• 3 weeks later...

Progress on the second raptor.

I've learned a bit from doing the mmm brass on the first one and have refined the method slightly. Let me know what you think.

gallery_62155_11151_88766.jpg

Also considering relocating this thread to the wip forum, but worried it would get lost in traffic. Any input there?

• 2 weeks later...

In the Name of the Urizen, Lorgar Aurelian; I, MaliGn rise to the infernal challenge of E Tenebrae Lux VII and vow to paint the following units on or before 1st September 2019 for the eternal glory of the Word Bearers, the Dark Pantheon and the Chaos Space Marines! Failure will be unacceptable and will consign me to spawnhood!

1 Obliterator

For a total of 115 pointsgallery_62155_11151_738171.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been neglecting putting the progress shots of the obliterator in here, but I've made quite decent progress: currently looks like this:

gallery_62155_11151_21221.jpg

Still the last level of highlights to do on the metal, bone is only just started, ditto loincloth, need to texture up the flesh with washes and blood for the blood god, and then add iconography.

I realised that one of his arms was not attached properly and it was bugging me so I fixed it, there's touch ups needed there, but not much. Also need to work out my plan for the cables.

Here's a rear view and the missed shots of progress.

gallery_62155_11151_116830.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_275510.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_234616.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_20957.jpg

Sorry to post in reverse order.

After my cricket match was abandoned due to the rain I've been able to spend the afternoon working on the Obliterator. Got the teeth, loin cloth etc done, although I may add an additional highlight here and there.

Started work on detailing up the flesh, blood for the blood God for the gorier open bits, and started adding washes for the bruising and sore flesh.

gallery_62155_11151_601269.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_580098.jpg

On a separate note I'm toying with getting this thread moved into the WiP section of the Forge, but I'm a little unsure where I'll get more feedback, which is ultimately part of the point of a plog. I'm with a few other frater in that I feel that likes are nice but comments are worth their weight in gold. I originally had a plog in the WiP section but didn't maintain it enough so I relaunched over here to be among the chaos-leaning types. Let me know your thoughts on that, or on the Obliterator or on anything else.

I think he looks good, but the larger bits of flesh could use some definition - for example, over the guns.  Maybe some light washes would help?  As well, the red wounds kind of blend in with the red armour and don't come across as being open wounds - maybe the pinky-purple bruised flesh colour used on many of the GW models (for example, on servitors or such - the one that comes to mind is the old Inquisitor game archoflagelent.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I think he looks good, but the larger bits of flesh could use some definition - for example, over the guns. Maybe some light washes would help? As well, the red wounds kind of blend in with the red armour and don't come across as being open wounds - maybe the pinky-purple bruised flesh colour used on many of the GW models (for example, on servitors or such - the one that comes to mind is the old Inquisitor game archoflagelent.

Yeah, that's coming just had to stop painting for the day, having only made a start on the leg flesh.

Looking good - I like what you've done to the flesh on the back.

Thanks, told ya there was more to come!

Speaking of progress, been working on the cables and the plasma coils, adding the bits of blue have helped add some points of Interest, still some bits left to do but I think it's really coming together now.

gallery_62155_11151_55906.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_233941.jpg

Ok, so I've bombarded you all with progress shots but I can now declare that my vow is complete!

1 Obliterator of the Word Bearers is ready to fight under Lorgar's banners.

gallery_62155_11151_123438.jpg

I know that he's ended up a little busy, but that's kinda in the nature of Word Bearers, especially the way I do 'em, I'm pretty chuffed with the way he came out and I'm thinking that I'll enter him for Everchosen, with the local vote I may do OK.

I've enjoyed this model, but by 'eck am I glad I've finished it, was beginning to feel like I'd never get there!

gallery_62155_11151_88631.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_52386.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_79836.jpg

Let me know what you think!

I MaliGn take on the challenge of the ETL once more in the name or Lorgar Aurelian! For the Glory of the Dark Gods and for the Chaos Space Marine Forum by pledging to paint a pair of thrice-cursed Greater Possessed for a points total of 140 by 1st September. Failure will render me a pitiful wretch at the mercy of the Empyrean.

gallery_62155_11151_44962.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Good progress by everyone! I've had some delays but I'm clawing my way back into progress, so here's a quick update on my pair of greater possessed:

gallery_62155_11151_218159.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_278666.jpg

Loads still to do but I'm starting to get a feel for where they are going, not quite sure what effect to go for on the bigger claws, so I'm open to suggestions.

Good looking obliterator you got there, I really like the flames and the plasma effect!

Thanks Isengrin, I have today entered him into Everchosen, I don't expect to win on a global level, but the local prize sounds quite nice and perhaps within reach. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

So the obliterator didn't even place in my local everchosen, (the winner was a rather awesome Abbadon so no misgivings) nevertheless I have been making progress on the greater possessed.

gallery_62155_11151_162075.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_396045.jpg

That's a close up on the claw which reveals some of the messier bits.

gallery_62155_11151_261558.jpg

I've done a bit more on this guy but still need to finish it off.

So the obliterator didn't even place in my local everchosen, (the winner was a rather awesome Abbadon so no misgivings) nevertheless I have been making progress on the greater possessed.

Ah well, local meta is a thing in painting competitions as well I guess. I've seen people win their local Everchosen with much worse entries so don't worry about it. ;)

Ah well, local meta is a thing in painting competitions as well I guess. I've seen people win their local Everchosen with much worse entries so don't worry about it. ;)

Yeah I'm not too fussed, the staff member that I picked it up from after said he was surprised it didn't place, although we agreed that gold and silver were worthy of their places. Always the next time!

• 3 weeks later...