+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

p.s. Gee those Fellglaive super heavy's are seriously beautiful beast's... Maybe I better save up for one wub.gif

Fellblades are gorgeous. Easily the nicest of the Heresy Marine superheavies.

I jeremy1391 vow to complete

Praetor: Blade of Perdition; iron halo 145

Centurion: artificer armour; power fist; melta bombs 85

Primus Medicae: artificer armour; charnabal sabre; refractor field 115

Chaplain: artificer armour; plasma pistol, refractor field 120

terminator command squad

• 5 Chosen Terminators: Terminator Standard Bearer (chainfist); 4 Chosen Terminators; 3 × combi-bolter; 2 × power fist; 2 × chainfist; heavy flamer 265

Dreadnought Talon

• Dreadnought: flamestorm cannon; chainfist (heavy flamer) 160

Predator Strike Squadron

• Predator: lascannon sponsons 125

1,015 points

Success will bring honor to the 7th and 9th legions,

Failure will see me bear the badge of shame until years end.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/jeremy137chaulsett/Mobile%20Uploads/0049B1F2-CF4D-40C9-84D9-EC1156701299_zpsxthk1snv.jpg

I shall complete the following for the Emperor's glory:

1x Solar Auxilia Arvus Lighter: 85pts

- Chaff/Flare launchers

Massive +1 for the Arvus, just don't see enough of those beauties!

I should be perfectly honest here, it probably won't see too much gameplay. It's primarily being used as a terrain piece in my hangar bay Zone Mortalis board. :P

Great stuff here!

Almost done with the Salamanders from my vow, just some weathering and final details left:

gallery_48145_12044_130784.jpg

gallery_48145_12044_159743.jpg

Managed to run out of some paints including black primer, but that will be remedied shortly, and won't affect these guys anyway.

I, Brother Carn rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: 10 Veterans, 5 tactical support Marines, a Contemptor and a Librarian  for the glory of Imperial Fist of total value 760pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Imperial Fist and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

ETL V - I

Very Fast work there Jeremy,

May i ask whats the undercoat on the yellow...i'm starting to have an interest in yellow tongue.png is it army painter yellow???... happy.png

Nice golds on the primus thumbsup.gif

Mithril

A lot of activity, completions, re-vowing, brand new participants! Welcome Brother Carn, good luck with your vow!

OK, so now it's Thursday and the new update will come out on Saturday! How many recruits can you muster until then? Clock is ticking! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Very Fast work there Jeremy,

May i ask whats the undercoat on the yellow...i'm starting to have an interest in yellow tongue.png is it army painter yellow???... happy.png

Nice golds on the primus thumbsup.gif

Mithril

The yellow is army painter demonic yellow

Now this update isn't for this vow it might be for the 3rd 4th or 5th but I needed a break from painting tonight and decided to do some minor converting on some models;

So I'm working on my first 20 man Grenadier squad, now I need some feedback on this idea.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/cameringo_20160526_171558_zpsk4eseiqi.jpeg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/cameringo_20160526_171635_zpsd3t1jurn.jpeg

now you may be wondering why? Well I need a nuncio vox in the squad so I thought to myself what about a compact one due to the vostroyans having access to some of the best Wargear in the imperium (after all the Segmentum Obscurus uses mezoa Lucius and Vostroya which are forgeworlds and industrial planets) so keeping with the scheme I decided to try a skitarii backpack.

so does it fit the theme or should I look at something bigger

As always, this is a thoroughly enjoyable thread to browse through smile.png

I rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux V, and pledge in the name of the AoD. Success will bring glory to the Shattered Xth (and friends), failure will doom me to wear the badge of oath breaker.

For my first vow, I shall paint one Master of Signal, at 95 points

(Centurion + MoS, no other options).

Formerly of the Raven Guard, now attached to the Shattered Iron Hands of Clan Tellum.

27153337012_0297f6204d_z.jpg

27153336642_dfb46ed615_z.jpg

I do intend to submit further vows, time/work permitting.

@jeremey- thanx, may look into it...anything to make yellow easier thumbsup.gif

Kurama- the pack works well(but don't put it on backwards like in the pic ohmy.png ...unless you have something to cover that gaping circular hole tongue.png )

Ironwrought - that's a very great posed model,look fwd to seeing paint on him! is the pointy hand going to be silver happy.png .

LOJ- thats a LOT of Bases ohmy.png

Mithril

Captain Semper, on 25 May 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

Now that lady knows how to make an entrance! The XIIth should consider itself privileged to have you on their side! Good luck White Witch! thumbsup.gif

Thanks Cap'n!

You should see the entrances I can make to events where I can wear heels laugh.png

devil.gif :yes: :tu:

Man, I need your points total! Please edit your original vow and then let me know so I can update the first page!

As always, this is a thoroughly enjoyable thread to browse through smile.png

I rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux V, and pledge in the name of the AoD. Success will bring glory to the Shattered Xth (and friends), failure will doom me to wear the badge of oath breaker.

For my first vow, I shall paint one Master of Signal, at 95 points

(Centurion + MoS, no other options).

Formerly of the Raven Guard, now attached to the Shattered Iron Hands of Clan Tellum.

27153337012_0297f6204d_z.jpg

27153336642_dfb46ed615_z.jpg

I do intend to submit further vows, time/work permitting.

Welcome Ironwrought, great pose there! I look forward to your take of RG attached to IHs! You gotta love the HH - infinite options! :D

NOW, the second weekly update will be coming in tomorrow, so today is your chance to join and bolster your faction!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey Folks,

Chugging along with my vow and I've hit a bit of a stumbling block.

Tried out a test model and I wanted to get a bit of feedback:

gallery_92853_12010_115843.jpeg

Now my problem is for the army, Alpha Legion, is it me or is this a bit too much like an ultramarine?

My gut feeling is to try again and go for something a bit lighter.

At this stage, I'd need to strip (or just repaint, its airbrushing so its quite light) my whole force, but that's about 10 hours work or so for the various base-layers. Its not toooooo taxing, but its still time which is quite a luxury.

What are your thoughts? Keep it as it is? Go for a lighter shade?

If I do go with the stripping option, has anyone tried stripping Tamiya paints from plastic before? Really don't want to damage the models, but I'm not sure if the tried and tested break fluid for a few days option will cut it.

Cheers!

Nah dude, that's spot on!

Ultramarines are a completely different shade. Once you get some green eyes and badges going, you'll be golden. 

Agreed with Flint13; it's a fantastic color for Alpha Legion. Ultramarines are a more saturated blue than that, and with the silver like you have it I don't think there's any doubting they're Alphas.

Archived