+ Sky above, Earth below, Fire within +

Dosjetka

I, Dosjetka, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Techmarine (with auspex, bolt pistol, power axe and servo-arm), five Servitors (four with servo-arms, one with multi-melta) and one Aegis Defence Line (with quad-gun and six barricades) from Codex: Space Marines and the Warhammer 40'000 Rulebook (Fortifications), of total value 290 points, on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Salamanders, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year's end.

gallery_45765_11772_286497.png

Before I go any further, I figured that finishing off my previous Salamanders was a pretty good idea. So, here are the first three almost-finished models:

gallery_45765_11772_613965.png

Mostly missing decals and bases. Might go back and do a bit more battle damage on the right-hand Marine.

Now, what's left to do:

gallery_45765_11772_483730.png

Should be done by early next week! :)

kizz: Thanks, mate!

SP: Thank you! Same here, but seeing as I already have some painted Salamanders, it makes it easier to get my painting mojo back as I can just dig them out of the box they're in and think "well, actually, these aren't too bad...". It works wonders, you know. :P

Thanks jimbo!

I've actually gone ahead and painted one of the servitors which I finished just this evening.

gallery_45765_12075_186434.png

The least I can say is that the style is radically different from my usual clean painting. But I think it looks good and it feels great to "let my hair down" and not worry about edge highlights for once. :P

Anyway, thoughts and feedback appreciated, as always! :)

Servitor looks beautiful, Dos. Is it based on the Scyllax? In any regard it looks lovely. The paint style in combination with the model's presentation reminds me quite strongly of poom's work. Just wonderful.

Hidden Content

You have no idea how much I'm trying not to tease you right now.

Damn.

Do you remember what I said last time?

I look forward to the project you'll start next month after you change your mind again. :P

Look at the date on it. Look at it! I don't really want to say I told you so, but, well, y'know.

I'm gonna suffer for this, aren't I?

And another! *slams servitor down onto the table*

gallery_45765_12075_445732.png

Not as happy with this one as yesterday's but hey, it's another painted model that I can cross off my list. smile.png

Psycho: Thanks! It is indeed a Forge World model but comes from this kit.

Regarding you last comment... well, all I can say is that you're wrong. If you look at the first post, you'll see why. msn-wink.gif

jimbo: I actually quite like the sorta-monochrome look to the models. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

As I've said elsewhere, that first servitor is quite excellent. I also really like today's addition, especially since I am not a fan of the stock model, and yet the gritty paintjob really adds a quality to it that improves (and redeems) the somewhat dodgy sculpt. Very nice!

Archived