Horus Heresy-Warhammer Fest-2016

Izlude

Hot damn that Sanguinius cover is beautiful. They all look good TBH, though I wonder why The Either is getting a cover, it's an audio-drama is it not?

The Either was originally in the Meduson exclusive anthology. Perhaps it will be published as a stand-alone hard cover book.

For Preatorian of Dorn: i have heard the book is centered around Archamedus (sp) but the cover appears to be Dorn with his characteristic chaisword and Alpharius with the Pale spear.

The real question is the fight they really will have. In The Wolf Lord both Russ and Alpharius just glance at each other and that was it, hope it is better than that. I think (correct me if I am wrong) the only time I read Alpharius fight was in The Seventh Serpent but never saw him with the pale spear which sounds like a badass weapon.

Either way this book will rock. John French is easily top 3 and he can do IF well.

Some cool covers from that BL seminar. It doesn't seem like Corax by Thorpe will be a new novel. I've just gone back and read all his recent interviews and he mentions that he has been working on something "Raven Guard related" and that it is done. Combined with the two novellas already out, sounds very much like there will be another novella, this one new, bundled with his other Raven Guard stories, titled "Corax".

Praetorian of Dorn of course looks like it could be phenomenal. I note however that we still see no covers or hear any mention of Master of Mankind

From what I heard, Corax will be a collection of Corax: Soulforge, Ravenlord, the third, new novella, The Value of Fear, The Shadowmasters and Raptor.

As of The First Heretic's hardback/ebook afterword, AD-B was entering the last few weeks of writing Master of Mankind back in January. But yes, the lack of cover art for that is somewhat odd.

On a positive note, I just read a comment from ADB last week saying that he has nearly finished MoM smile.png

From what I heard, Corax will be a collection of Corax: Soulforge, Ravenlord, the third, new novella, The Value of Fear, The Shadowmasters and Raptor.

As of The First Heretic's hardback/ebook afterword, AD-B was entering the last few weeks of writing Master of Mankind back in January. But yes, the lack of cover art for that is somewhat odd.

If it includes all of that I am definitely getting that book.

Oh my... Neil Roberts has come such a long way over the past 10 years... Sanguinius's cover really is a sight to behold, i will be all over the inevitable art print release when that comes along! Praetorian of Dorn really cannot get here quick enough too, by the looks of this he (Dorn) finally gets his hands dirty after so many years having to hold back on Terra while the galaxy and his brothers tear themselves apart!

The Either... i know the original short was from Meduson, i have the audio and it's amazing... but i would hope that this potentially could be a Novella which integrates that short into it's page count and continues Maar's mission to hunt down and break the Shattered Legions back, that would be great to see explored.

Now for the white elephant in the room... Leman Russ: The Great Wolf... that piece really looks crude when compared to the others on display here... if anything this looks like a rough draft... Russ seems so badly positioned and stylised. Quite dissapointing really when compared to the rest of the Heresy artwork huh.png

Oh my... Neil Roberts has come such a long way over the past 10 years... Sanguinius's cover really is a sight to behold, i will be all over the inevitable art print release when that comes along! Praetorian of Dorn really cannot get here quick enough too, by the looks of this he (Dorn) finally gets his hands dirty after so many years having to hold back on Terra while the galaxy and his brothers tear themselves apart!

The Either... i know the original short was from Meduson, i have the audio and it's amazing... but i would hope that this potentially could be a Novella which integrates that short into it's page count and continues Maar's mission to hunt down and break the Shattered Legions back, that would be great to see explored.

Now for the white elephant in the room... Leman Russ: The Great Wolf... that piece really looks crude when compared to the others on display here... if anything this looks like a rough draft... Russ seems so badly positioned and stylised. Quite dissapointing really when compared to the rest of the Heresy artwork huh.png

I agree with the Primarch Series artwork, I think they want it to look like that? I am little disappointed with Guilliman in the Primarch Sereis book, looks sort of cartoony with the glowing eyes. The Leman Russ coverart looks very similar so would not be surprised if that is what we get.

