To conquer a galaxy - an imperial knight and skitarii blog

So for a little while I've been tinkering around with different colour schemes and have decided to go with a house Terryn sort of colour scheme (with the blue and red). I've yet to think of a name or any fluff for my forge world so any ideas anyone? :P anyway here's a WIP test model of the new colour scheme - med_gallery_86320_12016_308845.jpeg

med_gallery_86320_12016_173655.jpeg

And here's what I'll be working on in this thread (also vow 1 for the ETL) -

med_gallery_86320_12016_431220.jpeg

I also have another knight to do and some kastellans.

The blue is indeed interesting... A purple look that is unusual

Me like

The lighting is a bit weird their not that purple in real life but thank you I will post pictures of the knight when it is finished (which will be soon)

I think the blue is very nice, I'm thinking of doing a light blue for my Knight too :) The colours are great, but I do think a bit more highlighting would help on the blue, as darker blues can easily do the "flat void" thing like black. I think it's mainly on the carapace?

I think the blue is very nice, I'm thinking of doing a light blue for my Knight too :) The colours are great, but I do think a bit more highlighting would help on the blue, as darker blues can easily do the "flat void" thing like black. I think it's mainly on the carapace?

Yeah I as said it is not finished I still have a lot of highlights to do but if I do them all at once my concentration tends to slip and I start getting messy. Thanks though and I would love to see your knight get some paint :)

Do you have any particular plans for the base? Mine is a bit plain at the moment so I'm hoping to spruce it up somehow. I will be starting on my Knight's paint this weekend, so just as well I'm finally settling on some colours :lol:

Everything looks great so far! What sort of theme do you have in mind for your basing?

What are your plans for heraldry/iconography? I feel like the red and blue on the shield could use some separation. Maybe a white stripe with an icon over it?

I plan something urban for the base so I will pick something up at the local hobby store.

I don't know what to do with the heraldry as of yet, I want to create a forge world symbol but I'm rubbish at freehanding.

As for the white strip I might try it but I'm worried it will be out of place as there is no other white on the model??

Good point about the white. Hmmm. I'll have to keep thinking on it.

Have you knocked around any ideas for fluff? A good thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to use the entire transfer, if you choose that route. It's a lot of fun chopping up parts of transfers and layering them onto each other to make something unique that fits your fluff.

Looking forward to seeing more! I love me some Knights!

Some progress - did the red on the knight and started work on the vanguard but nowhere near done. It's been hard finding the time to paint these but I'm slowly getting there

med_gallery_86320_12016_215320.jpg

med_gallery_86320_12016_1349146.jpeg

Lighting isn't so good on this one there is another in my gallery

med_gallery_86320_12016_1429476.jpeg

med_gallery_86320_12016_1521733.jpeg

As always C and C welcome

The red is looking really nice! It's a very rich tone. I find red to be one of the harder colors to find a shade that I like.

Fit the hobby time in when you can, brother. Every minute you can squeeze in from time to time adds up quick!

Great stuff, love that muted blue (it's a colour after my own heart). Looking forward to seeing the completed urban basing, which is again my favourite style of basing. biggrin.png

Don't be scared to try a hand at making your own transfers, either! Dunno if that was your plan, but it's way easier than it sounds and it really lets you let loose with your own custom style. I tried it out with my IK and I must say he really stands out vs. other Knights thanks to that extra bit of elbow grease. happy.png

Vanguard alpha nearly complete now -

med_gallery_86320_12016_566248.jpeg

med_gallery_86320_12016_210302.jpeg

still got the pistol to do and he's pretty much done

Also stated work on the base of the knight ( I decided against the urban theme )

med_gallery_86320_12016_180003.jpeg

Would anyone recommend a specific could to drybrush Martian ironearth to make it pop more?

Archived