+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Gah!

Against popular decision on here - I stripped the paint off the whole of my vow and started again. Got the majority of the force 75% done now, but I've done a test mini with all but weathering.

have to say I'm glad I did! I think it's turned out a much better shade for the Alpha legion. What do you think peeps?

med_gallery_92853_12010_581638.jpeg

med_gallery_92853_12010_114680.jpg

Should have half the force to this stage by this time tomorrow, and the rest done by next week... ish? then its just basing and weathering.

Might just be able to squeeze in a second vow if time is on my side.

Think it looks a lot better! Looking forward to seeing an entire force like this. Now...how did you get that blue?

Shamelessly copying Betrayer41's Alpha legion tongue.png

Did do a few things differently to be fair. But basically...

Basecoat Grey primer.

Full airbrushed coat of Gunmetal (Vallejo)

Zenthial coat of steel (Vallejo)

Zenthial Light coat of Eidolon Purple (Forgeworld)

Very light Full coat of Clear Blue (Tamiya)

Full watered down wash of Guilliman Blue glaze

Full wash of Vallejo's new black wash, lamian medium to thin it out.

I then used a cotton wool bud to polish the raised areas like the torso, and shoulder pads, to lighten the final wash.

Its pretty much step by step the same as Betrayer, except I went with a lighter coat of purple.

I noticed on his log that he's had issues getting a consistent colour on each mini, and especially on tanks. I can confirm, from my poor imitation, that it is maddeningly hard to do. To be fair though, I quite like the varied colour across the mini's.

Gah!

Against popular decision on here - I stripped the paint off the whole of my vow and started again. Got the majority of the force 75% done now, but I've done a test mini with all but weathering.

have to say I'm glad I did! I think it's turned out a much better shade for the Alpha legion. What do you think peeps?

med_gallery_92853_12010_581638.jpeg

med_gallery_92853_12010_114680.jpg

Should have half the force to this stage by this time tomorrow, and the rest done by next week... ish? then its just basing and weathering.

Might just be able to squeeze in a second vow if time is on my side.

Think it looks a lot better! Looking forward to seeing an entire force like this. Now...how did you get that blue?

Shamelessly copying Betrayer41's Alpha legion tongue.png

Did do a few things differently to be fair. But basically...

Basecoat Grey primer.

Full airbrushed coat of Gunmetal (Vallejo)

Zenthial coat of steel (Vallejo)

Zenthial Light coat of Eidolon Purple (Forgeworld)

Very light Full coat of Clear Blue (Tamiya)

Full watered down wash of Guilliman Blue glaze

Full wash of Vallejo's new black wash, lamian medium to thin it out.

I then used a cotton wool bud to polish the raised areas like the torso, and shoulder pads, to lighten the final wash.

Its pretty much step by step the same as Betrayer, except I went with a lighter coat of purple.

I noticed on his log that he's had issues getting a consistent colour on each mini, and especially on tanks. I can confirm, from my poor imitation, that it is maddeningly hard to do. To be fair though, I quite like the varied colour across the mini's.

I'm actually mighty tempted to do this for mine now....

Alright brothers... I spent 2 hours last night organizing my projects boxes and bags as I have stuff in too many places.

Felt like a massive accomplishment and now I feel like I can get started building dudes.

My Dremel will be coming out shortly to assist in the basing and pinning process.

I , BattleBrother John ,rise to the challenge of ETL V and vow to complete the Primarch Rogal Dorn for the total of 385 points on or before

August 15th 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion , failure will doom me to wearing the badge of Oathbreaker until years end.

Quick question to Semper: do I understand correctly from this post that we can vow Third Party miniatures as special characters in the ETL?

@ The God-Potato: Those WE are just great! And the choom-power looks the part! I love how those guys are blood-splattered despite turning their victims into ashes! biggrin.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just because you have a giant raygun, doesn't mean you can't claim some skulls if that part of the body still exists after your volley ^^

EDIT: VOW THE SECOND:

Lord Commander (blinged up) 180pts

Tactical Command Section with special weapons 90pts

30 Veletarii 345pts

Lasrifle section 100pts

Macrotek Enginseer with 4 Plasma Fusil automata

Primaris Lighting - Kraken Penetrators 235pts

Malcador Infernus 310pts

Stormlord 640pts

Vorax Automata 270pts

Total 2,170 points.

Question for the Lord Commander of the ETL - The lasrifle section I have now owned for 5 years, I started an initial silver layer back then but gave up. They've had a prime of purple then a brief attack of leadbelcher brush - am I ok to pledge them?

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/zwryKXQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iYvRiQh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5O9XKwS.jpg

You are OK to pledge the infantry but the Macharious and the Lightning? I assume a full repaint from primer level because they look way in a too advanced stage for the ETL.

As with my World Eaters I prime straight from the sprue. So the weapons and engine parts got sprayed landowner and AP Daemon yellow.The camo is also just primer, I spray AP Alien Purple then wrap a bit of cellotape and spray Chaos black. So the model has only been primed, no brushes have ever touched them.

I dunno if cellotape disqualifies it somehow though I'll leave it to you, I should hopefully have some pics I can post when I return from Croatia.

It's not a matter of cellotape, it's that the models been worked on to a stage above undercoat. It has an elaborate camouflage pattern. That said, I can still allow them at a 30% penalty. Deal?

Second vow!

I vow to paint and complete 6 Scimitar Jetbikes with two Multi-meltas and Melta Bombs! (290 pts)

Also super sorry I literally just based them 30 minutes ago sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/Gettleburger/IMG_20160611_151535_zpszqnf1fnp.jpg

Why are you sorry? Also I really dig the Scimitars! Great choice there! :tu:

I, Semper Fortis, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:

One 10 man heavy support squad for 335 points

- Sgt with legion vox, chainsword, and combiweapon (melta)

- 9 Astartes with Volkite culverin

One Rapier Laser Destroyer for 55 points

for a total cost of 390 points on or before August 15, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dorn and to the VIIth Legion. Failure will doom me to wear the badge of Oathbreaker until year's end.

And please, somebody check my math. I only have Book One to work with right now.

Welcome and good luck Semper Fortis! Don't forget to edit the "before" pics of your units into your original post.

I, the trashiest of the obergines do pledge:

6x Thallax with 2x Phased Plasma Fusils and 6x Chainblades-- 305 points

6x Thallax with 2x Multi-Melta and 6x Chainblades-- 315 points

Total = 620 points

Thallax galore! :yes:

I , BattleBrother John ,rise to the challenge of ETL V and vow to complete the Primarch Rogal Dorn for the total of 385 points on or before

August 15th 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion , failure will doom me to wearing the badge of Oathbreaker until years end.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/john123418/a5531b48-7eba-433c-b7b0-7787826ed20f.jpg

Hi BattleBrotherJohn! I look forward to see your take on Dorn! However given the general complexity and size of the FW models could you PM me a pic with a normal Marine for scale purposes?

Thanks and good luck!

Captain, it looks like 500 points according to Battlescribe if I go for the following options:

Veteran Tactical Squad: Veteran Sergeant with power weapon, 9 x veterans, one with flamer one with heavy bolter. Also Legion vexilla.

Veteran Tactical Squad: Veteran Sergeant with power weapon, 9 x veterans, one with melta gun, one with missile launcher. Also legion vexilla.

I believe all that to be correct and legal, but I am less familiar currently with the rules in LACAL than I am with the 40k stuff... if anyone can correct me please do.

Edited to swap a melta for a missile launcher and points revised up to 500

OK, 500pts it is. :tu:

I, The Observer, vow the following units:

1x Perturabo, Sire of the Iron Warriors(455p) with Forgebreaker(35p) = 490 Points

1x Angron, Sire of the World Eaters = 400 Points

1x Centurion(50p) with the Primus Medicae Upgrade(35p), Artificier Armour(10p) and a Refractor Field(10p) = 105 Points

1x Centurion(50p) with the Herald Upgrade(40p) and Artificier Armour(10p) = 100 Points

1x Legion Tactical Squad(150p) with a Nuncio Vox(10p) and the Sergeant armed with a Combi-Weapon(10p) and Artificier Armour(10p) = 180 Points

1x Legion Veteran Squad(125p) with a Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web(20p) and a Sergeant with a Power Fist(15p), Artificier Armour(10p) and a Plasma Pistol(15p) = 185 Points

1x Legion Command Squad(100p) with Two(2) additional marines(40p), combat shield for each of the five(25p) and 3 Powerweapons(30p) = 195 Points

and a Out-Of-Competition-Entry: a half squad of Assault Marines(No points as it does not count).

All in all: 1655 Points!

A note on the Command Squad: There is no actual Banner in that squad as ordained by the LACAL entry. I have instead opted out to give them Breacher Shields (Which also serve for all purposes of Combat Shields), which will sport the livery of the Iron Warrior Legion and Horus himself. There is also a Melta armed Astartes in that squad, he serves as the banner bearer for all game purposes and the Melta has not been listed in any points related manner as a command squad cannot take such guns.

That's totally fine Observer - it doesn't have to be a banner per se - if you single-out one member of the squad through distinctive painting for example it's good enough!

sml_gallery_48561_11918_165657.jpg

Vow complete. Will still complete the scenic base before looking at additional vows though.

BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't praise this enough... Congratulations man!

Out of positive upvotes again. Absolutely phenominal and inspirational work in this topic! If I'm not careful I'm going to want to start painting Imperial Fists or Ultramarines...

Vow 1 - urban camoflauged Raven Guard Master of Signals - complete. My apologies for the medicore photo, but due to the weather I can't photo outside as I normally would.

And on to vow 2!

I pledge one Shattered Xth Legion Forge Lord at 120pts.

Axe, graviton gun, volkite serpenta.

Congratulations on your completion - and your follow-up! Keep going!

I, Der H, vow One Legion Praetor (artificer, iron Halo, sonic shrieker, digi lasers, meltabombs, mastercrafted lightingclaw and paragon blade = 210pts), Legion command squad (standard + 3 chosen, 4x combat shields, melta bombs, 3x power weapon (lances) = 195pts) and a palatine Blade squad (prefector +4 warriors, power swords, jump packs, sonic shriekers = 225pts) to a total of 630 points.

Excellent idea on the jump-packs! :woot: I used the Sanguine Guard ones - but yours look so much more interesting! Let's see some paint on them!

I, Kraigallach the newb, vow for the ETL and the honour of the Warmaster, to complete the following:

*snip*

For a grand total of just over 3000pts

First post should be a trial by fire methinks

Welcome to the ETL and the B&C! Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions. This is quite a vow you've made there - so there is a lot of expectation! Good luck!

@ Robzilla: It was a great bet that paid off big time. That metallic hue is top notch! Well done sir!

@ Iron Bars: Great looking Raptor! How was it putting it together? I've seen some very... cautious reviews on the matter. These have put me off to acquire one for far as I'm not so much a modeller as I'm a painter... What's your opinion?

@ Ninjaman: Very clean and very intimidating Titan there! This is turning out to be spectacular model - can't wait to see it done (that masking tape seems very promising)! :D

Great looking stuff! The blue glow is excellently done! Will you be re-filling?

Quick question to Semper: do I understand correctly from this post that we can vow Third Party miniatures as special characters in the ETL?

This is straight from the rules. I hope it answers the questions but feel free to PM me to discuss further.

Special Characters and “count-as” Special Characters

Special Characters are kind of a problem for ETL. They usually cost more than normal characters of similar stature due to their special rules or stats – both of which have no bearing in the ETL. However, such Characters exist in all factions so the effect is averaged out while the extra detail on the miniatures themselves ensures the effort to paint them is worth the premium. But what about Special Characters that do not have an official miniature out or what if participants want to make their own version of a Special Character that may already have an official miniature out?

In that case we expect people to play in the spirit of the ETL and do the extra effort to present a miniature that will unmistakeably represent the Special Character in question. Kit-bash/convert the mini to the best of your ability not only with the correct loadout but with the extra attention that will make them stand out as true heroes of the faction. You also need to comply with the “irregularities” that certain Special Characters have. For example, a DIY Azrael is expected to have the Watcher (apart from a combi-plasma and a cool sword) and Redmaw must have both the Werewolf and the “normal” version… If in doubt, feel free to raise the issue with me before you commit.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I , Cadmus Tyro, rise to the challenge of ETL V and vow to complete a Spartan Assault Tank for the total of 295 points on or before August 15th 2016. Success will bring redemption to the Iron Xth, failure is not an option......

gallery_87021_11487_380710.jpg

First time participating in the ETL, wish me luck brothers....

Well... Week 4 update here. I'm honestly not all that happy with the Contemptor. I don't know why... the Plasma Gunners are coming along decently. I'm not too sure how I should weather the trim. I've added some Agrax Earthshade, but I don't know if it conveys well. Any input on anything would be terrific.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/Mobile%20Uploads/20160614_111841_001_zpsunqgghvn.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/Mobile%20Uploads/20160614_111934_zpskw97tvav.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/Mobile%20Uploads/20160614_111957_zpsdfdgwuxh.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/Mobile%20Uploads/20160614_112024_zpspqbp77ec.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

ONLY 24HRS REMAINING TO JOIN!

TOMORROW THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

SO MAKE HASTE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF YOUR FACTION NOW!

I, Reyner, pledge the following for my first vow:

• Roboute Guilliman
  • Praetor with power fist, paragon blade and iron halo
  • 5 Suzerain with 1 plasma pistol
  • 1 Veletaris Storm Section with Nuncio Vox and Power Fist

For the total value of 925 points!

gallery_26119_10639_828616.jpg

I LameBeard, after years of lurking and being in awe of you guys and gals, answer the call of ETL V. I pledge one legion consul (chaplain) for c 100 points. Success will bring a modicum of glory to the 12th and failure will bring opprobrium, shame and the badge of oath breaker until year end.

World Eater

EDIT: now with picture

@Captain Semper - will post picture of heads later - still haven't chosen!

@Everyone else - what do you think about loadout? I've got to paint those little skulls and the trim, so 'counts as' Artificer Armour ok? Chainaxe just 'counts as' the power weapon? Refractor field and meltabombs seem popular, but not sure I have room for melta and not sure how people are modelling refractor fields?

Alright, Vow 2 !!!

Knight Atrapos, Delthak Inviolate - 435 pts, +Occular Augmetics: total 445 pts

Legion Breacher Squad - 225 pts base. Melta Bombs +50 pts, x2 Flamers +20 pts
                                                  Sgt - +10 AA
                                                  Total - 305 pts

'Counts-as'  Kyr Vhalen - 195 pts

I, Alkaline, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a 20 man tactical squad with vexilla and nuncio vox and a typhon heavy siege tank from the seventh legion, the Imperial Fists, of total value of 640pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Emperor and Rogal Dorn, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. (points values from HH I: Betrayal)

Rsz Img 1238

New "before" pictures. Thought these models were ready to go, but upon closer inspection they needed more cleanup because they were such poor quality casts from forge world...
Wasn't happy with my previous primer job either, and stripped all of them. (Never again will I strip lacquer based primer! Epic misery!)

Img 1724

Img 1736

Img 1731

Img 1726

Painting these in subassembly fashion, because airbrushing all the nooks and crannies of MKii armor is tricky. So everything is mounted on florist wire.

@ Iron Bars: Great looking Raptor! How was it putting it together? I've seen some very... cautious reviews on the matter. These have put me off to acquire one for far as I'm not so much a modeller as I'm a painter... What's your opinion? 

Well lets just say its not a beginner model. It has had a fair few passes with the hairdryer before it had some greenstuff applied to it. In the end its worth it because its a beautiful model. Just not for the faint of heart.

I , Cadmus Tyro, rise to the challenge of ETL V and vow to complete a Spartan Assault Tank for the total of 295 points on or before August 15th 2016. Success will bring redemption to the Iron Xth, failure is not an option......

Hidden Content

gallery_87021_11487_380710.jpg

First time participating in the ETL, wish me luck brothers....

Good luck then! Good to see you taking the big step to join - and with a big item no less! Go for it!

I, Reyner, pledge the following for my first vow:

• Roboute Guilliman
  • Praetor with power fist, paragon blade and iron halo
  • 5 Suzerain with 1 plasma pistol
  • 1 Veletaris Storm Section with Nuncio Vox and Power Fist

For the total value of 925 points!

Hidden Content

gallery_26119_10639_828616.jpg

Go Ultramarines! :tu: When they come, they come in strength! :lol:

I LameBeard, after years of lurking and being in awe of you guys and gals, answer the call of ETL V. I pledge one legion consul (chaplain) for c 100 points. Success will bring a modicum of glory to the 12th and failure will bring opprobrium, shame and the badge of oath breaker until year end.

@Captain Semper - will edit in pics when on the desktop, no idea how to do it on phone, but there is a pic in my post on the BaC conversion thread.

Welcome to the ETL and the B&C LameBeard - we look forward for your stuff! Post the pics here when you get the chance (no worries - the vow is now in and is binding :devil: ). Also calculate to exact points (depending on load out and update the vow accordingly. Just let me know when you do - I have no way of knowing unless you tell me! ;)

Alright, Vow 2 !!!

Knight Atrapos, Delthak Inviolate - 435 pts, +Occular Augmetics: total 445 pts
Legion Breacher Squad - 225 pts base. Melta Bombs +50 pts, x2 Flamers +20 pts
Sgt - +10 AA
Total - 305 pts
'Counts-as' Kyr Vhalen - 195 pts
Total - 945 pts

As it stands, I have the Knight (mostly) together, 4 Breachers, and Vhalen mostly assembled!

Big second vow Salvation, I see you're keeping the stakes high! Good luck mate!

I, Alkaline, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a 20 man tactical squad with vexilla and nuncio vox and a typhon heavy siege tank from the seventh legion, the Imperial Fists, of total value of 640pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Emperor and Rogal Dorn, while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. (points values from HH I: Betrayal)

Welcome to the ETL and the B&C Alkaline! It is very rewarding for me to see people joining the B&C to enter the ETL! Don't forget to edit your initial vow with the "before" pics

Well lets just say its not a beginner model. It has had a fair few passes with the hairdryer before it had some greenstuff applied to it. In the end its worth it because its a beautiful model. Just not for the faint of heart.

I thought so... Oh weill, I'll leave it for a time that I feel brave (or have nothing to lose :P).

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

2 HOURS REMAINING TO JOIN!

IN JUST 2 HOURS THE DOORS OF ETL V WILL CLOSE FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

SO MAKE HASTE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF YOUR FACTION NOW!

So I wake up this morning all nice and relaxed thinking "hey today is gonna be a relaxin day, why don't I check the B&C" and then I see that I have 20 minutes to get my vow in..... To say the least I was stressed like hell.

I , ThatOneMarshal, rise to the challenge of ETL V and vow to complete the Contemptor Dreadnought with a Kheres Assualt Cannon for 190 points on or before August 15th 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the AOD failure will doom me to wearing the badge of Oathbreaker until years end.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b582/armaansodhi69/Mobile%20Uploads/BCBFAC1C-D254-4795-9B61-F0B8B4F178FD_zps02ixsw6j.jpg

I IronBars revow to the ETL the following to be finished on or before the 15th of august 2016:

5 destroyer marines of the ultramarine legion with jumppacks, meltaboms and 1 missilelauncher 275pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/14/807228_sm-.jpg

1 blackshield reaver lord with haloblade artificerarmour, iron halo, cyber familiar rad granades and meltabombs and a jump pack 240 pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/14/807229_sm-.jpg

5 tactical support marines with volkite calivers and sergeant with meltabomb 130pts

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/6/14/807230_sm-.jpg

Total 645points

Archived