+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Have hit the wall hard.. Had 10 guys undercoated and a dread staring at me for 3 weeks or so now.. Must force myself to get painting!

You can do it!

My own Vow hardly moved at all untill earlier this week, now I'm looking at finishing ½-ish of my Vow over the weekend!

Vow #2!

I, Zujara, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Moritat with Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, 2 Volkite Serpentas

Primus Medicae with Artificier Armour

Centurion with Jump Pack, Bolter, Melta Bombs, Power Axe

5 man Legion Recon squad all with Combat Knives, Melta bombs

Contemptor Dreadnought with Chainfist, Graviton Gun, Plasma Blaster (As well as a Graviton arm and a Plasma Cannon, but only counting the most expensive loadout)

Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod

5 man Legion Destroyer Squad with Jump Packs, 1 Rad Missle Launcher, Sergeant with Artificier Armour, Power Axe

1 Graviton Cannon Rapier

for a total value of 1097 points. Success will bring eternal glory to the XIX legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Raven%20Guard/etlvv2_zpsu8sfl4xy.jpg

Have hit the wall hard.. Had 10 guys undercoated and a dread staring at me for 3 weeks or so now.. Must force myself to get painting!

You can do it!

My own Vow hardly moved at all untill earlier this week, now I'm looking at finishing ½-ish of my Vow over the weekend!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/pompeyladbfp/Horus%20Heresy/temporary_zpsxjkozlmu.jpg

More progress slow though it is

med_gallery_92760_11494_845837.jpeg

Vow 1 part 3 of 4 Forge Lord completed, just need to finish the missile launcher heavy support squad now and that will be Vow 1 complete. Hopefully this week.

Cheers

Vogon.

I've been plugging away with the dreadnaught, quite liked the modelling and the painting of this beastie! I could seriously go for a Fury of the Ancients list, as it'd be something I might actually get painted....

http://i66.tinypic.com/35aopw1.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/105e0yp.jpg

I will probably add some weathering in due course, might try a bit of freehand on the scroll, but for the time being I think I'll call him done!!

The ETL pledge would be looking good, however I've decided to re-do the purple on the Sicaran (which was virtually complete), so there will be that and then the Xiphon!!

http://i65.tinypic.com/ipv0qe.jpg - still, I think it was worth the redo!!

Guiltysparc: Those vehicles look fanastic, I really like the blue

Iron Bars: Good start to vow 2! Can never have too many volkites, nice glowing orange on them

pompeyladbfp: Great looking contemptor, do your best to keep progressing to get over that wall!

Vogon: Wicked conversion, and nice to see you close to completion!

Lord Commander Eidolon: That purple looks really good! Always worth redoing a paint job if it makes you happier with your army in the end

Keep those WiP and completions coming! With my 3k vow done now I am going to try to comment on everyone's work from this point on.

Thanks Zujara and Guiltysparc, I'd had that particular conversion in mind for ages and finally got it done.

As it happened the missus and I decided to have a bit of a hobby day so I completed the Heavy Support squad.

med_gallery_92760_11494_1216011.jpeg

And with that Vow Complete.

med_gallery_92760_11494_262858.jpeg

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make a second vow as I want to work on some AoS stuff in time for the global but I have at least completed this Vow.

Cheers

Vogon.

Ugh... so many family issues and work things have interrupted my modeling and hobby time. RL kind of sticking it to me recently. 

I hope to be able to sit down this eve after the wife goes to bed and get some stuff done-

I vow to get my dudes GS'd to their bases this eve!!

Leviathan dread with phosphex, grav bombard and drill = 315 points

It's all about completing those vows, lads! If we just make good on the vows we've already made, we got this in the bag! I dunno about you, but I really don't want to lose this at the last minute two years in a row.

