Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MaliGn's Litany of Hate (mk 3) - back to the raptors

Word Bearers ETL Chaos ETL2019 Conversion Chaos space marines Kitbash Photos Painting NMM

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts
I think this might work as painting during the week, building at the weekends.

I think I've rescued the cloak and while the gold still needs a few more stages I'm starting to feel better about this guy.

gallery_62155_11151_191124.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_88495.jpg

By the way still thinking about getting this thread shifted to the WIP forum anyone got any thoughts? I kinda think I might need to fix all the busted tinypic links to do that in any kind of worthwhile positive way.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Cloak looks good - I like what you've done to it.  I agree its a big improvement over its previous iteration.  

As for moving it to the WIP forum, that's up to you and what you want to get out of it.  Are you most looking for comments on your painting and conversion work, and are hoping for advice from persons highly skilled at those aspects of the hobby?  The WIP forum seems like a better place.  On the other hand, if you are more interested in discussions of the gaming or lore side of the hobbies, and want to chum around with others who are likewise interested in the chaos faction, here seems like the natural place to do that.

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts
Update on my sorcerer...

gallery_62155_11151_13898.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_146681.jpg
  • Sgt. Blank, Brom MKIV, Lanparth and 2 others like this

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts

That is an EPIC sorcerer. 

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts
Which backpack do we think folks?

gallery_62155_11151_451236.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_330251.jpg
I probably also have the krannon original backpack somewhere but I think I'd prefer to use that elsewhere.

I was hoping I had an old metal sorcerer backpack floating about but it appears to have gone missing...
  • Sgt. Blank and Excessus like this

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

I like the first one better, and would paint the circular bit in the middle like a brain - it makes sense that a chaos psycher would use the brain of a now-deceased psycher to augment his own powers.

The wormy one doesn't really work for me as the sorceror doesn't have any wormy parts elsewhere on the model.

You conversion is quite similar to my own, except that you did a better job with the arm holding the staff.

Sgt. Blank

Sgt. Blank

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
If you can't find the old one, I'd go for the first option. I think it's a good fit and better than Kranons for the aesthetic of the figure.

gallery_29004_12090_2245.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_4603.pngqVQuHsg.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.png

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts
I have finished the sorcerer! I went with the majority of votes from the various places I requested input when it comes to the backpack.

gallery_62155_11151_106118.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_343975.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_103418.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_228752.jpg

Let me know what you think!
  • Lanparth, TrawlingCleaner and Putrid Choir like this

Lanparth

Lanparth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 549 posts

That's :cussing fantastic.

• MaliGn likes this

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

Love the brain backpack - I think it was a good choice (and not just because I suggested it ;) ).  He looks great.  I espcially like his book holding familiar - what's it from?  The work on ornate cover/backer and the open page is absolutely fantastic.

• MaliGn likes this

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts

That's :cussing fantastic.

Thanks dude, he's entered in a local painting comp, we'll see how he gets on (I may be biased but I think he's up there)

Love the brain backpack - I think it was a good choice (and not just because I suggested it ;) ).  He looks great.  I espcially like his book holding familiar - what's it from?  The work on ornate cover/backer and the open page is absolutely fantastic.

Cheers doc, the book is taken from silver tower as are the familiars for my other sorcerers. It was great fun to paint.

Here's some work on the next raptor.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for not building his feet properly so I may try and fix them with green stuff.

gallery_62155_11151_218125.jpg

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,124 posts
Bit more progress on the raptor

gallery_62155_11151_534518.jpg
gallery_62155_11151_22408.jpg

Need to do his jump pack and his final highlights on the trim and a few other little bits but I'm getting there.

In other news the sorcerer placed second in a "maelstrom of magic" painting competition at my local Warhammer store. Which was pretty cool.
  • TrawlingCleaner, Dr_Ruminahui and MegaVolt87 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Word Bearers, ETL, Chaos, ETL2019, Conversion, Chaos space marines, Kitbash, Photos, Painting, NMM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users