+++The Fate of Gilgamesh+++

@Eldrick: Thanks Brother. The hanging corpse on the close combat one is part of the kit from FW.

Congratulations on your Nurglings: the scenery is, as always, a pleasure to look at and I cannot prevent myself from searching for all the little details.

Finally, I take into account your two new units. Could you just tell me which weapons will be installed on the Crawler, please?

Working good, Brothers!

Celtic_Cauldron

That is a good start Brother but may I propose some recommendations to easily improve the final results?

- I'd paint all the harnesses and helmets'pipes on the Raptors in leadbelcher + Nuln Oil: that should give more depth to the armour by suggesting different layers of various pieces of wargear;

- same remarks with the energy cables: two options. First, same combination of leadbelcher and Nuln Oil. Second one, use a complementary colour and associated shade to show the flow of energy. If you feel confident enough, a light dry brush with a clearer colour will add even more depth;

- trims: I know that they may prove an ordeal to most of us but I consider them as a good thing in general as they contribute also to the depth I am talking about. I would do them all, even on the jetpacks (those are easy ones);

- I would also contrast the chainswords and boltpistols by painting the arrows and skulls in Gold. This kind of details adds much to the figures once completed.

I am not a great painter myself but with simple techniques and a good level of attention to details like these, the result may prove beyond your own expectations. I am sure our Brother Eldrick will have even more tips to provide you with. If you are looking for some inspirations on Night Lordish Raptors, here are some  pictures of my own ones:

kon_dr10.jpg

kon_dr11.jpg

kon_dr12.jpg

egilst13.jpg

berthk10.jpg

berthk11.jpg

berthk12.jpg

egilst14.jpg

egilst15.jpg

I also add here my Black Legion Raptors as they are quite monochromatic but are nonetheless not simplistic:

20200327.jpg

20200326.jpg

20200324.jpg

On all those units (well actually on ALL my units) I used only those simple techniques.

Hope that will help to go even further!

Celtic_Cauldron
20200325.jpg

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

Thanks for the feed back. I just might go further. In the pics you show, I forgot how much I loved those old jump packs. If I had those on the new bodies, oh ya. Thanks and see what I can do in between all these others I'm working on, too many armies. I keep shifting to avoid burnout. Plus I want to wash out the bases, just not enough contrast.

I spent this afternoon working them over. I will take pics and post after they dry this evening. Thanks for the push, I'm a lot happier with them now. How long until this comp is over?

20200429-181731.jpg

20200429-181717.jpg

20200429-181830.jpg

And now, TAA DAA!

Edited by Dread

See? Working on those tiny little details can change everything.

I am happy that you managed to cross that line and the result is beyond your first expectations. Therefore you have a new standard, congratulations!!!

To answer your last question: current session will be over on May 31st. If you want to add something, feel free to do it. Yet don't put yourself in a hurry as I think you want to be 100% sure to meet the deadline. There will be another session starting in June and which will last three months.

Good job, Dread!

Celtic_Cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

Some new completions on my side:

20200513.jpg
20200512.jpg
20200514.jpg
20200515.jpg

20200522.jpg
20200521.jpg
20200520.jpg
20200523.jpg

20200510.jpg
20200511.jpg

20200451.jpg
20200450.jpg
20200452.jpg

I still a squad of Legionaries and some Havocs awaiting completion but they will make it on time.

@Eldrick: any update on your side.

Celtic_Cauldron

@Dread: No, Brother, we keep it as it is. I appreciate your proposal but I do not want you to paint in a rush and sacrifice quality.

On my side, here are my last units:

20200528.jpg
20200529.jpg
20200527.jpg

20200531.jpg
20200530.jpg
20200532.jpg

If our Brother Eldrick can complete his daemons and Death Guards, then it is a 100% completion rate for us.

Celtic_Cauldron

Session 31 is over and even though we lost to the Loyalist and their Aeldari allies we managed to stay on the right track towards victory. The War Host bent but went through the storm.

I will post the final scores once validated by the admins.

Session 32 started yesterday and the session's password is: XENOCIDE. (an appropriate term, isn't it?) It will last until August 31st, so three months to destroy as many enemies as possible.

Are you with us on that one?

I confess I'd like to have more Brothers: we were outgunned and outnumbered by the Imperial Dregs and the filthy Xenos and we had to produce a huge effort to keep the pace. But that's the Long War so I guess it is normal.

Congratulations to both of you: the B&C part has a 100% completion rate and that is something!

Death to the False Emperor!

Celtic_Cauldron

I'll be in it this time more prepared. Now that I'm changing things back to Nightlords, the army I've always had in the past, and have my scheme figured out it will be easier to produce. Also got another box of raptors recently so... ;)

Only problem is I have the 5 painted raptors and 5 warp talons...so what to do with the new box? Suggestions?

Edited by Dread