Probably will be a kick ass story since Wraight is doing it. Look forward to the Lion biatch slapping Russ to the back of the head gangsta style...

On a positive note, I just read a comment from ADB last week saying that he has nearly finished MoM smile.png

If it includes all of that I am definitely getting that book.

It's confirmed by Gav, via his blog. The new novella is called Weregeld.

http://gavthorpe.co.uk/2016/05/16/warhammer-fest-2016-event-report/

As well as these, the volume will also include a new novella to cap off the series and bring the story of Corax up to the point just before the Siege of Terra. Entitled Weregeld, it is the culmination of many of the storylines prior to that, and sees the return of characters such as the Raptor lieutenant Navar Hef, Commander Branne and Therion Vice-Caesarii Marcus Valerius, Librarian Balsar Kurthuri, Gherith Arendi and, of course, Corax himself. It is a story of endings, in more ways than one, and is, for the foreseeable future, my last contribution to the Raven Guard story in the Horus Heresy (though there will be more appearances in different titles). Like the rest of the numbered series it will be initially released in hardback with an author afterword.

Anybody gonna complain about how we're "not getting to Terra" still?

I'm betting on The Either being a general CD release. It was MP3 only so far, while Grey Talon (also from Meduson) got a CD. The cover for The Either was also pretty much a placeholder thing.

I'm honestly not a fan of the empty eyes style for the Primarchs. Its a different artist, but the aesthetic choice of white-eyed Guilliman made me think it was just unfinished work in progress art... until they promoted it with the exact same artwork on preorder.

@ Izlude - I agree completely, Guilliman's cover was a little, flat i suppose. It's like the artist was trying to portray him literally as a god like being, removal of the eyes from characters discards the subjects humanity, in some cases this works (DBZ anyone?) but here, absolutely not. I'm really quite surprised that BL even thought to go down this route as this almost feels less like it's for adults, and my view of the Heresy is that it's a series squarely aimed at grown ups with cash to splash!

Trying to think outside the box i guess It's possible that budgeting didn't allow for a higher quality cover as they predict lower sales due to this being almost an off shoot series with a lower page count as standard... or maybe Neil Roberts literally has his hands full creating masterpieces for the main series... or someone @ BL thought that this was a good look to go for blink.png like all things it's subjective so I'm sure it'll have it's own set of fans.

All of that said though I am still really looking forward to the general release of Great Wolf. I really enjoy Chris's style of writing and with the exception of Abnett doing this (dripping wet leopard growls and all!) there's no other author i'd want to handle it.

So related to news on the upcoming novels, there is this bit from the reliable rumour monger Squiggly:

And just because I love you all. 12 Horus Heresy books this year. About half will be reprint anthologies, but still... 6 brand new Heresy books in one year....

His stuff is generally correct so this is quite exciting and matches the significant releases we have seen so far.

So with Pharos, Path of Heaven, Angels of Caliban and Praetorian of Dorn already scheduled, we have two more novels to go this year.

Could this be anything else than Master of Mankind and Crimson King?

6 anthologies: Eye of Terra, War without End, The Silent War already scheduled. Echoes of Imperium just announced, plus the Corax collection from Gav Thorpe due at the end of the year, brings us to 5.

6 anthologies: Eye of Terra, War without End, The Silent War already scheduled. Echoes of Imperium just announced, plus the Corax collection from Gav Thorpe due at the end of the year, brings us to 5.

And Meduson, too - I guess we can count that now!

Just saw that over on the BL site. Confusing, as it was Laurie over on TFE that stated that it was a CD release. A quick check of the BL website only throws up a MP3 version. Can you confirm there was a CD edition already?

Just saw that over on the BL site. Confusing, as it was Laurie over on TFE that stated that it was a CD release. A quick check of the BL website only throws up a MP3 version. Can you confirm there was a CD edition already?

The CD is only available at present as part of the Lt Edition Meduson anthology. It's strange to see this advertised so strongly for a July release, Grey Talon from the same collection had it's CD release with naut but a brief mention. I'm guessing they're just using it to plug a hole in the release schedule.

August, Sept & Oct look set to be all kinds of awesome!!

Archived