To Recover the Past... [OW/DW] OOC Thread

Btw Karack, I wanted to have Igorot have the "Chieftain Trophy Rack" (First Founding page 104) chapter trappings. So if they can tell us whom we're fighting against I can put their heads on my trophy rack to get "Fear (1)".

I'll have to have killed someone to put their head on my trophy rack, so can you give me a list of what heads I have already to put there ...we'll make sure to collect more for it as we progress ph34r.png

Depending on what Melta Weapons Karack decides to give us, I might requisition Kraken Shells for my Heavy Bolter instead of, say, Melta Bombs and/or Combi-Tool or the Hellfire Rounds.

Since that would increase my Heavy Bolters Range to 225m (150+50%[75]) for a Maximum "Snipe" Range of 675m.

At 1d10+12 X Pen 8 (FAQ/Errata), it gets pretty hilarious/absurd and I love that. I really hope Apollus gets to try out other Heavy Weapons like the Plasma Cannon (Up to 450m) or the Lascannon (Up to 900m).

Since 2d10+12 E Pen 10, Blast (3), Volatile or 5d10+10 E Pen 10, Proven (3) Called Shots with 0 negative modifier from those distances makes me giddy with excitement hahahah!

+++

Or, y'know, give me a Stalker Bolter w/ Stalker Shells for 800m Assassination Shots with pretty much no chance at detection if properly equipped.

...I already love the potential hilarity this character might cause! :D 

I fully expect him to instantly die.

I think you'll be fine, at 800m with no chance of detection I'm guessing anyone of us will die before you :D

Get that talent where you can shoot into melee without any penalties and then we can keep them all off you and you just blast them away (but you know, no blast weapons plz)

Are the rest of us getting std. meltaguns from the core rulebook?

Alright. Marking down Target Priority as more or less Talent #1 to learn upon earning enough xp.

Also, Forgot I took the Immovable Warrior Trait. So, when Solo, I get +10 BS when behind Cover. So a Potential Maximum of 94 BS Currently (firing full auto) unless I get some other upgrades on my weapons. Or Aim.

I'm quite excited to get started, love my character, you guys are cool characters too, the setting (timeline) s brilliant, our mission is great.

Hopefully 1 more PC (or if Karack lends us some NPCs) and we can roll

I posted in that thread.

Also, each of you may Requisition a Meltagun or Inferno Pistol; a Multi-Melta has been set aside for the Devastator (I will learn the names, sorry, typing this up while still thinking about other things).

60 Req each, and I will need to roll up two characters, an Astartes Scout and a Tech-Marine.

I'll endeavor to do that when I can, however, they will likely show up sooner, before the rules are written up. The Scout is likely to be a Wolf Scout, and the Tech-Marine will be an Iron Hand. The Scout is a special, modified Tactical Marine. The Tech-Marine is normal.

That's awesome; also, additional Bolt Pistol and Boltgun magazines are available at one for one up to the sixth. The sixth and after are 3 per BP mag, and 5 per BG mag.

So, for ten, that's:

1 x 5 = 5

5 x 5 = 25

Total = 30

It's not cheap, but it might also help.

Ok, so those are for standard Bolt Ammo Magazines/clips. I assume that the regular limitations on SIA still applies: The Req Cost we see is on a per clip/mag basis?

I might just take the Multi-Melta even if its the Maxima Pattern (DW Core). Its not the Firestorm (RoB) but, beggers can't be choosers when freely given a weapon waaaay above their renown rating.

Besides, 180m of Range with the thing is pretty awesome especially since the Errata makes it so that at Short Range, the AP of Melta Weapons is Doubled.

Its not Half a Kilometer of Death but, I'll take it anyways. Besides, I REQ'd a Bolter w/ Hellfire Ammo which lets me shoot up to 300m. I'll adjust my Requisition to:

• Bolter /w Fire Selector: 7
  • Kraken Shells: 15 (FAQ)
  • Auspex: 12
  • Cameleoline: 20 (RoB)
  • Stummer: 5
  • Multi Melta (??? Pattern): Free?
  • Total: 59 (Skin, you still get your +1)

Do we pay req for the melta?

How many clips of ammo do we start with?

The rulebook (quite boringly) states we just have enough ammo for the mission, any extra clips we want above what is needed costs req. It's a pretty unimaginative system so I'm fine with counting actual ammo, it seems we're getting enough req for it anyway.

@KArack Regarding my trophy rack (my chapter trapping) what skulls do I already have on it that I could use to gain Fear (1)?

Yah that was well written, it will be interesting to see how that develops over time. He might not see most of Irad's psychic power use as he is mostly a divination user. But he does have avenger because I need at least one offensive psychic power and there isn't a cooler power than killing things with a mind-flamer.

Ammo base: ten magazines base, or, six if ten is excessive.

The Melta weapons Janica mentioned before will not cost the party any Requisition at all.

The 60 Req is for each party member; the one or two NPC characters will each generate their own.

Edit:

As far as the skull goes, something strong, but not that strong; like an Ork Warboss Skull, or Tyranid Hive Guard.

Standard Core Deathwatch Pattern Multi-Melta.

I am in the process of rolling up the two other Astartes to go with the party. I too would love a fifth team mate for the Kill-team, so here's hoping, at that.

As far as the SIA, yes, that's still full Requisition cost per magazine.

All books, so long as the Renown is met, outside of the Melta weapons being handed over, must be met.

As far as the party goes, I still need to flesh out the builds for the two NPC's going with the party, Bursir and Madus.

Astartes Bolt Pistol (incl)

Astartes Chainsword (5)

Astartes Inferno Pistol (incl)

Frag & Krak grenade x3 (incl)

Bolt Pistol Mags x10 (incl)

Red-dot sight (10) - Bolt Pistol

Astartes Combat Webbing (3)

Fire Selector (2) - Bolt Pistol

Dipole Maglock x2 (10) - Bolt Pistol, Inferno Pistol

Jump Pack (15)

= 50 Requisition for Gallan

The other 10 can go to Reserve Req. or is up for grabs to others if Karack allows.

Post is up; I have most of Bursir's sheet done, just need the Astartes talents and the book or PDF of First Founding to see the talents and skills that I need to see so I may finally flesh out Bursir and get this first mission off the ground.

Would it be possible for us to Requisition Stalker Bolters/Shells outside of the Regular renown limits for a mission such as this?

Archived