VOW #3 COMPLETE!

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/5/818422_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/5/818412_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/5/818420_md-.JPG

And, although it's risky, I'm going in for a small final vow:

VOW #4:

5 Seekers for 155 points

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/5/818411_md-.JPG

Good luck to everyone else with completing vows!

Guys remember completion is key don't push the re vows! We've had some completions which is great but we're still tied up with first vows....

If we lose this etl it's not due to the quality if our forum it's due to the percentage of those completions. Please try your hardest to finish excuses can only be tolerated for so long!

3 months should give sufficient time but in saying that don't post anything your not happy with.

Chaos can't be allowed to win for a third year

Man, don't just throw pics like that, have some text accompany it...  Is that a completion of a unit? is it a completion of a vow? or is it a WIP

A fantastic streak of completions and re-vows guys! As the final week closes in, it's all or nothing!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@BCK you've got this brother that thing is looking absolutely fantastic your attention to detail is inspiring to say the least and I really applaud your determination not too settle for anything less than your absolute best work in terms of this hobby I say your every bit what our chaplain should be

Rapidly approaching the finish line myself all three models will be complete tonight but here's how they stand now I'd love too hear any suggestions any of you might have before I wrap them up especially on Rhy'tan for some reason I'm just not happy with him

20160805_011359.jpgimage hosting 30 mb

Vow finished:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/6/818731_sm-.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/6/818730_sm-.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/8/6/818729_sm-.jpg

So this ends my elt 5, with a little over 1600 points painted. I'll try and get a picture of everyting together later.

Vow 4 is done!

Which is ridiculous, because I'm still on holiday. Been getting some funny looks from my in-laws since we got down here. Ha ha ha ha...

Pics!

gallery_67188_8872_312594.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_314788.jpg

Pic above is showing off the Indomitan Mantle. The Contemptor will be getting some weathering and stuff as well, but I don't have any transfers or purity seal with me, and that needs to happen before transfers do.

Vow 5 will be coming tomorrow night or Tuesday morning, after I've been to WHW and bought stuff!

Just a few words as we near the end of this ETL, brothers, touching on something I previously posted.

Hey everyone. I had big plans for this ETL, and some of you may have noticed I haven't been around much, but a few weeks ago my mother was rushed to the hospital and I've been busy helping her with everything since, and will be for the near future.

I don't know how long it might be before I can get back to my little toy soldiers, but I wanted to congratulate and thank everyone for their participation in the ETL on behalf of the AoD. Enthusiasm and competition can be great motivators to get some stuff done, but don't compromise your own personal level of acceptable quality. Take the time you need to do what you'll be happy with; I've rushed some things in the past to meet a deadline and always regretted it afterward.

Good luck, and finish those vows.

I haven't been able to work on my Mach for the past two days due to my mother needing to go back to the hospital, and depending on test results, might have to go back for a longer stay. I may not be able to finish, and after posting the above about not compromising your level of acceptable quality, I cannot in good conscience just say I'm done at the current state of the work I planned for it. It doesn't matter that Chaos is kicking our butts and my vow is a measly 400 points, but I compromised on my entry last year to slide in a few hours under the wire, and it didn't sit well with me. I won't ever do it again just to meet a deadline, nor would I ask any of you to slop something together at the last second if it's something you'd cringe at a few days later. I'm all for enthusiasm and Zeal!, but not at the cost of your integrity.

Do I want to win? You betcha. Would I like to have seen more completions? Of course, but believe me, I know all about life getting in the way or possibly losing your enthusiasm along the path. I'll go build something at the drop of a hat, but painting? Basing? Much more daunting for me.

The ETL is a towering achievement for the hobby in how many points of models the B&C as a whole is able to finish. At the last update, we had almost 241 THOUSAND points of models completed. 140,000(!) of those points are from Chaos and the AoD. Half a million points were pledged across the entire board. That's crazy!

However it turns out, win or lose, I'm proud of everything that we accomplished in the AoD forum. More importantly, I hope everyone is happy with their completed models. 

Thanks for participating and making another ETL a blast to watch unfold.

-BCK

Hey BCK- thoughts and prayers for your mother!! Hope she exits vertically with ease very soon!

