+++The Fate of Gilgamesh+++

@Carrack: by mentionning "not too far into painting", our Brother Beachymike wants to say that minis cannot be more than primed on the primal picture (as shown on Avoghaï's example in first post). You can also show them just built or still on sprue.

Celtic_Cauldron

Wouhou!!!

Great news Carrack!!

In order to make things easier for you, do not hesitate to contact me directly and ask any question that might be of help for your integration within the War Host.

Two questions if you don't mind for the sake of good coordination:

- are you contemplating simply posting here or will you join us directly on the Gilgamesh Forum?

- do you have any clue about your future second vow for ETL? That might give me some hindsight to advise you when things will comme about chosing sectors for deployment.

Many thanks for your answers and welcome once again.

Come on Brothers, get your share of Imperial skulls!!

Celtic_Cauldron

@Carrack: that's perfect as long as you chose the solution that suits you best. And don't worry about the size of your vow: as on Gilgamesh each unit must be anyway deployed on a separate topic it does not matter whether you post one or multiple units at the same time. The fact is that people do what they can according to their own characteristics as painters and IRL situation so we have both kind of population within the War Host: Berserkers and casual painters.

I take into consideration your Dreadnought. Let me have a check on the tactical situation and I will propose you some sectors to adress.

Once you feel ready, just join. I'll be there to guide you out in the Hive.

Celtic_Cauldron

Once you feel ready, just join. I'll be there to guide you out in the Hive.

Celtic is a great guide to the world of Gilgamesh. He will join in some good banter as well and if you have any questions just ask - he usually responds pretty quickly (like, Captain Semper style quick, which I question whether he has a touch of Astropath in him). 

Join us brother Carrack. Join us in the glorious slaughter of the weakling Imperials, where we shall claim the world as ours. Come and join us and gather your spoils. 

Brothers, here is the second tactical report for session 12 of the Gilgamesh Campaign.

General situation:

DAs have scored 6655 points so far whereas we can only count on 2786 for ourselves which means we're far behind them by more than 3800 points. That's not satisfying but can be explained quite easily. On the one hand, their Warlord Titan is a major bonus to the the Imperial countdown, on the other hand almost any active Imperial warrior posted at least one topic including new recruits or former allies who have decide to make a come back. We're facing the opposite situation... Some more green warriors should come back in the coming weeks.

As for the War Host, the roll call is a source of preoccupation but we are furthermost penalized that those among us registered as on active duty have not yet posted their first topic, due to real life issues for most of them, whereas the absence of response from other Brothers is not reassuring. Therefore we can see that Imperial gained the initiative at sector level and that we're almsot unable to take it back...

At sector level (main sectors):

- in the Chapel, the Green Ones are now 1622 points ahead of us mostly because of a major assault we were not able to counter attack;

- in the Librarium, we managed to push back a first assault but they performed a second on which allows them to keep a 589 points advance;

- in the Lava River, we're getting back thanks to our first topic. Therefore we are only 25 points late;

- in the Strongholds have we done nothing yet and Orar's Warlord allowed the DAs to gain the sector and cumulate an advance of 997 points.

On other sectors is the situation mainly unchanged: we comforted our positions with some minor topics, mainly in Fort Nox and the Palace.

How are we going to react?

The Plan will remain unchanged at least for the time being.

The following sectors will remain our priorities: the Lava River, the Librarium and the Reliquary. To those three, I will add the Strongholds and we will also continue our effort in the Core Reactor.

Brothers I can't imagine a Warlord stealing this victory from us... Real life is a plague to us but we must gather and focus our strengths in order to make the current situation evolve towards a more classic one which means compensating our losses.

Brothers the War Host need you more than ever. We do have the capability to counter the Imperial Astartes and their minions but that implies that the Frater here on B&C help us demonstrate that the Chaos community is no vain concept and have the ability to unite and crush any other army...

Hunt well.

Celtic_Cauldron

Brothers, here is the third tactical report for session 12 of the Gilgamesh Campaign.

