+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Okay, I have not made almost any progress at all during the last 5-6 weeks due to small "injury" to my shoulder (and because of the Euro 2016).

But something good came out of this as I won the betting pool I was in and with the winnings I bought myself a new Iwata airbrush and compressor!

(also put aside the rest for my next fw order)

Im just about to go and pick it up from the post office so I can start to learn how to use it. If I can figure how to use it quick enough I will be able to complete my vow in time.

Wish me luck.

This is a fantastic showcase of the collective talent of the HH community. I'm in awe... Not only that but you have closed further the completion rate gap with the Chaos team and you're solidifying your lead. Just dob't relax now when you're doing so great! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So now that I got my first I feel a second vow is in order but with how slow I am I feel like I should go small maybe a couple HQ and a Dreadnought? Or should I go for the money and try to get my knight knocked out I could really use some opinions as my indecisiveness is making this incredibly difficult to choose.

So now that I got my first I feel a second vow is in order but with how slow I am I feel like I should go small maybe a couple HQ and a Dreadnought? Or should I go for the money and try to get my knight knocked out I could really use some opinions as my indecisiveness is making this incredibly difficult to choose.

I'd say go for the HQ's and a dread.

We're in it to win it, and if you're in doubt as to wether you can finish off a Knight in time, go for something safer.

I definitely appreciate the enthusiasm, but Brother Pheidias is right; we're in the home stretch now and you have to remember that if you fail to complete a vow beyond your first, you lose all the points of your previous vows! Failing one vow is failing all of them! So please, brothers, if you have made more than one vow, make sure you complete the newest one!

Wise words from BCK! :yes:

If you feel confident by all means go for it but remember that your previous vow is at stake! ;)

Keep those completions coming guys! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks you guys I appreciate your responses sometimes you just need to hear what you're thinking come from someone else so without further ado

I Pyroclast91 artificer of the XVIII swear to complete a Contemptor Dreadnought with chainfist and multi melta 185pts, a X legion praetor in Cataphractii Plate with GG CM DL and cyber familiar 212pts, and finally the Lord Chaplain Nomus Rhy'tan 215pts. For a total of 612pts. Success will bring glory to the Xth and XVIII Legions as well as the AOD failure will doom me to the shame of bearing the badge of the oath breaker (won't happen) until the year end. So it is written so let it be converted and painted.

20160719_043626.jpgcapture screen

Yes I do realise I've got some weapon swaps and green stuff work to do but I really wanted to get this vowed and they are suppose to be before pictures after all.

Everything is looking great as usual. Been meaning to comment on people's work but been putting all my free time into painting, but in good news Vow #2 is complete!

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Raven%20Guard/etlvv2comp_zpsqzvviw4n.jpg

And now for Vow #3:

I, Zujara, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: 1 Knight Gallant with Meltagun, Twin Icarus Autocannon

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Mechanicum/galantwip_zpsnsozhla7.jpg

for a total value of 365 points. Success will bring eternal glory to the XIX legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end

Let's keep it up, keep the completions and wip coming!

@ Kurama: Crap! I hope you feel better soon, buddy. But honestly: I told you so. Remember when I said "there will be blood"? ;) This will not be an excuse for our little competition, though. You're a good 2800 points in the lead, atm. :p

Do we need another Warlord to win? Thinking risk too big but might have it factory finished for the ETL victory parade, The Triumph at Ullanor

http://i.imgur.com/IKLWCt6.jpg

Warlord 2 is assembled (just need magnets for torso/hips and arms) and now in process of base coating the legs and plates.

Vow 2 should be done by saturday.

@kurama gloves bro all about them gloves I was drilling through the a frame on a trailer and snapped a 3/8 bit (because jobber bits are garbage) and if I wasn't wearing mine we'd be in the same boat anywho I hope ya heal up soon bud

@Demoni two warlords? Like two whole warlords? You sir are a god among mere mortals I would display them like gate guards to the door of my house

Do we need another Warlord to win? 

Maybe... But we also probably can't afford to lose the points from your other one. So it's down to you, my friend. If you reckon you can get it done, you'll write your name forever in the history of the AoD forum as one of our greatest champions.

(PS - My vote is yes. You've got three and a half weeks to paint something the size of a toddler.)

So ... I said way back in the first week of June that I thought I'd have my vow finished by the weekend. Obviously that didn't happen.

Right now I'm about 95% done. My Siege Breaker and Tactical Support Squad are both fully painted up, and my Delegatus is basically there bar his backpack, thunder hammer and a few other minor details. The biggest problem facing me right now is that I haven't actually got any glue to base them and stick the Siege Breaker together XD

0ae6a8e963e96eca2f563776fc861aad.jpg

I got to sit down with my brushes on my lunch break today... Ahh, an hour to paint I says to myself, the misses and kids are out to a birthday lunch with the aunt and grandfather... Paint on brush, paint to rhino, 4 strokes later the door opens and everyone comes rushing in and my lunch break painting is shot for 3/4 of the time.

Grrrrr.... Have a base coat laid down of aveland sunset finally... It's uneven but it's there.

All I ask for is 1 hour this evening to paint... Please

@Kurama hope your hand's alright man, broke my finger myself so it's a little infuriating being unable to hobby as much... Kudos to you if you're willing to continue with the ETL.

@Demonl 3 censored.gif -ing Warlords? By the Emperor...eek.gif

I myself might, MIGHT get a small third vow in, but it depends on what the doctor says tomorrow. (Unbroken) fingers crossed that all goes well. tongue.png

Everything is looking great as usual. Been meaning to comment on people's work but been putting all my free time into painting, but in good news Vow #2 is complete!

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Raven%20Guard/etlvv2comp_zpsqzvviw4n.jpg

And now for Vow #3:

I, Zujara, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: 1 Knight Gallant with Meltagun, Twin Icarus Autocannon

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Mechanicum/galantwip_zpsnsozhla7.jpg

for a total value of 365 points. Success will bring eternal glory to the XIX legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end

Let's keep it up, keep the completions and wip coming!

Well done Zujara, and a brave step to take another vow! Good luck man! biggrin.png

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/20160720_140556_zpsroal8m3c.jpg

Good thing I finished my vow.... just snapped a 13mm drill bit and lacerated my wrist.

So boys let's win this for Kurama and his censored.gif wrists

Damn! Thank goodness you're alright! Get well soon man! thumbsup.gif

Do we need another Warlord to win? Thinking risk too big but might have it factory finished for the ETL victory parade, The Triumph at Eleanor

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/IKLWCt6.jpg

Warlord 2 is assembled (just need magnets for torso/hips and arms) and now in process of base coating the legs and plates.

Vow 2 should be done by saturday.

Suffice to say this is VERY important for the HH faction! Good luck and may the Force be with you! laugh.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived