+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Sorry everyone. I haven't forgot my vow. Work has been super busy and has sucked the painting will out of me. I'm trying to wrap up some non ETL stuff then I'm going to tear into my destroyer cadre. Can't let Psycho show me up

Sorry everyone. I haven't forgot my vow. Work has been super busy and has sucked the painting will out of me. I'm trying to wrap up some non ETL stuff then I'm going to tear into my destroyer cadre. Can't let Psycho show me up

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4277385/stifler-angry-o.gif

:P

Hrm....week three almost done and gone. Where does the time go?

Progressing on the vow mostly at the pace I expected and am finally done with all the prep work. Serves me right for working on other projects before the ETL instead of knuckling down and getting everything cleaned and primed. Should be on track to finish up in early July and get another vow in, putting me ahead of my combined painted total for ETL III and IV.

Biggest roadblock so far is that I want to put the tattoos on Lorgar but haven't the faintest idea yet how to do it in a way that will look good. Suppose I could skip that but the voices in my head say that would be a cop out.

^Ah, see I just cheated and painted Lorgar's skin golden ^_^

But there was a really cool tutorial for painting tattoos (I think it was on dnd figures) that I used to use for my Warriors of Chaos in WHFB. 

Gimme a sec and I think I can rustle it up. 

*EDIT* 

Ah, it was on Hasslefree minis, but same diff. 

http://magie-miniatures.blogspot.com/2014/10/step-by-step-fast-easy-tattoos.html

The technique for small little tattoos like this (and Lorgar's head) work kinda differently from something larger you'd see like on an ogre. Hope this helps.

Another little update. Metallics are done just need a wash and then some tidying up and weathering and there'll be my first model done for this year. For the MDRC too no less

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160603_215830_zpswm6yms4c.jpg

Tons of progress here everyone, I really wanted to make some individual comments but I really have to run. I have updated the first page, but as I'm in a hurry, please check your status is correctly shown! 

Will revert later with the weekly update! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Small update from me, because of building work going on at my house I've been forced due to health issues to live in our caravan outside. Basically the dust is causing a reaction in either my windpipe or lungs that causes them to constrict, which ain't nice.

So it will be at least another week before I can go back in and get working.

I wish I had Wolverine's regeneration, would make life so much easier....

Well as its the weekend and there's no post I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting to finish off the 3000 point vow.... So I did something stupid as its worth around 380 points from my 3rd vow but it won't count for anything now....

Brothers and sisters, if you could, may someone please let me know the pts value for a Contemptor with double volkite? Can't seem to find the entry in my black books, and plan on dusting this one off later today :)

Brothers and sisters, if you could, may someone please let me know the pts value for a Contemptor with double volkite? Can't seem to find the entry in my black books, and plan on dusting this one off later today :)

205 brother

I Capitano rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete my Death Guard Survivors from the Horus Heresy of total Value of 2670 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to The Loyalist Death Guard and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Consist of Garro and Librarian Consul for the HQ

Breacher Squa and Three Tactical Squads for Troop
Apothecarion Detachment, Terminator Squad and Veteran Squad for the Elites
Two Heavy Support Squads and Sicaran Battle Tank for the Heavy Support

cca76a05d5ad9d316d8b63b0ce7f63b1.jpg

f1e75fd39633e0191df854f583875652.jpg

dc40177c5206223618b01d3e12d2dfa4.jpg

0f3ba010cd1d6cba8a5c7b7e8abae250.jpg

approx 70 bodies plus the guys in the tank which would be about how many made it to Terra...

Fixed my point cost for the actual models haha

Archived