Race's ETL Oath Blog

Race Bannon

Thank you Yak ^_^. Your Raptors inspired me when I started them. When I returned to 40k, I also returned from a "culling of thought" about what I wanted to do this round.

To answer your question takes another question: who's your daddy :lol:

So today was cleaning the Tempest of old paint day ... and it did not go as planned.  What I thought would be a simple scrub turned into the paint not coming off at all.  It's been two days in the bath.

Maybe the solution is old, in fact, it is.  But it worked for FW razorback turrets using the same paints two weeks ago.  So, I had a spare resin bit with older paint on it and I dumped it in a new container with fresh Super Clean.  If that works, then the Tempest goes in.

otherwise, I'll be on the Techmarine and Chaplain this week.

Bleh.

Not anymore!

I pulled out the resin piece dropped in Super Clean: "like new" is an understatement!  What I did not mention earlier was I also placed a metal "Wolverine" from the Battletech line.  For anyone in-the-know, this was the second tier cast resembling the Dougram Blockhead - the one from 3025 years.  The model was purchased circa 198something and had ancient paint on it.  After two days in Super Clean, I'll be a monkey's uncle if it's not cleaner than new.  I mean, the metal shines man.

Needless to say, not only did the Tempest get plunked in, but so did a bunch of old Battletech minis :tu:

So, timetables: at my current rate of hobby-work, I should have the Techmarine finished by Monday next week; Chaplain by Wednesday with the Tempest (at worst), the following Wednesday.  That'll get me 5 days (or 1 hobby-work day) ahead of closing for the win.

Nice.

Timetables refined. I'll be done on Wednesday woot.gif

So, I'll have three hobby-work days to work on a final vow if I have the moxie. I had slated two Thunderfires for either the current vow or the last one, but with the current time left, that would be a huge risk. One seems risky to me at this point, yet Semper suggests every vow made at any level will help. I mean, that's a lot of model for only 100 points wallbash.gif

Thoughts?

Archived