As for my pic Cap'n- the Contemptor is wip and I apologize for the lack of accompanying words as getting photobucket to actually work has become a slight nightmare with all the darn popups breaking into the slight amount of nonwork/family/stressed time that I have.

Humidity/ rain/ work and the like have hampered my ability to prime the last of my first vow but the weather appears to be 87 and no chance of rain tonight- the wife is off to a school function, primerers are ready and the last 6 dudes of my first vow are set to be finished

BCK has it, don't compromise your work, but if you have no legitimate excuses and you've slacked off for 3 months that's a whole different kettle of fish.

We've had a good etl with some good completions and outstanding miniatures, I don't however see us winning without a load of first vow completions guys.

Unfortunately chaos is on their way to victory. Let's just hope a miracle occurs and you nutters manage to finish a load of vows

BCK said it all. It appears we aren't going to win again this year against those 40k deranged folks (well aware I'm on the way!). Anyway, I'll still treasure these threads for motivation and new ideas.

Vow #3 complete - Knight Acheron pledged for the Warmaster!

Kill for the living. And kill for the dead.

gallery_85395_12005_1684633.jpg

A quick status update. I'm still on track to complete my vow on time. Work went into crazy summer overtime just as ETL started and along with the usual summer social obligations, I found myself having little to no hobby time. Things lightened up towards the end of July, and I've been playing catch up since.

Also got put behind because these have to be some of the worst casts that have ever made it out of FW. These are some of the first items I bought from Forge World back in early 2015, and it feels like I've been cutting, scraping, and sanding them ever since. Too many slipped molds and worn out molds on top of the fact that MKii armor has no smooth sections. It's all overlapping plates and rivets, and the mold lines seem to always run right through the rivets! furious.gif

So I stripped off the noob primer job I had on these, and got busy cleaning them up (for the 4th time). New before pics have been added to my original post.

Currently, I'm done with almost all of the airbrush painting, and am currently hand painting the black and metallic areas. Here's a couple of progress pics...

Img 1744

Img 1762

There shall be no breaking of oaths for me!

BCK has it, don't compromise your work, but if you have no legitimate excuses and you've slacked off for 3 months that's a whole different kettle of fish.

We've had a good etl with some good completions and outstanding miniatures, I don't however see us winning without a load of first vow completions guys.

Unfortunately chaos is on their way to victory. Let's just hope a miracle occurs and you nutters manage to finish a load of vows

While I did do quite a bit of work on my Reaver, I ended up stripping the big boy. I just wasn't feeling the job I was doing, and, with such a pricey model, I'd rather fail HARD than show up with something not up to my abilities. Beware of Super Clean Degreaser for stripping resin: it will obliterate applied acrylics easy enough, but gunks the hell out of your priming coat. Scrub, soap, and sware words :) . Oh, and the product leaches into the resin, giving it a purple tinge. Happy to have it back to black primer after quite the fight.

I'll own that title of slacker even with a work schedule from hell (6 12's a week in the spring, summer, fall baby!), and furthermore if I ever decide to enter one of these contests again, it will be a solo, out-of-comp vow so I can only disappoint myself :)

Thanks, BCK, for putting words to how I've been feeling every time I look at my pile of Titan parts. Sending positive your Mom's way.

Good Luck with ETL, everyone.

Good to see completions keep coming! 

I also agree with BCK's sentiment of not compromising quality, this is one of the pillars of the ETL! Work to the best of your ability always, and if you miss the deadline, well, you missed it. But I'm not sharing the sentiment that Chaos will be winning again this year necessarily. The last week has been historically a game changer and especially last year that worked in favour of Chaos that topped the HH team which seemed dominant at the time. Can't this year be the reverse? HH team has the resources to turn this around easily. Question is, will you be completing your vows on time? Let's see! 

@ BCK: All the best to your mum mate. My thoughts are with you both.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I appreciate the concern about my mother, but thankfully, this is something to with her hand and not related to the major surgery she had a couple months ago.

I have some new update pics which you can read more about in my thread. Here's a teaser photo.

http://i.imgur.com/PXYrIsj.png

TL;DR: I'm progressing faster than expected and might finish on time after all.

Archived