+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

I Pyroclast91 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete my Veteran Tactical Squad (the Helkytes) from HH Legions Astartes army list of total value 365 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the XVIII legion and all loyal fireborn sons of Vulkan and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

[url=http://postimage.org/app.php]

FOR VULKAN BROTHER!! The ranks of the XVIIIth legion swell, it makes my heart happy to see more and more sons of Nocturne.

On that note, my first vow is complete! Praetor and vet tactical squad all done! Another vow to come later. Enjoy the pictures below!

gallery_87472_11470_32887.jpg

More pics biggrin.png :

gallery_87472_11470_4088.jpg

gallery_87472_11470_32552.jpg

gallery_87472_11470_94149.jpg

gallery_87472_11470_58524.jpg

For the AoD!!!! Keep up the great work everyone!

@ Capitano: Welcome to ETL V! woot.gif Don't forget to edit your "before" pics in your original vow post! msn-wink.gif

@ WITCHKING501: Congratulations! I assume you'll give us a pic of the squad with the shoulder pads once they arrive! msn-wink.gif Look forward for your follow-up!

@ SalvationofReason: Those Havocs man... wow! thumbsup.gif

@ Sabadin: This is coming along nicely... Really, it looks very promising! Keep it up!

@ The God-Potato: Those WE are just great! And the choom-power looks the part! I love how those guys are blood-splattered despite turning their victims into ashes! biggrin.png

@ Guiltysparc: How do guys you do such a smooth white in such great surfaces is beyond me! Blue is awesome too! Great work man!

@ Pyroclast91: Welcome to ETL V! Good luck with those Sallies!

@ BlueBelly1863: Congratulations on your completion! They do look awesome in their black helmets! thumbsup.gif

The HH team is doing great - keep it up because this is a marathon - not a sprint! Well done guys!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ The God-Potato: Those WE are just great! And the choom-power looks the part! I love how those guys are blood-splattered despite turning their victims into ashes! biggrin.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just because you have a giant raygun, doesn't mean you can't claim some skulls if that part of the body still exists after your volley ^^

EDIT: VOW THE SECOND:

Lord Commander (blinged up) 180pts

Tactical Command Section with special weapons 90pts

30 Veletarii 345pts

Lasrifle section 100pts

Macrotek Enginseer with 4 Plasma Fusil automata

Primaris Lighting - Kraken Penetrators 235pts

Malcador Infernus 310pts

Stormlord 640pts

Vorax Automata 270pts

Total 2,170 points.

Question for the Lord Commander of the ETL - The lasrifle section I have now owned for 5 years, I started an initial silver layer back then but gave up. They've had a prime of purple then a brief attack of leadbelcher brush - am I ok to pledge them?

http://i.imgur.com/zwryKXQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iYvRiQh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5O9XKwS.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_60287.jpg

Volkite Culverin squad done. I don't do bases and not keen on cables for volkites.

gallery_93011_12043_141679.jpg

Almost done. Decided to not get too into weatheing. Prefer to have it looking like a well maintained warmachine circa Ullanor Crusade triumph. Fixed the upside down chest plates. Very tempted to get a second Warlord.

@ Guiltysparc: How do guys you do such a smooth white in such great surfaces is beyond me! Blue is awesome too! Great work man!

My white recipe is pretty simple, spray with corax white, wash with thinned nuln oil, drybrush with ceramite white, do a little more brush edge highlighting if needed.  The initial spray is the key, if i was trying to brush on the white base i would probably murder myself.

Small update for this evening since I've given the whole "1 hour per night thing a shot" and it's this cheeky chappy

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160606_173447_zpsef3dr5nu.jpg

Well, they are completed! My Executioner squadron is complete and ready to hit the table, purging the enemy in Alpharius' name.

Finished Predator Executioner Squadron

Vow One Complete! Now to figure out what I have that I can do for vow two, or if it might need to wait for another purchase...

Hm a WIP update on my second pledge now that I've got going!

gallery_84024_11617_225804.jpg

A new dread born, watched over my Flamestorm/Siege Drill with grav painted during last year's ETL challenge smile.png

//Nevindar

Time to do my second vow for the ETL and for the glory of the AoD!!

I pledge to paint one squad of cataphractii terminators in remembrance of all loyal sons of Vulkan who were lost on Istvaan V, and as a promise for retribution yet to be delivered to those that would turn their back on the Imperium!

Before Pic:

gallery_87472_11470_23779.jpg

Two of them have lightning claws, and one has a heavy flamer, for a total of 215 points. I know it's a small pledge, but I'd rather break it all up and ensure it gets completed! Lets keep the awesome momentum going everyone!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just because you have a giant raygun, doesn't mean you can't claim some skulls if that part of the body still exists after your volley ^^

EDIT: VOW THE SECOND:

Lord Commander (blinged up) 180pts

Tactical Command Section with special weapons 90pts

30 Veletarii 345pts

Lasrifle section 100pts

Macrotek Enginseer with 4 Plasma Fusil automata

Primaris Lighting - Kraken Penetrators 235pts

Malcador Infernus 310pts

Stormlord 640pts

Vorax Automata 270pts

Total 2,170 points.

