To Recover the Past... [OW/DW] OOC Thread

Alright! Cool! Time to update some stuff when I get home!

Edit: 3rd Times The Charm Requisition List:

• Cameleoline: 20
  • Stalker Bolter: 15 (FAQ)
  • Stalker Shells: 10 (2 Clips, 24 rounds each, 5 REQ/clip)
  • Fire Selector: 2
  • Stummer: 5
  • Magnoculars: 3
  • Cartograph: 5
  • Multimelta: Free

This is, in all likelihood going to be my Final REQ list. So for anything further 180m away up to 600m I'll be using the Stalker Bolter to snipe fools with an Undetectable Shot (Stalker Bolter + Stalker Shills). Took a Cameleoline and Stummer to make me even harder to detect from wherever I decide to shoot from. Of note with the Stalker Bolter: Gives a Further +10 BS when using the Aimed Action and every two degrees of success adds +1d10 Damage up to a max of +2d10. So, if I use a full Aim Action, thats a +30 BS. With base BS of 64 with +10 from Immovable Warrior (if solo), I can get a maximum of 104 BS before any range modifiers, such as +10 For Short Range if the Target is >100m Away from me (thank you 200m Stalker Bolter Range).

So I am looking forward to failing hilariously when shooting anything hahah!

Magnoculars to scope places out, Cartograph to get a lay of the land and help us navigate if necessary.

At things 180m or closer, the Multimelta comes out alongside Penalty-Free Called Shots.

Grab a Fire Selector for your Stalker, it's 2 points and means you can have 3 clips in your bolter msn-wink.gif

I'm re-doing my req. anyway

Requisition:
  • Melta Gun (Vulkan pattern) (free)
  • Kraken Rounds (1 clip) (free)
  • Stalker Pattern Bolter 15
  • -Fire Selector 2
  • -Red dot laser sight 10
  • Stalker rounds (2 clips) 10
  • Power Lance 10 (First Founding)
  • Stummer 5
  • Astartes cluster mines 5
  • Frag Grenades (3) 3
60 req exactly
From my standard issue gear I'll leave the regular bolter at the fortress so I've got:
  • Astartes Combat Shield
  • Astartes bolt pistol
  • 3 Astartes frag grenades
  • 3 Astartes krak grenades
  • Astartes combat knife
  • repair cement
  • 10 clips of bolt shells
Kraken, Stalker and regular rounds in my pimped out stalker bolter, now THAT sounds like the old-school Deathwatch
Let me know if you think anything is odd or if I'm forking up the team not taking a camo cloak. I was thinking we might not all need it in the jungle, esp. with a scout, BUT it's a good idea that some sharpshooter like Slipstreams take it for reconnaissance.

Sure, I guess >_>

Dont Worry about the Cameleoline, honestly. It might help a bit while we're walking up to wherever we're going but its mostly going to come into play keeping us hidden if we decide to snipe stuff and, if the distance is great enough, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Besides, I kinda need it since I'll have a giant Multimelta strapped to my back at points :P

for my req this is what ive put together so far

diagnosticator helmet (15)

narthcarium (10)

stummer(5)

omni tool (25) (first founding book)

metla gun (free)

A started combat webbing (3)

total req cost 58

from my standard gear ill take

3 frag

3 krak

close combat weapon

bolter with fire selector.

for my req this is what ive put together so far

diagnosticator helmet (15)

narthcarium (10)

stummer(5)

omni tool (25) (first founding book)

metla gun (free)

total req cost 55

from my standard gear ill take 

3 frag

3 krak

close combat weapon

bolter with fire selector.

Might I suggest an Astartes Combat Webbing for 3 req. it has a medicae pouch for +20 on medicae tests

reckoning should be along shortly to roll up his character; while he lacks the DW Core, he is overall not enough familiar with Only War to roll up the toon without help.

I myself have little free time right now, however, with the book in physical copy only, and the Beta PDF, I am guessing that something between the group currently can be please done to help him join the fray as a Brother amongst the Deathwatch?

If so, please feel free to help; if not, that's fine too.

reckoning should be along shortly to roll up his character; while he lacks the DW Core, he is overall not enough familiar with Only War to roll up the toon without help.

I myself have little free time right now, however, with the book in physical copy only, and the Beta PDF, I am guessing that something between the group currently can be please done to help him join the fray as a Brother amongst the Deathwatch?

Tell him to just post here, we'll help him flesh out his ideas. We've all theorycrafted what would be cool to play and looked over talents again and again to use ourselves. We can at least make some suggestions

Thanks for that. I was looking thought my books way too late at night and missed that bit smile.png

No worries man, there are lots of books and too much to read. We'll give each other comments and suggestions (anyone please feel free to give me comments!). I play an apothecary in another game with Slipstreams where he plays a techmarine, so he might have suggestions as well later.

Tell him to just post here, we'll help him flesh out his ideas. We've all theorycrafted what would be cool to play and looked over talents again and again to use ourselves. We can at least make some suggestions

Thanks for that. I was looking thought my books way too late at night and missed that bit smile.png

No worries man, there are lots of books and too much to read. We'll give each other comments and suggestions (anyone please feel free to give me comments!). I play an apothecary in another game with Slipstreams where he plays a techmarine, so he might have suggestions as well later.

Sorry guys, I have been traveling for work this week. Other than flying back home tomorrow I think it won't interfere with my ability to post anymore.

Slipstreams is aiding our new player in PM.

I hope things improve on your end, and a safe flight for you and those with you!

Alright, just for the notice of all, I need a bit more time to finish rolling up Bursir; that said, if you want to get into the mission, I will try to see that things progress as best able.

The Awareness test, if passed, was to hear Bursir growl slightly at the orders of the Inquisitor Janica to keep him on station; it would appear he is not happy with the thought of remaining on the Watch Station when the possibility of service is around. Still, he will follow orders, as any good Astartes would and should.

What do i need to roll to pass the awareness check?

I rolled an 8 on a d100. My perception is 40. I'll hold off on my next IC post until I get this sorted. If I pass I'll mention what I heard to some of the others.

You need to roll under your Stat and any bonuses that increase or decrease it.

For every 10's you pass that test by, you earn a Degree of success with 1 being earned if you pass it. (rolling a 40 with Perception 40)

So, for example, with your Perception 40, Rolling an 8 Gives you: [40] 1 Degree, [30] 1 Degree, [20] 1 Degree for a total of 3 Degrees of Success. Or 8 -> 18 -> 28 -> 38

Another Example using a Shooting Attack with my Iron Snake:

As another Example, my Character, with his insane Ballistic Skill of 64 firing his Heavy Bolter full auto for a +20 and Short Range for +10 for a total of 94. If I rolled a 4, I'd have 9 Degrees of Success.

Since you gain +1 Hit per Degree of Success up to your weapons maximum Rate of Fire which, in this instance is 6, means that I get 6 hits with a further 3 Degrees Banked.

Those Degrees help since when an Enemy Dodges, every Degree of success they get on that test negates 1 Degree of Success of Mine.

So, if the guy I'm shooting Dodges and gets 3 Degrees of Success doing so, he'd still eat all 6 Shots from my Heavy Bolter. If he'd have gotten 5, He'd eat through the 3 Banked and 2 shots of my 6.

+++

For the purposes of skills like Awareness, the more degrees of success is an indication to the GM about how much you notice. So, in this case, quite a lot.

Think more along the lines of the internal conversation; while I do not recall which one of you started the posts that way, however, the more I think about it, the more life it seems to breathe into each character that is in the party, and shall include Bursir shortly.

Fair warning: I am starting a Math class tonight that goes until July 31 this year; it is a six (6) week course, and will be taking a significant portion of my time.

I thank you all for your patience; Slipstreams, I will need a little quick assistance, I hope, to get Bursir finished out. Our newest addition and his build should be quite the edification looking forward, as far as actually giving Bursir his stats goes, overall.

Sure, that should be no problem. If you need me to roll the character just give me some guidelines you want for Bursir and I can RNG him to life asap.

Sure, that should be no problem. If you need me to roll the character just give me some guidelines you want for Bursir and I can RNG him to life asap.

Have an email? I have some of his sheet already stat'ed out; I just need a bit of aid on the Skills, Talents, and Gear he'll be taking into the field.

Archived