Started work on a second Sorcerer, this one is based on Kranon and has a staff, I will need to do a spot of green stuff work on this one to fill some gaps, and rebuild the back of his head. I feel like I should be painting his body separately from his cloak and arms, but I'm not sure I'll be actually assemble him if I attach the staff where his sword was. Then again I don't want to be messing about with green stuff that close to areas I've already painted, and I've got quite a significant gap to fill. Edited by MaliGn

Looks pretty damn nice. Not sure on the square base though (I assume it's temporary?).

Yeah, was just an old cavalry bases that was to hand, I may need to trim a bit off the bottom of the staff to make him actually stand on a base proper. (Will be going on a 32mm)

Might be in danger of getting carried away with making Sorcerers now, but here are two more, one more from the chosen and one more based on the Exalted Sorcerers.

He's pretty much done while the next one is in the early stages.

I should probably do some more with axes...

Images removed

Edited by MaliGn

Started painting one of the sorcerers, reds are done and I've popped some basecoats on the rest. Photo has a filter on it to try and improve colour fidelity on a phone shot, but it's obviously not 100% accurate.

Images removed

Edited by MaliGn

A bit more progress, got the robes and horns done, started on the armour trim and blocked the basecoats in for the gold bits.

Pretty pleased with the way this is going so far, but there's still a fair bit to go.

Images removed

Edited by MaliGn

So I've finished the Sorcerer with Force Axe, and I'm pretty pleased with him to be fair. I snaffled some of the silver tower familiars from eBay a while ago and I've painted one up to go along with him.

And here are some more shots of the latest cultists and the now finished blob of twenty with pistols and close combat weapons.

Images removed

Edited by MaliGn

• 3 weeks later...

More cultists - five more with autoguns, including one made from an old plastic Orlock ganger!

I'm quite glad to be nearly done with these now, and since I am out of autoguns and cash to finish off this unit with for the time being it looks like it might be a little while until I find ish the last five cultists.

Anyway here's a quick phone snap:

Images....

Edited by MaliGn

Man the robes on that sorcerer are amazing, seriously awesome work there

Thanks, it's just lots of layers and mixing paints on a palette, no washes, no glazes, just perseverance and a combination of mournfang brown, ushabti bone, screaming skull and white scar paints.

Some work done on painting the first Sorcerer I built.

Reds are done, cloth and horns are done, trim needs final white highlights, sword needs finishing, so do other bits of details, scripture etc.

Any comments so far?

Edited by MaliGn

You aren't the first to mention that, and although I was going to chalk it up to experience, (partly since the original is moulded to the wrist of the knight that the sword came from) I have managed to find a hilt from a sheathed sword in the bezerker kit that tapers nicely to account for his hand's shape on the (formerly) pistol grip. It's perhaps too long now!

So thanks to some intelligent critique I've altered the hilt of the sword. Here's a quick shot of that now I've painted it, I've done a few other bits but I'm going to wait until completion to show them off I think.

Images....

Edited by MaliGn

You shouldn't worry too much about such details imo. The sword is super impractical due it's form in the first place and even if we ignore the whole fantasy-esque stuff a curved handle on such a sword makes no sense either.

It's all about rule of cool and if you like it it's good. ;)

It makes a touch more sense than a pistol grip! Overall I think that it is an improvement.

I had three separate people all suggest that it needed alteration, and what's the point of asking for input of you don't listen?

Really cool sorcerers and paint jobs. Trying to finish off my own DV chosen made into rubrics, and and struggling with all the little highlighting like you've done well here. Can't get my brush to work that well.

I use a very fine 000 that I picked up in an art shop, I'd tell you the make but all the print has worn off!

Edited by MaliGn

Proper brushes make all the difference. I used to use cheap brushes and the citadel ones but my friends gave me the ArmyPainter mega brush for my birthday set and the difference is incredible! If you think you paint on a decent standard and still have trouble with fine brush strokes and details I really really recommend investing some money into good brushes!

Edited by sfPanzer

Here we go, backpack done, I still need to finish off the familiar and take nice photos, but the main figure is done.

Here's a detail shot of the book before I put the backpack on and his half of it with his cape. The runes are the "face of..." Runes taken from the GW dark toungue runes one for each god to represent Daemonology.

Images removed

Edited by MaliGn