Wobbly Land Speeder Bases

Hello Battle Brothers!

I am building some land speeders and they all wobble on their bases.  Other than gluing the rod to the round base is there any ways to stop the land speeder from wobbling around on the rod? 

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes if its just that the bottom hole is to small, you can fill it in and make it deeper with greenstuff or similar, make the hole with the peg again, then let it dry.

Did you attach the ball/socket joint that connects the speeder to the flying stand? (Do they even come with those any more?)

The hole in the bottom of the speeder was designed to fit this, not the top peg of the flying stand.

i had good results magnetizing flying bases on eldar jet bikes and tanks...I glued the bottom of the post into the base and then magnetized the top of the post to the model.  i am going to do the same thing wit hthe javelins i'm currently building.

Magnets. But make the stand larger with the barrel of a ball point pen. Pack the end with putty and press a large rare earth magnet into the end, about 5 mm diameter.

I never did this of course, I used 4 2 mm magnets, which means more mucking about but it is so easy to pack models away once the base is removed. Just don't use too much putty as the magnets aren't super strong so too much weight can be a little annoying otherwise they will stand up to game conditions.

• 7 months later...

I literally base all my speeder bases. My magnets are 5x1 mm and it works perfectly. 

Alternatively, you could cut of the top end of the flying stand and make the hole somewhat bigger and dry fit it on the stand. 

You could still remove the speeder for transport.

Archived