General situation:

DAs have added 255 points and are now with a global potential score of 6910. Our own effort is higher and we now have a global score of 3436. In spite of issues linked to real life subjects, the War Host is starting its come back: we are almost one Warlord late compared to our Imperial Cousins which means that we are as efficient as they are.
The roll call is still a source of preoccupation but we decided to be true to one of our greatest traditions: doing some black magic with only scarce ressources. It happened to work quite well in the past when Eldar where deploying Titans and Knights in each and every sector.

- in the Chapel, the Green Ones are now 1877 points ahead of us. We still have difficulties to adress this sector;

- in the Librarium, we managed to get some points back and are now only 429 points behind DAs;

- in the Lava River, nothing to report. We are still only 25 points late;

- in the Strongholds the most exciting part is to come...

On other sectors is the situation mainly unchanged: we comforted our positions with some minor topics, mainly in Fort Nox and the Palace.

Also, we deployed more troops in the Reactor: we started S12 with only 100 points, we now have 1323 points and more to come.

Tactical assesment

The Plan and tactical priorities will remain unchanged.

We have a particular talent to recover from our losses and fight back. We also have a talent to be not defeated by the Angels. We will capitalize on those talents to prove once again that we rule this Hive and give the DAs, BAs and whatever enemy we might face that no one can challenge the War Host and hope beating it... It will take time and some effort but we're going to succeed because we are the only true army in this campaign, not a collection of individuals...

The B&C members' roll of honour:

1st Celtic_Cauldron: 805 points pledged (324 points completed)

2nd Beachymike123: 641 points pledged (189 points completed)

3rd ... who amongst you Brothers?

Hunt well.

Celtic_Cauldron

@Uveron: That is great news Brother Uveron!!

Like I told Carrack the War Host will welcome you and your Legionaries once the latter will be ready for insertion. So take your time with your Knights. In the meanwhile, feel free to ask any question you may think about in order to help you being ready. Purpose remains to make things easy for you.

@Carrack: I have a sector for your future Dreadnought. I have two or three détails to check before sending you a proposal thanks to a PM. That will be done tomorrow.

Celtic_Cauldron

I smell something sweet... Victory?

Proposal for deployment order sent to Carrack.

@Uveron: If I may ask: do you already have any idea about your next ETL vow? This might be of use when considering future deployments. If so, could you please share this information with me?

Thanks in advance Brother.

Celtic_Cauldron

Proposal for deployment order sent to Carrack.

@Uveron: If I may ask: do you already have any idea about your next ETL vow? This might be of use when considering future deployments. If so, could you please share this information with me?

Thanks in advance Brother.

Celtic_Cauldron

I have sent you a PM... 

@Blackheart1223: Greetings Brother and thank you for your question.

Yes, Renegade Knights do count and will be much appreciated.:wub.:

The three main things that have to be taken into account to make them eligible for the Gilgamesh Campaign:

- minis cannot be more than basecoated;

- initial pictures shall incorporate the session's password (INVICTUS);

- each unit will be adressed in its own thread (so one picture per Knight in your case).

I give those elements in advance in order to make things easier to you.

Happy  to answer any further question.

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

Thank you. The Tyrant shall not be found wanting, so he shall pledge 2 knights from the Swords of Impurity Renegade Knight house.

Knight #1-2 Avenger Gatling Cannons and Stormspear Rocket Pod (475 points)

Knight #2-Thermal Cannon and Twin Icarus Autocannon (405 points).

I'll get the still on sprue pics together this weekend.

Welcome to the War Host Brother!!

Your Knights will be deployed in the sector entitled the Arbites' Strongholds: they'll face some Loyalist Knights and will provide the right level of support in our quest to destroy this Warlord Titan...

Just one question I have to ask:

Will you join the War Host directly on the Gilgamesh Forum or do you prefer posting your pics here (in this case, I will personnally create and update your topics and report here the comments or questions posted by my fellows)?

There is no "best" solution as it depends on your desire to have direct interactions or not with the rest of the War Host (I mean the non-B&C Legionaries). So the choice is yours according to your preferences.

Thanks again.

Celtic_Cauldon

Actually the forum is 100% bilingual (I translated it myself) except for the fluff part (but that is to change...) and some "buttons" (like the "quote/edit/multiquote" trilogy, but that's something I can fix with a dedicated glossary for missing data ). Beachymike123 will confirm you if the quality of the translation is good enough to allow you to navigate easily in the forum.

