+++The Fate of Gilgamesh+++

Awesome. I'll deploy them in Hive Akkadia, in order to fix there as many Necrons and Loyalists as possible. That will help us in gaining back the Desert that is south of your position thanks to a mechanized assault. If we both succeed we might get back two thirds of Warzone Uvsha'Rack.

In the meantime here are the units I painted during session 18:

Vindicator "Bane of Angels":

bane_o11.jpg

bane_o12.jpg

Squad Skaros:

skaros11.jpg

Squad Horkaan:

horkan13.jpg

Currently I'm working on two more Havoc Squads to be deployed in the Necropole and two Mechanized Legionary Squads to be engaged in Bartimeus' Desert. There should be other units but I'll focus on those ones for the moment.

Hunt well Brother.

Celtic_Cauldron

RESULTS for session 18

CHAOS 14597
ANGELS OF DEATH 4889
INQUISITORIAL CRUSADE 10801
ELDAR: 57
NECRON:3961

AS PER SECTORS:

CHAOS 9 = 24,3%
ANGELS OF DEATH 4 = 10,8%
INQUISITORIAL CRUSADE 16 = 43,2%
ELDAR: 1 = 2,7%
NECRON:7 = 18,9%
FREE OR CONTESTED: 0 = 0%

CUMULATED SCORES:

CHAOS 26320 = 42,4%
ANGELS OF DEATH 8725 = 13,6%
INQUISITORIAL CRUSADE  20813 = 33,3%
ELDAR: 1185 = 1,9%
NECRON: 5582 = 8,8%

SCORES G5:

CHAOS 33,4%
ANGELS OF DEATH 12,2%
INQUISITORIAL CRUSADE  38,2%
ELDAR: 2,3%
NECRON: 13,9%

Celtic_Cauldron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tactical report 20:

Brothers, this new update was hard to publish. Sorry for that.

Yet the war goes on on Gilgamesh and I must confess that this session 19 is by far the weirdest I've seen so far. The Chaos War Host is definitely crushing its opponents. We already pledged some 16100 points and a great deal of them is already validated. The Imperium is far behind us with 4800 points only, shortly followed by the NEcrons and their 4350 points. Aeldari are almost absent. On the battleground we have three different situations:

- the Northern Continent is 100% dominated by the Imperium which holds 5 out of 5 sectors there. As we have limited capabilities on that continent I requested our Brothers to maintain our presence in order to fix our enemies and deterre them from reinforcing their positions in the Western Continent. In the long run I don't see any major change in that area before Episode VI;

- the Eastern Continent is 50% ours and we managed to conquer 9 sectors there with little to no hope for the Imperial Armies to fill in the gap. As we deployed our Knights and Titans on those sectors it appears to me that we are quite secured. Next session, I'll redeploy some of our Brothers to extend our footprint and grab a couple more sectors;

- the Western Continent is where the struggle is the fiercest. Aeldari still held the Warpgate sector with no real assaults from anyone to steal this place from them. On the other hand both Necrons and Imperials are engaged in heavy combats throughout the continent and it's hard to tell who is stuck in the middle of the fightings. We assaulted the Necron Necropolis with my Legionaries and some Dark Mechanicum but still the robots are resisting to our fury. In Warzone Uv'Sharack Hive Akkadia is still defended by the Necrons also even if the Imperium deployed Death Watch Kill Teams and a Blood Angel Primaris Strike Force. Mount Uruk is still under Imperial domination and we struggle fiercely with the NEcrons in the Desert. A Death Guard motorized vectorium reinforced my Iron Warriors armoured detachment and I will have to commit at least one more Sicaran Battle Tank to gain this sector.

So there's a lot of good news and the best one is that we're back ahead of the followers of the Corpse God thanks to our strategy. I'm not expecting this trend to be reverted and our purpose in the future (and starting with next session) is to gain more sectors to secure our leadership and get a safe position when Episode VI will start next September, especially if the Tyranids are to come...

