Order of the 100 Sigils

I just write a very long post, then pushed delete when cursor was not on text... "back" button... damn...

Very well, let's start again

DuskRaider asked me if I had a wip thread; I have now

These are my red Gray Knights (pun intended)

I wanted a dark red as in siglils, so I invented some fluff around it.

Long story short they are a secret grey knights chamber with even stonger ties with the Inquisition. Everyone of them is a sigil that holds prisoner a single powerful demon. They recruit from everywere (as they have to be always be as close to 100 as possible to contain the demon) expecially from other chapters, when some marine got too close or for too long with demons/warp and survives uncorrupted.

(cool excuse to add DA-BA-SW-SM bits)

They sat almost unpainted and rarely played, until the 30th marines anniversay Apocalypse battle in GW store in Genova

It was a "painted only" match, so I brushed them up in two weeks to tabletop acceptable quality and so they are now. (by the way, we lost the match ^^;;; )

I can't say they are really finished... Maybe they simply need some highlights, as everything I paint turns out to be someway dark (even after my attempts at light them up), but l'm afraid of bringing them to "blood angel's red" instead of the color I want them to be

So suggestions are welcome

Here three crappy pictures, better ones as soon as possible.

20160414 092253

20160414 092244

20160414 092250

Edit, new picture, even worst; my phone cam is leaving me, need to find out where I put the real camera (also need to learn from some tutorial on mini photography)

20160519 225357

My Grandmaster: Inspiration taken from early Archangel Michael iconography, especially for the red-blue-gold wings pattern

20160519 225412

The Librarian reference is... an old 80's movie about knights, wizards, dragons and kings... who gets it first?

20160519 225404

Blind fury, one of my favorite conversions

20160519 230144

Other three terminators/paladines... Yes, the guy on the left hods 2 space wolves assault cannons ^^ proud of the "clean" conversion, more pics of him soon

You are too kind

I see they have potential; shading Is well, ok, but as maybe you can see in some of the not-so-good new pics, they are kind of flat, not finished

Thing is: I think they need highligts, but I fear it may ruin the shading, or turn them into blood angels (done on one model; maybe wrong color or too much brush pressure)

So I need suggestion

TL:DR

Any good highlight suggestion - tutorial? ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How's it going here? Any updates to make? We'd love to hear from you in the ETL. smile.png

I'm still alive and kicking!

Unfortunately life came in the way, so I'm struggling with my painting position: soon I will show you my vow progress.

Probably I will not made other vows but I will finish the current one!

Archived