To Recover the Past... [OW/DW] OOC Thread

To Recover the Past...

OOC Thread (Out of Character)

Hello; this thread is to meet and discuss the prologue thread, and to hash out any issues that might arise.

As far as posts in this thread; please use the sign up thread to sign up.

Please only post in this thread if you are in, which will be listed in the sign-up thread.

As far as the IC Thread is concerned; the first major incident on this story arc is the meeting with the Inquisitor, to find out if you can be trusted with the mission she has for each Astartes sent to her. Each of you has been hand picked; something about you, your performance in and on prior missions, has marked you in some way, such that this one Inquisitor wants you to face a choice, and is already testing you, for reasons she appears to not want, or, not be able to go into at this time.

What's on the Dataslate will likely be input into both threads, the IC and OOC ones.

Please roll up characters on a PDF Editable Character Sheet. It should be in the Conversion thread.

My character is also finished (I think), subject to Karack's approval as the GM.  I'm excited!

I copied Skinrider's format (thank you sir) to make things a little uniform.

OOC note, the IC thread has been updated as Boudan is taking some initiative and proceeding in the story.

As far as setting, what sort of Imperium do you all prefer story interaction wise goes?

Are we talking on rails and proceeding from one objective to another, or, a more open world sort of thing? I can try to do both, however, one will likely win out overall. I'd prefer to keep all of you in the game, so please, do provide honest feedback; just keep it civil, and follow board rules.

I'm willing to consider other options as well.

I'm up for anything, but my preference is for there to be a little bit of a trail to follow story-wise. If that's rails, then call me caboose.

Can you elaborate what you mean by what sort of imperium? The enormous, corrupt, vicious, bureaucratic and xenophobic nightmare that is humanity's only hope!

I should have my character finished in the next couple of days.

The Imperium should be a Feudal empire where a small percentage have vast power and the vast majority toil and die without ever leaving their birth planet. Imperial organizations are vast and cumbersome to the point that entire planets get lost in the beurocracy. These organizations squabble and vie for control. In the end the Imperium is a vast totalitarian state, where the overwhelming majority of people have little to no rights. Yet the Imperium is humanities only hope for survival in the grim darkness of the far future.

I'm up for anything, but my preference is for there to be a little bit of a trail to follow story-wise. If that's rails, then call me caboose.

Can you elaborate what you mean by what sort of imperium? The enormous, corrupt, vicious, bureaucratic and xenophobic nightmare that is humanity's only hope!

I should have my character finished in the next couple of days.

The Imperium should be a Feudal empire where a small percentage have vast power and the vast majority toil and die without ever leaving their birth planet. Imperial organizations are vast and cumbersome to the point that entire planets get lost in the beurocracy. These organizations squabble and vie for control. In the end the Imperium is a vast totalitarian state, where the overwhelming majority of people have little to no rights. Yet the Imperium is humanities only hope for survival in the grim darkness of the far future.

No problem, to each of you.

The rails reference is to a story, with a very clearly delineated progression, as opposed to, a more freeform and free to explore sort of story.

The Imperium I was questioning about is more along the lines of the above; there's very little I can change in the fluff and still call it the Imperium of Mankind.

As each of you, IC, is an Astartes of the possibly finest amongst your Chapter, well, it's just a little feedback I was looking for as to how much on rails and off rails my current party dynamic is willing to have of each, as it were. So, without further ado, for those that are able, please reply into the IC thread; as stated therein, the first and third (my) posts will repeat for all characters that have been generated thus far in my game.

I think a bit of rails might be fine, if we were doing this face-to-face then more of a sandbox would be good. But in a PBP we're going to be moving incredibly slowly as it is.

I'd suggest just sticking with the Imperium as it's described in 40k material. But as you say, it's 001M42 so you can have things happen that's outside the bounds of what the books describe. 

I look forward to seeing your character Black Cohort.

I will take that information into consideration, thanks all.

As far as the IC thread goes, please note that I will be rather busy this weekend, however, the early stages of the next post are slowly percolating in my head as I type this today. Please also note that as this is the Memorial Day Weekend in the States, there's the very real possibility this will be a little while before I am able to effect the next post out into typed text; on that note, please bear with me, as I do mean to continue this story, and see what becomes of you four for some time.

I haven't done online type by post in this way before, especially for WH40K; thanks for the great introductions, and I will endeavor to hammer out a worthy scenario!

I'm cool with whatever, honestly! Rails can be a good thing to have at points when theres a big narrative hook that you want us to do stuff with it but having Sandbox moments also help the players not feel stifled.

Healthy mix of both ^_^

Oh my!