Ave Dominus Nox!

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

Your Plague Marines are actually very successful: quite a good deal of the forum's members really liked the paintjob your realized on them. On a more general level, they also noted how you achieved to make nice bases, especially on your Foetid Bloat Drone.

Good job Brother!

Celtic_Cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

Sicaran Battle Tank: Spear of Medrengard

20180112.jpg

20180111.jpg

20180113.jpg

Squads Peredur and Ptolemos from the Iron Warriors Legion:

20180115.jpg

20180116.jpg

Squad Torledon from the Black Legion:

20180114.jpg

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

Greetings Brothers!

Session 20's password is EFFACEMENT (the French name for Ahriman's Rubric). We won session 19 with a strong margin. I'll be publishing the official results later this week.

Already we started during the last four days some new assaults on Bartimeus' Desert with another Sicaran (this one for my Emperor's Children), in the Necropole and in the Relay (featuring Magnus the Red).

There will some extra-reinforcements on warzone Uv'Sharack as well but later.

Celtic_Cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

RESULTS for session 19

CHAOS: 16322
IMPERIUM: 6561
ELDAR: 515
NECRON:4571

AS PER SECTORS:

CHAOS: 12 = 32,4%
IMPERIUM: 17 = 45,9%
ELDAR: 2 = 5,4%
NECRON:6 = 16,2%
FREE OR CONTESTED: 0 = 0%

CUMULATED SCORES:

CHAOS 42642 = 47,1%
IMPERIUM 36099 = 39,8%
ELDARS: 1700 = 1,9%
NECRONS: 10153 = 11,2%

SCORES G5:

CHAOS 39,8%
IMPERIUM 42,9%
ELDARS: 3,7%
NECRONS: 13,7%

Celtic_Cauldron

celtic... have plenty of reinforcements to paint... are we looking at specific types for specific sectors or just points vs points? I'd really like to kill some eldar or Imperials, but will contribute reinforcements to where they are needed most. I'm working on some blightguard termies atm, but have many units in reserve.

@Eldrick: hum... We have many options:

- our advance in sector 13 is weak even though Necrons are getting less and less able to fight. This sector is a desert area so we can only deploy vehicles or infantry with a dedicated transport there;

- sector 6 is key because the most dangerous Imperial lapdogs are there and I want to maintain them in that place. In that sector it's simply points vs points with any kind of unit;

- you can help reinforcing our assault on sector 5 which offers a strategic asset (i.e. a comms relay) by deployingunits that can deepstrike like Blightlords / Raptors and Chaos Daemons;

- if you want some Eldar fun, you can also use deepstriking units in sector 16 which is 100% Eldar.

So what's your choice? Just be careful because this session is only two months long and will end by March 31st.

@Sagentus: Greetings Brother!!! Welcome into the Chaos War Host, you've just signed in! We love World Eaters and there's enough skulls to collect for each and any of us. Do you have any question prior to any deployment?

Celtic_Cauldron

Thank you Celtic. Is there any specifics that i should paint? Hq, troops, elite, etc.?

Not totally sure on the rules of play here

Edit. Just read your whole last post. Looks interesting. Do i only post pics of complete units? And where i want them to fight?

Edited by Sagentus

Eldrick sum it up well.

Regarding your cultists, they won't fit in if they are already half done. At most a unit shall not be more than primed to be deployed.

I talked to my fellows on the main Forum and I decided to deploy your basecamp in sector 30. This part of the Western Continent is free of any Chaos Lord and therefore the Imperial domination there is quite weak with only 705 points validated for them. Our purpose is to take advantage of this situation to open a new front and force the loyalist forces to split their effort in many more directions.

From sector 30, you'll also be able to deploy units in sector 31 (infantry only), 26 (deepstriking units), 37 (Flyers only), plus Daemons in any sector where Marked units are already acting.

Celtic_Cauldron