+++The Fate of Gilgamesh+++

That's a good question, Dread. From my perspective I would say more Raptors first and then more Warp Talons but other Brothers may have different opinions and experiences.

As a Night Lord player I am not relying on our morale tricks and would rather add more firepower at close range to harass the opponent.

Yeah... I know I am not helping a lot.

Celtic_Cauldron

On the contrary, you're more than helpful. I was thinking the same thing. Flank each raptor squad and use talons to force push thru. My other unit has plasma pistols galore, I'm thinking a meltas squad with the new. What do you think?

We can only hope that 9th Edition will be more melta-friendly than 8th. I am still using a lot of meltaguns and have always been since 2nd Edition but plasma is currently more efficient at close range as an antitank weapon.

Nonetheless, I guess things are to evolve a bit if we consider the fact that GW is about to push for new Primaris using meltas... So yes, melta are still an option that you should give a chance. Besides it is not hard to replace the melta with a plasma gun thanks to the plastic Raptor kit.

Celtic_Cauldron

Ok Brothers, here are the :

RESULTS for session 31

ALLIANCE : 14685 points
CHAOS : 13000 points
ORKS : 4853 points

The Alliance is now slightly ahead of the Green Skins.

And now the map as of June 1st:

carte_18.jpg

Celtic_Cauldron

Brothers, a quick update. I have been organizing some internal micro-challenges within the War Host for the sake of fun (one challenge per session so far).

The second challenge took place during Session 31 and was about basing. The result is that our Brother Eldrick won this challenge with his Nurglings! Eldrick, my Brother, congratulations!

The good thing is that Eldrick will have the duty to judge the new challenge which is about converting a unit (scenery being excluded). Therefore he will not compete (no conflict of interests! ^^).

I will proceed this way: by the end of the session I will post pictures from all the candidates here on the B&C so that the review can be performed and a winner designated. I will then transfer your decision on the main forum.

Hope that is fine with you.

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

Celtic, I have a competition inquiry: I have some barricades I'd like to paint up, but I want them to count towards the competition. otherwise, Ill paint other units. Will it count towards competition if i am painting terrain pieces technically? Any ideas?

@Eldrick: yes they will count towards the global competition (aka the Campaign) but not for the mini-challenge which is limited to actual fighting units. Yet you can still add other units, of course. ;-)

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

• 3 weeks later...

@Eldrick: your units have been deployed in sector 18 in order to support a local assault we have there.

The session is going well on most sectors but combats are fierce with the Orks and Loyalists. We've just gained the upper hand on sector 36 and are on the verge of claiming sector 1 back.

@Dread: Depending on what you will propose I will deploy your forces either in sector 36 or sector 35.

Nota to other Frater reading this topic: all reinforcments are welcome! We have blood to spill, skulls to collect and Glory to achieve!

Celtic_Cauldron

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dread,

Sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss. Please accept my sympathy and prayers.

Please take the time you feel as necessary to spend time with your family. As the good Doctor said, if painting can help you to recover, that's good. If not then take your time and be assured that we will welcome you back when you will feel better.

Take care Brother.

Celtic_Cauldron

Thank you all! My bestie is keeping me busy. He just got me the necron part of the box and my local game store, so have 2 sets to build. As soon as I get done with glue, the brushes will be flying. I'll be pledging a havoc squad and 2 oblits, nightlords you ask, hmm, maybe not. Feeling red, maybe.

Session 31 is over and even though we lost to the Loyalist and their Aeldari allies we managed to stay on the right track towards victory. The War Host bent but went through the storm.

I will post the final scores once validated by the admins.

Session 32 started yesterday and the session's password is: XENOCIDE. (an appropriate term, isn't it?) It will last until August 31st, so three months to destroy as many enemies as possible.

Are you with us on that one?

I confess I'd like to have more Brothers: we were outgunned and outnumbered by the Imperial Dregs and the filthy Xenos and we had to produce a huge effort to keep the pace. But that's the Long War so I guess it is normal.

Congratulations to both of you: the B&C part has a 100% completion rate and that is something!

Death to the False Emperor!

Celtic_Cauldron

Is it still possible to join up? I've been doing lots of painting this year as part of the 12 Months of Hobby but only just discovering this thread in the forum. Still have plenty more to paint before the end of the year.