Pushing on with the two characters above, first up I have chopped the Lord Discordant to bits to try and remove the stoop from his stance, as photographed he is held together with white tack and hope. I'll play with it some more and try some pins etc to get it right.

gallery_62155_11151_340625.jpg

Secondly the dark apostle rider for the Helstalker, popular opinion was that the book looked better than the reins so I've gone for that, however I'm a bit unsure about his shoulder pads as the one from the disco lord seems very large compared to the raptor one I have on the other side. Going to play around with my options here and see where I get to.

gallery_62155_11151_251724.jpg

Also head is still temporary but posed based on a suggestion as staring down the chainglaive.

gallery_62155_11151_171673.jpg

Let me know what you think, make any suggestions etc.

Brilliant conversion! Perhaps the book should have more fire on top and more blood dripping on the bottom. :)

Thanks, that might be easier said than done...

Let me read you a tale from the good book my trusty steed.

*From my trusty steed ;-)

Today, while I waited for some Green stuff to cure on the soles of the new rider' boots and his shoulder pad (first time testing out my new silicon shapers) I pushed ahead with sorting out the Master of Possession.

I've sorted the issue where he was too stooped, and added some green stuff to the other knee to have him stand on the scenic base. I'll need to fill a few gaps here and there with more green stuff, figure out a few other bits and bobs, but I think I'm getting there.

gallery_62155_11151_28387.jpg

Keep the comments coming.

I shared the above photos on a couple of Facebook groups for 40k converters and kitbashers and had a fair bit of constructive criticism regarding the position of the left leg being too far forward leaving the model looking like there was no weight, so I cut it back off, altered the foot a bit and reattached which gets us here:

gallery_62155_11151_191387.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_36674.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_9561.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_174866.jpg

This adds motion, but further comments have suggested he is perhaps lunging a bit too much, since I have a suspicion that taking the left leg off again and trying to split the difference will ultimately be a bust I'm toying with the idea of creating some kind of cloth/loincloth arrangement to kinda bridge the gap between the two.

Any thought appreciated.

You will also notice that I switched the flames around on the backpack to that the sense of motion all goes in the same direction.

Anyway, all feedback appreciated.

I also feel that the gap between the legs is too large. It creates the impression of striding or running, which is not echoed in his upper body. The latter appears as if he is surveying the area before him or conjuring some kind of warp magic. Both of which do not align too well with the spaced legs. I wonder if it would be better to separate both parts of the model and combine them with different parts.

I also feel that the gap between the legs is too large. It creates the impression of striding or running, which is not echoed in his upper body. The latter appears as if he is surveying the area before him or conjuring some kind of warp magic. Both of which do not align too well with the spaced legs. I wonder if it would be better to separate both parts of the model and combine them with different parts.

I've given it one more go trying to get the left leg in something closer to the right place. I think this is as close as I'll get it without having to find an entire replacement leg which I am loathe to do as I worry about finding a replacement that will be the right kind of size as the Disco Lord is quite a large fellow.

gallery_62155_11151_99254.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_83411.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_281700.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_178552.jpg

Strategic positioning for a sermon/song? Channeling your inner JoJo because your stand is a daemon?

I'm.... Not quite sure what that means....

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, that definitely looks much better!

Worth taking the time over it.

Anyway I've started to apply paint to the Pastor Of Possession, early stages so done the drybrush layers and got the reds down.

gallery_62155_11151_56578.jpg

As you can see I am again using Sub-assemblies, bit unsure about how to do his cloak, thinking I may be able to go bone cloak and helmet, but with a trim pattern around the hood to set them apart. Input on this idea would be appreciated.

Pushed ahead with some more painting, can start to see how it's coming together now.

gallery_62155_11151_11442.jpg

I was nervous about the skull helmet and the cream cloth, but I think that adding the red line around the hood adds enough of a break between the colours that the head doesn't get lost, but I'm open to input.

Started playing around with the staff, quite and enjoyable process really just painting bits as they took my fancy, there's a fair bit left to do with it, looking to achieve a leather effect for the wrapping on the haft, I think the skull needs a little more work and the candles too. Few metal bits will need some final highlights and there is some straps and bits that need some work too.

gallery_62155_11151_139977.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_234289.jpg

I'm quite keen to get enough done so that I can attach it back to the rest of him and work on getting the cloak joined up and matched properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking really good. I'd probably still try to differentiate between the skull mask & the hood a little bit more, but it doesn't blend in too much as is. :)

Thanks, been a while since I did anything with him, but took what you had to say on board so I've run a second line of red around the hood.

Also fiddled some more with the staff and attached it to the body. Next up will be working on the NMM trim and playing around with whatever I feel like.

gallery_62155_11151_105697.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_25520.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_91461.jpg

Edited by MaliGn

Been pushing on with the Pastor of Possession, sorted his base out and his ball of flame.

gallery_62155_11151_176901.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_129094.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_2044.jpg

He's not attached to the base yet as there are some details on him that still need finishing - pouches, horns and iconography. I also need to finish off the backpack hopefully done by this time next week as I have a plan to enter the disco lord into an online painting competeition and I need to get a wriggle on with getting him painted or I'll not make it!

As ever, feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

He looks like leaning a bit too much forward compared to the last picture you had of him before painting. Or is that the camera angle messing with me?

I think the camera angle is not ideal, he's tricky to photograph on the base, here's an alternative look at the level of the base.

gallery_62155_11151_23867.jpg

I kind of like the way the orange of the wet palette lid reflects off him a bit in this photo, even though it's technically messing with the colours!

Also made some headway with his backpack

gallery_62155_11151_89748.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_52241.jpg

Speaking of war engines I'm back to the Lord Discordant!

I've finished pre-assembly and fiddling about I think, I haven't been able to get everything together at the same time because without glue the legs lack structural integrity.

So here's where I ended up with the rider:

gallery_62155_11151_158523.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_361365.jpg

I used the fleshtube-tastic backpack from the obsidus mallex model and added the mechatendrils although abandoned the concept of them gripping the gun.

And a close up of the head I decided to give him, carved from the Master of Possession model - what to do with the rest of that? I'm leaning towards making a Master of Executions.

gallery_62155_11151_8614.jpg

Here's all the bits waiting for some paint, I've decided to try and get him painted and entered into the Brush Beast competition I found on Facebook, so needs to be done by end of may.

gallery_62155_11151_73043.jpg

So today I got on with it and made a start on some basecoats

gallery_62155_11151_124540.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_55455.jpg

The plan is to paint the rider after the Helstalker.

Looking very nice! The flesh tube backpack fits really well with the mechadendrites and I love the use of the MoP head.

You're doing great things for Lorgar :tu:

Thanks, I just humbly muddle along trying to make things a little bit different. Because that's what the visions show me!

Pressed on with the reds across the Helstalker, I really like the stage when the orangey highlights go on they add a sense of heat to the model I reckon.

gallery_62155_11151_219694.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_175760.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_1709357.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_268199.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_94595.jpg

Edited by MaliGn

I thought I was mostly done with the reds and then I had second thoughts so I played with it a bit more, I gave it a couple of coats with a glaze of Wazdakka red and then used a slightly orangeier mix of the original highlight mix that was still on the wet pallette to go over the slightly higher up parts and top edges of panels. (In between I've also basecoated most of the fleshier/leather areas and the cables.)

gallery_62155_11151_38390.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_127947.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_95208.jpg

Nice! I think the slightly more orange highlight mix almost makes the reds look muscly, really fits the living metal/fleshy abomination of the Helstalker

Thanks, I think they've certainly added an element of that look with the grooves and ridges in the armour plating on the daemon engines range as a whole.

I'been busying myself with getting some headway on the flesh areas, which are done for now, but will have more attention once the adjacent metal areas are painted. I then moved on to the leather saddle and hood on the Helstalker's head -which is well creepy.

gallery_62155_11151_163926.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_21092.jpg

Aiming for a worn leather look here, hope it's coming across ok.

I then got myself wondering what to do with the bit at the back that hides behind the exhausts.

gallery_62155_11151_106535.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_153429.jpg

On one hand I know it will be largely hidden, but on the other I feel I should do something with it, toying with a bright blue - but don't want it to clash with the heatstaining effect I was planning for the exhaust itself or possibly oranges - someone suggested green but I don't really use green as a spot colour in this army so not sure about that either.

All suggestions welcome!