Question for the Lord Commander of the ETL - The lasrifle section I have now owned for 5 years, I started an initial silver layer back then but gave up. They've had a prime of purple then a brief attack of leadbelcher brush - am I ok to pledge them?

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/zwryKXQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iYvRiQh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5O9XKwS.jpg

You are OK to pledge the infantry but the Macharious and the Lightning? I assume a full repaint from primer level because they look way in a too advanced stage for the ETL.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_93011_12043_60287.jpg

Volkite Culverin squad done. I don't do bases and not keen on cables for volkites.

Hidden Content

gallery_93011_12043_141679.jpg

Almost done. Decided to not get too into weatheing. Prefer to have it looking like a well maintained warmachine circa Ullanor Crusade triumph. Fixed the upside down chest plates. Very tempted to get a second Warlord.

Despite the total awesomeness of the Warlord, I have to say I really like the infantry too! Well done! If you do a second Warlord it'll break the awesome-o-meter! This looks totally awesome!

Finally managed to find a little time for some hobby.

I've finished my Fellblade!

Here's the pics:

Once I've painted 3 Rhinos I will hit my vow!

The points tally is 695pts.

Great progress Jud! Any particular problems putting it together? I recall there was some criticism on this kit when it first came out, don't know it is addressed by now...

Well, they are completed! My Executioner squadron is complete and ready to hit the table, purging the enemy in Alpharius' name.
Vow One Complete! Now to figure out what I have that I can do for vow two, or if it might need to wait for another purchase...

Congratulations Aias! A solid completion - Alpharius would be proud. And Omegon. tongue.png

Time to do my second vow for the ETL and for the glory of the AoD!!

I pledge to paint one squad of cataphractii terminators in remembrance of all loyal sons of Vulkan who were lost on Istvaan V, and as a promise for retribution yet to be delivered to those that would turn their back on the Imperium!

Before Pic:

Hidden Content

gallery_87472_11470_23779.jpg

Two of them have lightning claws, and one has a heavy flamer, for a total of 215 points. I know it's a small pledge, but I'd rather break it all up and ensure it gets completed! Lets keep the awesome momentum going everyone!

Excellent follow-up! Don't forget a completed 215pts vow is worth 215pts. And incomplete 3,000pts vow is worth zero! So play safe and ensure you'll compete it in time! smile.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_93011_12043_499384.jpg

gallery_93011_12043_152013.jpg

gallery_93011_12043_294411.jpg

Warlord Titan complete for me and so is vow 1. Note that the big arm pistons are done but wont be on he model as that causes issues with magnetising the arms.

Vow 2. No Idea on Points

2x Mortis Contemptor with dual Kheres Assault Cannons

1 Deredo with Missiles and twin linked autocannons

Leviathan with storm cannon and flux bombard

Leviathan with siege claw and siege drill

Cerastus Castigator Knight

Cerastus Acheron Knight

Warhound Titan with Plasma Blaster and Vulcan mega bolter

med_gallery_93011_12043_127357.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_276222.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_47753.jpg

Great progress Jud! Any particular problems putting it together? I recall there was some criticism on this kit when it first came out, don't know it is addressed by now...

I don't actually know!

I bought it off a friend for £50!

It came built so all I had to do was paint it.

Could you update my vow total?

It comes in at 695pts. 

Amazing stuff so far guys!

Also, I captainblow, slightly late to the party, vow to paint:

A 10man plasma support squad, with the sarge having artificer armour for 335 points.

And Lorgar, since I'm unsure if he'll look transfigured enough for only 375 points.

Total: 710 points

For the truth, and the glory of the AOD forum!

Before pic:

27524874695_599c2e0af8_z.jpg

@Demonl: Should come out to 2700 points

2x Mortis Contemptor with dual Kheres Assault Cannons: 180 points each

1 Deredo with Missiles and twin linked autocannons: 220 points

Leviathan with storm cannon and flux bombard: 300 points

Leviathan with siege claw and siege drill: 275 points

Cerastus Castigator Knight: 380 points

Cerastus Acheron Knight: 415 points

Warhound Titan with Plasma Blaster and Vulcan mega bolter: 750 points

Thanks mate. Too late to throw on a 10 man plasma gun support squad? Too? Does that hit the 3k?

Thanks mate. Too late to throw on a 10 man plasma gun support squad? Too? Does that hit the 3k?

It'll take you just over (3025)

Archived