• 4 weeks later...

That's the Dark Vengeance chosen champion's mace yes? The skulls look to be moulded into the mace head to me rather than an attached trophy or something, so I would do it all gold.

That's the route I've opted for as you will see in a second.

You're a skilled modeler and painter, but as these are Chaos worshippers, shouldn't you add bloodstains while weathering the models?

Thanks, but when it comes to blood effects I do wonder about that but I find it difficult to make blood effect look convincing, and so to avoid ruining the rest of my work I tend to leave them alone.

Looking great! Really nice work.

I especially like the fleshy tubes, just warped enough!

Thanks, it's the technique I've been using across the range, works nearly on this model.

Back on track after a period of time working on a different project, made some progress on the warlord. Got plenty left to do but now he's a bit more complete, let me know what you think.

gallery_62155_11151_218935.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_41431.jpg

That's the Dark Vengeance chosen champion's mace yes? The skulls look to be moulded into the mace head to me rather than an attached trophy or something, so I would do it all gold.

That's the route I've opted for as you will see in a second.

You're a skilled modeler and painter, but as these are Chaos worshippers, shouldn't you add bloodstains while weathering the models?

Thanks, but when it comes to blood effects I do wonder about that but I find it difficult to make blood effect look convincing, and so to avoid ruining the rest of my work I tend to leave them alone.

Looking great! Really nice work.

I especially like the fleshy tubes, just warped enough!

Thanks, it's the technique I've been using across the range, works nearly on this model.

Back on track after a period of time working on a different project, made some progress on the warlord. Got plenty left to do but now he's a bit more complete, let me know what you think.

gallery_62155_11151_218935.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_41431.jpg

Head and staff from the old 6th ed starter kit Chosen leader I'm guessing?

:cuss: that's a gorgeous model. Such a menacing pose, and the different bits work perfectly. That red is dreamy and the fleshy tubes freak me out.

To be honest I like the shoulder orb being dark like it is now, sort of a sooty extra exhaust for the armour or the sinister warp energies within. Maybe done up like the metal detailing on the backpack, with lots of black?

:cuss: that's a gorgeous model. Such a menacing pose, and the different bits work perfectly. That red is dreamy and the fleshy tubes freak me out.

To be honest I like the shoulder orb being dark like it is now, sort of a sooty extra exhaust for the armour or the sinister warp energies within. Maybe done up like the metal detailing on the backpack, with lots of black?

Thanks, the pose mostly comes from GW! But that was why I chose him as the base model to get that air of menace.

You could do it dark green and glowey - like how I did the fists on these hellbrutes (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346143-the-judgment-on-kadeth-dr-ruminahuis-emperors-children/?p=5053619).

That could work, but I'm a little nervous about adding another spot colour to him, I'll keep thinking.

Spent time last night working on the base for my word bearers warlord, i've adapted my normal basing method to create this set of stairs. I would normally just edge with black and be done, which is what I have done here, I'm just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas for other things I could do with the quite large solid block of black that this has created.

Ps. Internet cookies for anyone who can I'd the chapter for the marine helmet.

gallery_62155_11151_148514.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_55201.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_33882.jpg

Pushed on a bit, got construction finished, and did the highlights on the metal trim, I still need to do runes and so on and the orb thingy on his shoulder that I still haven't decided what to do with.

Bit dark when I took the photos, but hey.

gallery_62155_11151_177900.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_17440.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_113680.jpg

Stunning work as always mate.

Thanks Freakshow, I've already made a start on a new project, I know I still need to finish the raptors but the lure of the Venom crawler was too great.

Also I entered the Warlord in my local Warhammer store's anniversary open competition and this happened:

gallery_62155_11151_687903.jpg

Pretty pleased as it was a public vote, and I'm not known to most of the patrons of the shop as I don't really play, so can't rely on friends voting for me in the general popularity contest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so while I was waiting for some materials for the venom crawler I thought I should go back to the raptors I was working on and finished up the second guy, here's some photos of the pair I have finished so far....

gallery_62155_11151_20670.jpg

The pair

The newly finished guy:

gallery_62155_11151_128498.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_45026.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_36924.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_108939.jpg

And the older one:

gallery_62155_11151_65987.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_116464.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_90318.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_106651.jpg

Next up I'm going to try and finish up my old krannon sorcerer conversion for another local painting competition.

So after further feedback I realised that I was perhaps being too conservative in my approach and I needed to push it further, I also realised that cutting away the circular vents being the back legs would create a new place to attach the back legs... This is where I ended up.

gallery_62155_11151_131634.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_262563.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_539711.jpg

I think I may be starting to get somewhere...