If I may ask, what Pattern of Multi Melta is she offering? Maxima (DW Core) or Firestorm (RoB)? Because I'd be very interested in taking one in place of my Heavy Bolter.

Here's as a preliminary list:

• Combi-Tool 15
  • Melta Bombs 12 (Rites of Battle)
  • Bolter w/ Fire Selector 7
  • Hellfire Rounds 25 for Bolter

1 Req Left over.

Glad to see some Deathwatch on here.  After all, it is only natural on this board to have a Space Marine RP!

Good work so far in the IC Thread!  I am interested in following along.   

Igorot will requisition:

Kraken Rounds (free for Tactical Marine)

Metal Storm Rounds 15

Power Lance 10 (from the book 'First Founding')

Stummer 5

De-tox 10

Astartes cluster mines 5

Telescopic sight 6

1 req over, but lovely Slipstreams will let me use his 1 remaining I hope

Hey guys, speaking of requisitioning squad-mates.

From playing an apothecary in another game I know they heal you you up by about 16 on average for every first-aid so they can be damn powerful in a fight, and they really get this without sacrificing anything. (Apothecary special heals by +1d5, normal is int bonus and narthecium doubles all healing). Even any space marine with average Int score and a narthecium (10 req points) can heal us by 8 points, as long as he has the Medicae skill.

I'm guessing a techmarine would also be invaluable to us since this is REALLY tech focused, in fact the entire campaign is. I'd love to actually just see a player in this seat.

For this mission a scout would be handy as well as far as the Inquisitor recommends.

So the question is: How many squad mates can we ask for? and can we get a 5th player in here?

I'm also hoping to have another person in one of those roles, I had started trying to ask these questions in-character but I had to sleep before I could finish editing. I'll post something tonight IC if no one beats me to it. I'm thinking both IC and OOC that the Inquisitor might be hinting strongly that a scout would be important to our mission.

Hey guys, speaking of requisitioning squad-mates.

From playing an apothecary in another game I know they heal you you up by about 16 on average for every first-aid so they can be damn powerful in a fight, and they really get this without sacrificing anything. (Apothecary special heals by +1d5, normal is int bonus and narthecium doubles all healing). Even any space marine with average Int score and a narthecium (10 req points) can heal us by 8 points, as long as he has the Medicae skill.

I'm guessing a techmarine would also be invaluable to us since this is REALLY tech focused, in fact the entire campaign is. I'd love to actually just see a player in this seat.

For this mission a scout would be handy as well as far as the Inquisitor recommends.

So the question is: How many squad mates can we ask for? and can we get a 5th player in here?

I have most of the aptitudes for tech related stuff and count as having mechanicus implants for some things. I can't do everything that a tech marine can, but I can do a decent job.

Yeah, you can have that 1 req haha!

I was thinking of playing a Techmarine but I already am in another game :x

I also kinda wanted to try out a gunslinging apothecary but I would have obviously made Int my insane 60+ stat to heal for a minimum of 12 + (1d5 x 2) but kinda wanted to try something different altogether.

Also the prospect of being able to snipe with a Multi Melta has me giddy with excitement haha

Yeah, you can have that 1 req haha!

I was thinking of playing a Techmarine but I already am in another game :x

I also kinda wanted to try out a gunslinging apothecary but I would have obviously made Int my insane 60+ stat to heal for a minimum of 12 + (1d5 x 2) but kinda wanted to try something different altogether.

Also the prospect of being able to snipe with a Multi Melta has me giddy with excitement haha

Yeah I actually wanted to play a techmarine as well, but the deed for the combat shield coupled with a marine focused on Strength won over. I REALLY wanna get my S up to 6 and use a Thunder Hammer for a 2d10+29 :D

It's funny in the other game that you wanted to play a apothecary and I a techmarine, still somehow the roles got reversed on us. I really like how no matter your specialization, you are a combat beast Elite.gif

I've been blessed by the Dice Gods in that regard. Now, if only RNGesus actually let me hit stuff more than ~30% of the time laugh.png At least when I hit it does something.

But, as of now, apart from making him (Apollus) better and better at shooting and potentially killing people from ~900m away with a Lascannon, I'm not entirely sure where to take him right now in terms of later specializations.

Still, I am tempted to also make him a pistol gunslinger and try and nab 2 Plasma Pistols to shoot at with from a max range of 90m.

Maybe I can make him a Sniper Chaplain if the opportunity presents itself for some serious lulz.

Called Shots at a 0 Modifier = HEADSHOTS FOR DAAAYYYYSSSS

hahaha Boudan, the meltas are to melt the STCs or STC fragments into slag if they look like they will land in enemy hands ...not to kill plants, we're not gardeners from hell :D

Archived