Something Wicked this way comes!

gallery_62155_11151_481830.jpg

Parts assemble!

With the general overhaul of the chaos range I have decided that it is time to overhaul my general! I think that this is the core of parts I will need, and I know that I need to finish the raptors and the other Obliterator and the rest of shadowspear but this is bugging me as I am all inspired to build it and having succeeded at etl I'm going to treat myself dammit!

Y'know when you just get the right idea the whole thing comes together so naturally. Sure there's a bunch of stuff to finish off, but for recreating my original warlord this is working out pretty much just how I pictured it. I do need to figure out a replacement for the chest Cape which was originally from the chaos terminator lord kit, anyone got any suggestions for a source?

gallery_62155_11151_533486.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_518029.jpg

Yeah, the stairs look great - from this angle, anyway.  How does he look from the sides?

BTW, I would put a wrap around the sides of the stairs that are "cut off" at the edge of the base - the layered look of the top few steps looks kind of sedimentary, which doesn't make a lot of sense for stairs. :)

Oh, and the chest cape in the original, I would leave it off - the model is busy enough and doesn't need it.

Yeah, the stairs look great - from this angle, anyway. How does he look from the sides?

BTW, I would put a wrap around the sides of the stairs that are "cut off" at the edge of the base - the layered look of the top few steps looks kind of sedimentary, which doesn't make a lot of sense for stairs. :)

Oh, and the chest cape in the original, I would leave it off - the model is busy enough and doesn't need it.

I've finished sanding the stairs and lined the tiles on top up a bit better, also added a couple of extras to the base to break it up. As to whether I'll need to wrap it I think I'll give it a base coat and see how that looks, if it's really uneven after that then I'll try and find something to use as a filler maybe liquid green stuff might be the answer.

As for the half Cape I'll see how it goes, I've ordered some bits from eBay that I may or may not use.

Here's some photos from other angles.

gallery_62155_11151_21331.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_294181.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_261376.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_395666.jpg

Time to disassemble and prepare for painting methinks.

Thanks for the photos - yeah, he looks great on the stairs.  With poses like that, you really need to look at them from the side before making a final judgment, and now that I have I can say he looks good from each viewpoint. :thumbsup:

As for the need to wrap them, I agree it is best to see after they are primed.  I'm thinking them would look better wrapped, but not by any large margin - it may not be worth the effort.  One thing I would do is recess the skull back into the hole more - it looks like its going to fall out.  I suspect you don't have the room to make the actual whole deeper, but shaving some off the back of the skull would likely have the desired effect.

Thanks for the photos - yeah, he looks great on the stairs. With poses like that, you really need to look at them from the side before making a final judgment, and now that I have I can say he looks good from each viewpoint. :thumbsup:

As for the need to wrap them, I agree it is best to see after they are primed. I'm thinking them would look better wrapped, but not by any large margin - it may not be worth the effort. One thing I would do is recess the skull back into the hole more - it looks like its going to fall out. I suspect you don't have the room to make the actual whole deeper, but shaving some off the back of the skull would likely have the desired effect.

I'll think about it, I'm not sure I'll even be able to get it out again now!

Cant wait to see how this guy turns out. Not a huge fan of all the cabling on the blackstone fortress lord but im sure you will make it look great.

Yeah that is the one part of the model I'm not so sure about myself, this is part of why I changed his backpack. We'll see how it goes.

I've recently been using the laptop to view this for the first time in ages, makes you realise the sheer size of these images! I know I'm quite guilty of using my phone more than anything to browse these forums these days, very telling when things are auto-scaled!

He’s looking great!

I really like the conversion work you’ve done.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on how you get on with your own stuff.

Here's some progress on the warlord, I've been working on his flesh tubes, although there is still a bit left to do there. Also made a call on what to do with the fur parts of the cloak, there may be a little bit left to do there.

gallery_62155_11151_316643.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_153927.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Like how he's coming along - the flesh tubes are super creepy.

BTW, don't you think its about time you had a profile picture? He could be it when he's done.

Thanks, I keep thinking about the profile pic, if I can get the right close up on this guy when done then maybe...

Looking good Malign, I'd like to echo the good Doctor's comments on the flesh tubes, super disturbing.

It's become my go-to flesh technique for this army, and with more and more chaos models featuring this type of detail it's building up.

Added a few more highlights to the fur and am quite pleased with the outcome.

gallery_62155_11151_113049.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_149405.jpg

MaliGn, you are SERIOUSLY making me contemplate getting that model to make a Dark Apostle for my Night Lords (not a fan of the current Dark Apostle model, aesthetically, for my Night Lords, it looks and feels more like a Sorcerer).

Your Dark Apostle conversion is BADASS.

Edited by Gederas

MaliGn, you are SERIOUSLY making me contemplate getting that model to make a Dark Apostle for my Night Lords (not a fan of the current Dark Apostle model, aesthetically, for my Night Lords, it looks and feels more like a Sorcerer).

Your Dark Apostle conversion is BADASS.

Thanks Gederas, I kinda know what you mean about the "official" dark apostle model, I might use him as a master of possessions or something else. I do like his disciples so I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up the kit at some point, but I'm also pretty sure he won't be staying stock. (I'm kinda surprised at myself for leaving the greater possessed and Obliterator stock)

Looking good, doing the piping 'fleshy' is an interesting idea. The skull mask looks great, keen to see him completed.

I'm working on it! I've got as far as putting both halves of him together so I can highlight it all together. I have a few other bits that still need finishing like the head of his crozius incidentally I'm trying to decide how to do the skulls that are moulded as part of the mace head Vs the blades ,all gold or bone and gold? Open to ideas!

gallery_62155_11151_365016.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_438573.jpg