Even I'm making progress and working hard to get my vow done.

http://i.imgur.com/Ye45PIS.png

I've got 9 days off coming up, and only half of that will be spent vacationing, so I believe I will be taking a sizeable bite out of my Reaver vow, if anyone's wondered if I gave up on that or not. The heavy lifting is complete with the plates being done. Picking out the details will be time consuming, but washing should be a breeze. I will not fail you guys/gals :)

Week 6 ETL Update:

By the gods, I've finished an entire squad in a week! I can't believe it... With this guys, I tried out a new grey recipe, it's metallic (although it's not as easy to see in the pics) and grungy, as it should be. So with these guys done, I have 3 more Support Squads to complete, and I need your help deciding which should be next: Volkite Caliver, Melta Gun, or Heavy Bolter. I'll see what everyone says by tomorrow afternoon and go from there. So here you go, my completed Volkite Culverin Heavy Support Squad.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160704_005159_zps8pkwycbt.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160704_005228_zpsnwbbmwq2.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/DuskRaiderXIV/20160704_005322_zpsjc5bbqws.jpg

(I just realized I never detailed the pauldron damage on Mk. III helm guy, doh!)

Come on team heresy! I know we can pull this one out of the bag!

I'm so close to completion but I'm playing it smart. There's no pint losing 5000+ points for a third vow.

I know I won't get forum champion but at least I can wait until next etl!

So let's take the crown the guts and all the glory from chaos and those little pup's in the Aett

Spartan is finished! Fun model to build and paint, pretty happy with how she turned out. I also put a couple decals on the Javelin. These two are finished, so i just have one more javelin for my ETL vow.

Hidden Content

gallery_92768_11638_36738.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_58108.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_119.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_304.jpg

gallery_92768_11638_14669.jpg

This is very, very impressive quality - love the way you treat white! Now just another Javelin to call the vow complete, correct?

Thanks Zujara and Guiltysparc, I'd had that particular conversion in mind for ages and finally got it done.

As it happened the missus and I decided to have a bit of a hobby day so I completed the Heavy Support squad.

Hidden Content

med_gallery_92760_11494_1216011.jpeg

And with that Vow Complete.

med_gallery_92760_11494_262858.jpeg

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make a second vow as I want to work on some AoS stuff in time for the global but I have at least completed this Vow.

Cheers

Vogon.

Congratulations Vogon, a gret vow indeed and a very unique shade there for your SoHs! Bravo!

Ugh... so many family issues and work things have interrupted my modeling and hobby time. RL kind of sticking it to me recently.

I hope to be able to sit down this eve after the wife goes to bed and get some stuff done-

I vow to get my dudes GS'd to their bases this eve!!

Leviathan dread with phosphex, grav bombard and drill = 315 points

Ok, now everything is in order! geek.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

To celebrate our country giving some pesky troublemakers a small strip of land overseas after we got bored off it ☺ I will be finishing up my Mor daythn squad this evening. I may have a cup of tea and a scone to celebrate

EDIT: please note the above statement is a joke about independence day to make my brothers from America smile and is not a political statement. NO OFFENCE INTENDED.

right just got in from work... Let's get painting!

gallery_80005_11900_32401.jpg

Vow three is done.

Thats one cataphractii centurion, one navigator, one force commander, 5 man heavy support squad with missile launchers, a knight Atrapos and 3 out of competition clade assassins.

Now just need to think about vow 4.

gallery_80005_11900_8527.jpg

I, MindOfMetal, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

4 Myrmidon Destructors with photon thruster cannons
3 Myrmidon Destructors with conversion beamers
4 Myrmidon Destructors with volkite culverins
An archmagos Myrmidax with archeotech pistol, rad grenades, cyber familiar, paragon blade, machinator array, rad-furnace, photon thruster and abeyant
A magos Ordinator with power fist, cyber familiar and photon thruster
An arlatax with arc scourge
A praetor in tartaros armour with master crafted paragon blade, iron halo, cyber familiar and digital lasers
And Ferrus Manus

for a total value of 2150 points. Success will bring eternal glory to the Xth legion and their Mechanicum allies and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end

Archived