after beam of brilliant fire slammed into the fleshy bulk, a few burning away harmlessly on the basic metallic armour. The others charred flesh, and Xai could see fat bubble away in places, while one simple pauldron was sheared off; a sequence of melted holes cut through. The energy discharge coils whined and grew hot, his armour lighting up in an orange tint. Finally the beast faltered for a second, the heat burning a ragged hole all the way through its belly. Then it leapt forward, closing the last metre in an unruly jump. The hook descended on the gun, pulling and throwing it to the right, letting it clatter to the ground. The other hand gripped Xai’s left arm, before ripping it off at the shoulder in a fountain of gore. The pain inhibitors fluctuated for a second, leaving Xai to scream out in agony. The abhuman paused, its eardrums burst by the loud sound. Xai flopped to the floor, pain receding from his mind as his bio-enhancements and psychotherapic barriers returned, filling his system with adrenaline and balms. He crawled desperately to where his caliver lay, barrel still red hot. His remaining hand barely gripped the handle before he felt the brutal hook pierce straight through his right leg, metal pushing through layers of ceramite and red flesh in a show of barbarian strength.

Pulling him up into the air, it glanced at the armoured body with an expression of glee, content to let Xai hang there for a few seconds. He had other ideas. Arm thrust out, Xai pushed the smoking end of the barrel under the metal plates protecting the abhumans upper abdomen, and presumably its heart. The barrel melted into the bare flesh, penetrating a couple of inches in as the meat of the torso bubbled away from the extreme heat. A heartbeat later, Xai switched to fully automatic, and depressed the trigger. Dozens of cracks were heard, as the creature howled, heat and ancient technology burning away at its body. Eventually Xai heard a change in pitch, as the back of the monster’s body was burnt out, energy having cut all the way through, disintegrating bone and flesh.

A couple of seconds later, the abhuman reeled backwards, before collapsing to the ground with a satisfying thump, lifelessly dropping Xai to the floor. Its chest cavity was reduced to a charred ruin, internal organs, meat and gristle burnt to ashes, even as the fire lapped at the rest of the corpse. Xai grunted, gritting his teeth before pulling his leg off the bloody hook. Steadily rising back on two legs, he took one last look at the singed thing before him, before raising his caliver and firing a last shot into the beast’s inert face, expression frozen in a rictus display of surprise. Xai watched, the coruscating flames burning the flesh down to the skull, before that too blistered away to ashes upon the wind.

First part of my pledge under way. A work in progress shot of my Alpha Legion Exodus.

med_gallery_92760_11494_73265.jpeg

I'll get some more done tomorrow.

There are some really inspiring paint jobs going on here. Great work everyone.

Cheers

Vogon

I, Ovidius Incertus, for the honor of the Iron Xth, vow the following for ETL V:

A Forgelord Centurion with plasma pistol and power axe: 105 pts

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/IH%20Forgelord%201_zpsb9vy4bfb.jpg

Arnock the Brazen, Legion Dreadnought with TL autocannon, Siege Wrecker, Meltagun, Extra Armor, 2 HK missiles and Frag assault launchers: 200 pts.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/IH%20Ironclad%201_zpsd9dgyhdx.jpg

For a total of 305 pts.

Honestly, the shading wasn't what I was going for, but I'm going to make this work. It has an attractive contrast that I'm digging, and should be more subtle with more layers, and paint on the trim detail :)

PS: I've sorely miscalculated my paint supplies. Appearantly, a Titan takes way more paint than a Knight. Go figure :P :)

I Nevindar, Archmagos Reductor of the Autokrator Varangia Explorator corps rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete One Triaros Armoured Conveyor from The Mechanicum Taghmata Army List of total value 135 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Great Metal Hand In The Sky and the AoD forum, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

1 Triaros: 135 points
Starting photo:
gallery_84024_11617_162582.jpg

//Nevindar "I follow the great metal hand in the sky"

Just finished the first mini of my vow :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4388_zps7ix2s2zz.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4389_zpsn9zprsjh.jpg

What do you guys think of the white/purple scheme?

Would look even better on a corpse!

I, WhoHitJohn, vow for ETL V, by the name of the honourable Xth legion, the following:

Iron Farther with Archaeotech pistol, and thunder hammer 185pts

1 10 man Tactical squad, with vexilla and Vox, Sargeant with Combi-melta and Ligthning Claw 195pts

1 10 man tactical squad with vexilla and Vox, Sargeant with power fist and plasma pistol 200pts

A total of 580pts to be completed on, or before the 15/08/2016.

The flesh is weak!!!!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Whohitjohn1/a028e3d1400fc977cb3a57b21a236afc_zps8ezbpcyb.jpghttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Whohitjohn1/7ec37bd42775da0fff2bd1d9a2052468_zpsezi5xs3l.jpg

Archived