Celtic_Cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical report n°4.

General situation:

DAs have added 1176 points and are now with a global potential score of 8086, with 1946 points already completed.

Our own effort is slightly superior to theirs and we added 1543 more points to reach a global score of 4979. Regarding completion we're almost on a par as for percentages (respectively 22 and 24%) but that represents only a bit above 1270 points completed so far. Nevertheless can we remain confident in our capabilitiy to reduce the gap between the War Host and the loyalist forces: week after week do we gain more points and we're just about to reach this session's halve.

The roll call is still a source of preoccupation but the fact is that Carrack, Uveron and Blackheart's arrivals will bring some fresh blood as Beachymike did earlier this session. We can hope that they'll be an example for other Brothers to join.

- in the Chapel, the Green Ones are now 1877 points ahead of us. We still have difficulties to adress this sector;

- in the Librarium, we increased our presence but the DAs managed to counter attack. Yet, we're still  399 points behind DAs. Some extra units (including Carrack's Dreadnought) are ready for deployment and things should get better in the coming weeks. On the long run and because our potential is much better than the Imperial's should we grab this sector;

- in the Lava River, nothing to report. We are still only 25 points late. At least one or two more flyers are expected which should give us at least temporary control over this area;

- in the Strongholds we managed to deploy some units. The gap's only 550 points and we are on the verge of a future massive assault with BlackHeart's Knights acting as our spearhead;

- in the Psychic Reliquary did we deploy a Deamon Prince. We're now able to lock this sector. Yet some other Tzeentchian units will be added to our forces in order to secure this sector.

On other sectors is the situation mainly unchanged.

Tactical assesment

The Plan and tactical priorities will remain unchanged.

DAs are quite still way ahead of us but their forces are mainly stuck with on-going subjects. Actually the main threat remains the DA Admin who's able to paint a lot of super heavies in quite a short amount of time, including some more IKs. Nonetheless, other loyalist warriors are less efficient and it might appear that we can take advantage from this by compensating with many trustworthy Legionaries. At sector level, the main objectives are achieved or achievable. Some more effort will be necessary to complete them but as we managed to secure other sectors in the past sessions can we focus more efficiently.

1st Celtic_Cauldron: 943 points pledged (324 points completed)

2nd Beachymike123: 641 points pledged (189 points completed)

3rd ... who amongst you Brothers?

Awaiting for first deployment: Carrack, Uveron, Blackheart1223.

Hunt well.

Celtic_Cauldron

OK

Celtic_Cauldron. The following are the Units ready for deployment.

++ Chaos Space Marines: Supplement - Black Legion (342pts) ++

Chaos Lord (140pts) [Terminator Armour, The SpineShiver Blade]

gallery_63905_11231_112890.jpg

Chaos Lord (202pts) [Lightning Claw, Mark of Tzeentch, Sigil of corruption, Terminator Armour, The Hand of Darkness]

gallery_63905_11231_1396141.jpg

++ Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) 510pts) ++

Sorcerer (125pts) [Dimensional Key, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar]

gallery_63905_11231_836868.jpg

Sorcerer (130pts) [Mark of Tzeentch, Power Armour, Power Sword, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar]

gallery_63905_11231_1547797.jpg

Sorcerer (110pts) [bike, Power Armour, Power Sword, Spell familiar]

gallery_63905_11231_881250.jpg

Sorcerer (145pts) [Gift of mutation (10pts), Jump Pack (15pts), Mark of Tzeentch (15pts), Power Armour, Scrolls of Magnus (45pts)]

gallery_63905_11231_767986.jpg

Uveron,

I, Celtic_Cauldron, Lord Executor of the Chaos War Host on Gilgamesh, welcome your Legionaries among our numbers.

Your four Sorcerers have just been deployed within the Psychic Reliquary. The sector should be completely locked down by the end of this session.

Your two Chaos Lords have just been deployed in the Governor's Palace. There, they will maintain our advance on the filthy Eldar.

All six topics were created according to the Plan. I will keep them updated and report here all comments that my fellows may make on the Gilgamesh Forum.

To all Frater:

Beachymike and Uveron opened the way to you. Carrack and Blackheart will soon join to reinforce our positions on Gilgamesh and deliver the blow that will put an end to the pathetic Imperial effort to contest our superiority.

Will you ignore this opportunity to share our glory?

Death to the False Emperor!!

Celtic_Cauldron

@Uveron: your 6 units have been appreciated:

- Our Chaos Brethren welcome you and your massive contribution;

- Many players commented very positively about your four Sorcerors and the quality of the customization you performed.

Tactical report n°5.

General situation:

DAs have added 615 points and are now with a global potential score of 8701, with still 1946 points already completed.

Our own effort is once more superior to theirs and we added 982 more points to reach a global score of 5961. Regarding completion we're almost on a par as for percentages (respectively 22 and 26%) but that represents for us only  1792 points completed so far.

Even if the gap is still impressive (2740 points) now are we less than a Warlord Titan behind the Green Ones and we follow the right trend. Uveron was decisive in this and Blackheart will also be once he confirms his two Knights.

Nonetheless is the roll call still a source of preoccupation but with Carrack and Blackheart's future arrivals in addition to the efforts provided by Uveron and Beachymike  plus the actual potential assaults that my other brothers can lead... well we can still contemplate to achieve victory. Yet, the more we will be the greater will be our victory so I still hope for other Brothers to join us.

- in the Chapel, no evolutions: the Green Ones are now 1877 points ahead of us;

- in the Librarium, we increased our presence but the DAs managed to gain some advance there. Yet, we're now  644 points behind them. But extra units (including Carrack's Dreadnought) are ready for deployment and things should get better in the coming weeks. On the long run and because our potential is much better than the Imperial's should we grab this sector;

- in the Lava River, nothing to report. We are still only 25 points late. One Brother will do what is necessary to conquer this sector for the War Host in the coming weeks (most probably this week);

- in the Strongholds we managed to deploy some more units. The gap's currently only 430 points and we are on the verge of a future massive assault with BlackHeart's Knights acting as our spearhead plus some more Legionaries, Chosen and a Baneblade;

- in the Psychic Reliquary did Uveron play a massive role in the current situation. We're now some 1570 points ahead of the Eldars (our main threat) and there should be no changes in this.

On other sectors is the situation mainly unchanged. Just notice that Uveron's added enough points in the Palace to secure this sector even though Eldar dregs were already very unlikely to come back (but it's a good point in order to prepare session 13).

Tactical assesment

The Plan and tactical priorities will remain unchanged as we can achieve all our major goals at sector level.

DAs are still way ahead of us but their forces are mainly stuck with on-going subjects. Actually the main threat remains the DA Admin who's able to paint a lot of super heavies in quite a short amount of time, including some more IKs. Nonetheless, other loyalist warriors are less efficient and it might appear that we can take advantage from this by compensating with many trustworthy Legionaries. I made some calculations based on past sessions and forecasted deployments:

- DAs have a global potential that I assess around 2500 / 3000 points which is mainly concentrated on one or two of their warriors;

- In the same time our own potential is somewhere in the 4200s with a breakdown as follow:

o around 1700 points for B&C Frater (including myself);

o around 2500 points for pure Gilgamesh members.

That means we can achieve victory, even a marginal one, provided we remain on the same path. That means also that any extra unit will be of use in order to confort my estimation and release the pressure on the War Host. So you will all understand that we're still looking for warriors to join us, directly on the Gilgamesh forum or here.

DAs and their minions are pretty much convinced that we already have lost this session. I can read it every day on the Gilgamesh's chat box. Let's teach them a lesson they are not to forget, a lesson I've been witnessing every day for the last two years on Gilgamesh and during ETL: that we are a true community and a true faction, something we can legitimately be proud of.

Let's punish them for the sin of their very arrogance...

1st Celtic_Cauldron: 1073 points pledged (540 points completed)

2nd Uveron: 852 points pledged (0 point completed)

3rd Beachymike123: 641 points pledged (189 points completed)

4th ... who amongst you Brothers?

Awaiting for first deployment: Carrack, Blackheart1223.

Hunt well.

Ave Dominus Nox!

Death to the False Emperor!

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron