+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Dimly lit and slick with oil and grime, the Lodge aboard the Dominance of Will fit very well with the rest of the ship. Kortuss Zhek, the vessel's Lodge Master, stood sentinel as his charges entered. The news of the IVth's allegiance to Horus in the coming war had filtered slowly through the ranks, and this meeting of lodge members was sure to be a lively one.

Shouting down several dissenting voices, Zhek wove a tapestry of vitriol and anger against the Emperor and those loyal to his throne, justifying Perturabo and the Legion's decision to side with Horus. Slowly, the dissenters were silenced, each retaking their seats or simply keeping their opinions to themselves. It was clear at this point that to leave the lodge or to take a stand against this decision was to stand against the Primarch and so choose death. The room quietened. By Zhek's estimation, almost all of the legionaries aboard were present.

It was a shock, therefore, when the side wall of the lodge exploded inward. It took several seconds for the heat-haze in the room to dissipate from Zhek's vision, but when it did, he realised he was lying prone behind his pulpit. Glancing around, he saw bodies littering the space in front of him. Few of the Legionaries had been armoured, and fewer still were armed. Those few had little more than bolt pistols and blades. It would not be enough.

Zhek felt the bile of fear eating at the back of his throat as the silhouette of a Contemptor Dreadnought chassis appeared in the cavity where the wall had been collapsed. The unmistakable glow of a cooling Conversion beamer cast a sickly light into the room. As it strode toward him, Zhek reached out a hand toward the behemoth, and cried out 'Brother, please!"

A deep, rumbling retort greeted him as the Dreadnought's chainfist gripped his torso.

"How can you call me brother... when I find no iron within you?"

Nyrek Sturm, dead and reborn as something greater than the Legionary he had been, activated his chainfist and cut the traitor in half. It would be a long time before he would be able to sleep again, but he was grateful to the Techmarine for waking him. There was no honour in oath-breakers. All of them would die by his hand.

And here's my vow 1 completed...

gallery_67188_8872_115000.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_141137.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_72430.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_66085.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_119539.jpg

Well. Everything is done, except the Knight, which I'm saying is finished. I'm saying it's finished because, thanks to some clumsiness on my part, my few limited edition House Griffith transfers (which are rare as hen's teeth) and Knight transfer sheet ended up covered in Micro Sol, which they did not respond well to. I have had it up to my ears with transfers, and so I'm saying it's done and I'm going to leave it until I'm less frustrated about the whole stupid idea, which will probably be in several month's time, when I've sourced some more House Griffith transfers. I hope that's OK Cap. Semps.

Hidden Content

Second vow:

Alpharius - 415

Land Raider Proteus w/ Explorator Augury Web - 250

Hidden Content

med_gallery_40963_11999_758022.jpeg

OK, an Alpharius. What miniature is this? Or is it kit-bash? In any case you have quite a job to do to! Good luck!

True-scale kitbash using greenstuff and....10? ish? different kits. He's WYSIWYG, rest assured.

Oh, I AM sure... Keep going civ! ;)

Dimly lit and slick with oil and grime, the Lodge aboard the Dominance of Will fit very well with the rest of the ship. Kortuss Zhek, the vessel's Lodge Master, stood sentinel as his charges entered. The news of the IVth's allegiance to Horus in the coming war had filtered slowly through the ranks, and this meeting of lodge members was sure to be a lively one.

Shouting down several dissenting voices, Zhek wove a tapestry of vitriol and anger against the Emperor and those loyal to his throne, justifying Perturabo and the Legion's decision to side with Horus. Slowly, the dissenters were silenced, each retaking their seats or simply keeping their opinions to themselves. It was clear at this point that to leave the lodge or to take a stand against this decision was to stand against the Primarch and so choose death. The room quietened. By Zhek's estimation, almost all of the legionaries aboard were present.

It was a shock, therefore, when the side wall of the lodge exploded inward. It took several seconds for the heat-haze in the room to dissipate from Zhek's vision, but when it did, he realised he was lying prone behind his pulpit. Glancing around, he saw bodies littering the space in front of him. Few of the Legionaries had been armoured, and fewer still were armed. Those few had little more than bolt pistols and blades. It would not be enough.

Zhek felt the bile of fear eating at the back of his throat as the silhouette of a Contemptor Dreadnought chassis appeared in the cavity where the wall had been collapsed. The unmistakable glow of a cooling Conversion beamer cast a sickly light into the room. As it strode toward him, Zhek reached out a hand toward the behemoth, and cried out 'Brother, please!"

A deep, rumbling retort greeted him as the Dreadnought's chainfist gripped his torso.

"How can you call me brother... when I find no iron within you?"

Nyrek Sturm, dead and reborn as something greater than the Legionary he had been, activated his chainfist and cut the traitor in half. It would be a long time before he would be able to sleep again, but he was grateful to the Techmarine for waking him. There was no honour in oath-breakers. All of them would die by his hand.

And here's my vow 1 completed...

Hidden Content

gallery_67188_8872_115000.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_141137.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_72430.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_66085.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_119539.jpg

Well. Everything is done, except the Knight, which I'm saying is finished. I'm saying it's finished because, thanks to some clumsiness on my part, my few limited edition House Griffith transfers (which are rare as hen's teeth) and Knight transfer sheet ended up covered in Micro Sol, which they did not respond well to. I have had it up to my ears with transfers, and so I'm saying it's done and I'm going to leave it until I'm less frustrated about the whole stupid idea, which will probably be in several month's time, when I've sourced some more House Griffith transfers. I hope that's OK Cap. Semps.

Well, I don't know where to start... This is totally amazing work star - all of it! Love the Dread - although not one of my favourite models it just shows what can be done with inspired painting! As regards the Knight, It's totally fine - you are the only judge of when you're calling it finished. The decals can be a pain - what can I say... But even without them this beast looks amazing! Besides he's got most of them on anyway. :) Congratulations man!

Sucks to follow that guy...

Anyway, my first vow is complete! biggrin.png Keep up the great work guys!

Hidden Content

gallery_85395_12005_118419.jpggallery_85395_12005_467647.jpggallery_85395_12005_1354704.jpg

Wow! The are awesome WBs man - really like the drop pods too. A lot of effort goes on those - and although they are not very points-effective for the ETL, they are very points' effective on the tabletop! Now let's talk about those Thallaxes (sp?)! I think they look perfect! Very mechanical with all that exposed metallic surfaces and very 40k with that AWESOME purple! Congratulations! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Kizzdougs rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Phoenix Terminator squad from The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List of a total value of 265pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Emperor's chosen Legion, the Glorious III. Success is my only censored.gif option, failures not.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4448_zpsu6hidbvn.jpg

Awesome work everyone! Keep those completions rolling in :tu:

Finally got the Suzerains finished. Will post the pic once photobucket finally let's me upload but I can now paint ANYTHING. Hated painting them with all that gorgeous detail. Was a real slog. Thankfully that torment is now passed so can power through the remains of my vow

Edit: pics now included

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160620_142954_zpsrpqiheaz.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160620_142949_zps6exdqcrv.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160620_142936_zpscv4naswf.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20160620_142930_zps76xxpdcp.jpg

Vow 2 is done.

gallery_80005_11900_28248.jpg

2 Quad launchers with shatter shells, a librarian consul on bike and a squad of militia grenadiers with a vexilla all done.

gallery_80005_11900_50431.jpg

In the very back a foot mounted librarian, 2 knights errant, a centurion on bike, Shadrak with a legion command squad and some militia grenadiers with a vexilla at the front.

So, thats 1265pts painted.

Will post up a vow 3 once I decide what in particular I want to do for it.

Second vow:

Alpharius - 415

Hidden Content

Can we get a close-up of that converted Alpharius? (Now we know how the HH is getting all those easy points! tongue.pngmsn-wink.gif ) BTW :There's awesome 3d party Alpharius miniatures out there. smile.pngthumbsup.gif

Second vow:

Alpharius - 415

Hidden Content

Can we get a close-up of that converted Alpharius? (Now we know how the HH is getting all those easy points! tongue.pngmsn-wink.gif ) BTW :There's awesome 3d party Alpharius miniatures out there. smile.pngthumbsup.gif

A lovely miniature...which is also not WYSIWYG tongue.png As if we'd fall for that... teehee.gif

giphy.gif

gallery_80005_11900_9857.jpg

I MindOfMetal rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Knight Atrapos, a Navigator with cyber familiar, a centurion with combi melta/chainfist, a militia Force Commander, a heavy support squad with missile launchers and three out of competition assassin operatives with a total value of 824pts on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Tenth and their allies.

The assassin cost is not included in the 824pts-just waiting for eventual rules in 30k for them.

Vow complete.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3705_zpsu7wyyqev.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3707_zpsotmeekbg.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3706_zpsntsqmxzp.jpg

Week 5 ETL Update:

Hail, Bearers of the True Word. I bring you updates to my vow... albeit, still not complete. So unfortunately, I've had a hectic week. It's the last week of school for my kids, then they go to Texas with their mother for the summer... so I've been trying to get as much time with them as I can before they leave. This means my Plasma Gunners and Contemptor are still not finished, BUT... they're just about there. I did a fair amount in a week's time, including the skin tone on those without helms, and also the Iconography on the pauldrons, which I'm really pleased with. I wanted the flame to look metallic, yet show the color of fire (as is usually represented in Word Bearers iconography, that is). These will be completed by next Sunday, then I'll move on to the rest.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160621_233214_zpslavmjks0.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160621_233228_zpsyjelqhxb.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160621_233415_zpshogj6os4.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160621_233303_zpssxzjmj5r.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160621_233342_zpskogzov4z.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160621_233309_zpsenwqdtsi.jpg

I realized that I haven't posted any updates, so here is a glimpse of my vow as it is now:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/Ramell_of_Cadia/Horus%20Heresy/XIII%20Legio%20Ultramarines/Work%20In%20Progress/ETL%20WIP%2022-06-16.jpg

There's still plenty left to do, but I am making good progress. 

Small update from the Ashen Brigade in terms of my second vow. Have most of the basic colors down on these guys, but there's something about them that is making me dissatisfied.

gallery_87472_11470_52605.jpg

Any C&C would be very much appreciated over on my WIP thread (lunk in my bio). They're still at a very very early stage of painting, without any detail work, shading, or highlighting done, but I'm not happy nonetheless.

Hope everyone keeps up the great work!! Gotta keep up our momentum into the month of July so we can claim victory for the AoD!!

Second vow:

Alpharius - 415

Hidden Content

Sure can. Here's his WIP, too.

med_gallery_40963_11999_589616.jpeg

I removed a tabard (didn't care for it, may add a leather strip style one later). He's done true-scale, and really came about because I kept seeing bits I could use while wanting an Alpharius.

As for Kabuki...I'm aware of the model, but my inner fluff bunny decries what I term "overly snakey BS" on Alpha Legion models. In numerous books is Alpharius described as wearing standard armor, and nothing screams "HEY GUY YOU'RE FIGHTING THE ALPHA LEGION" like crazy snakes everywhere. I leave the unhealthy worship of animals to the Wolves.

Is that one of those awesome third-party cataphractii shoulder pads I spy there? Either way, loving the scheme on your Iron Warriors; the bronze is perfect.

Is that one of those awesome third-party cataphractii shoulder pads I spy there? Either way, loving the scheme on your Iron Warriors; the bronze is perfect.

Thanks man, the shoulder pads are the FW ones biggrin.png

Archived