To Recover the Past... [OW/DW] OOC Thread

I'd say I lean more towards the combat, but RPing is fine.

The problem is that Astartes usually live in some of the harshest environments in the galaxy there are till they are about 10. Then they are recruited, surgically altered, indoctrinated and brain washed with a no-questions asked military code, xenophobia and hate. They know nothing but war, killing, hating and loving the ideal of their Imperium. 

They basically have the mentality of 10 year old xenophobic kids on steroids

A lot of interesting takes here. My perception about the emotional and intellectual depth of space marines is that they are still fairly 'human' beneath all that training and genetic manipulation.

Some of the best space marine characters are intensely driven by ambition, envy, hope, despair, or an unquenchable thirst for revenge or redemption, or an overwhelming sense of duty. I loved the Ahriman series and much of the Horus Heresy series because of how the various authors gave insight into the private motivations of astartes.

Holy smokes Skinrider, as a parent of young children I will say your character's story definitely got a reaction from me.

Deliciously evil and something Astartes wouldn't at all be phased by hahah!

Holy smokes Skinrider, as a parent of young children I will say your character's story definitely got a reaction from me.

hahaha hope I don't give you nightmares buddy. I just wanted to show how incredibly cold the Astartes are in killing xenos, which they don't see as deserving of life.

Deliciously evil and something Astartes wouldn't at all be phased by hahah!

hehehehe yeah I was hoping to convey that Astartes don't see this as "cruelty", it's just a convenient way of getting enemies out of cover. Also, The Wraiths use fear tactics a lot as their weapon, hence Igorot's skull-face helm (an icon of fear that transcends cultures).

Very off topic here, I wrote up some fluff for my knight house I'm painting up (Warden finished, just basing him now. Lancer sitting on my desk unassembled). After 49 views I've yet to get a comment ...which I have no idea what that means, too long?

I thought I'd ask you guys to check it out, since you're probably most/all quite knowledgeable about the 40k universe. No need to be yes-men, if something is odd, out of place or perhaps stupid let me know. I'm used to writing, rewriting and re-rewriting business plans and stuff so I'm used to criticism.

Very off topic here, I wrote up some fluff for my knight house I'm painting up (Warden finished, just basing him now. Lancer sitting on my desk unassembled). After 49 views I've yet to get a comment ...which I have no idea what that means, too long?

I thought I'd ask you guys to check it out, since you're probably most/all quite knowledgeable about the 40k universe. No need to be yes-men, if something is odd, out of place or perhaps stupid let me know. I'm used to writing, rewriting and re-rewriting business plans and stuff so I'm used to criticism.

Don't rely on views, a lot of them could be bots mapping stuff for search engines or other things.

• 2 weeks later...

Skinrider:  I really loved your post.

All: I apologize for not having posted, I have had about the two worst weeks in my life.  I'm not going to get into it on a Warhammer forum, but hopefully you all understand how the worse parts of real life can get majorly in the way of fun.  I'll try to get a post up today.  Again, my humble apologies.

Skinrider: I really loved your post.

All: I apologize for not having posted, I have had about the two worst weeks in my life. I'm not going to get into it on a Warhammer forum, but hopefully you all understand how the worse parts of real life can get majorly in the way of fun. I'll try to get a post up today. Again, my humble apologies.

Good you liked my post biggrin.png I think we need a bit more of us interacting with each other, as opposed to only the NPCs.

:cuss happens man, stay strong brother! At the bottom the only way left is up Elite.gif

All: I apologize for not having posted, I have had about the two worst weeks in my life.  I'm not going to get into it on a Warhammer forum, but hopefully you all understand how the worse parts of real life can get majorly in the way of fun.  I'll try to get a post up today.  Again, my humble apologies.

Life comes first. Period. Hope everything works out soon.

Skinrider: Agreed on more interactions between PCs, even if I have a character not exactly suited for such behavior.

I agree with the other posters: life happens, it's what we do with our time here that just might leave a lasting mark on the world; do your best to make it a worthy one.

Thanks for the post in the IC thread; as it is, please, just let us know as you best figure things out going along, about when you might be able to post.

Communication is about all I will ask for; past that, best of luck to you, Boudan.

Hello all, I go to Scotland on August 10, Wednesday of this week, and will return to my area August 21, Sunday. I might be able to remember to take the time to post in this thread, and will endeavor to do so, as best able. This IC thread might become a little more slow during that time; I do hope things will pick back up soon. I feel like there's two more posts needed before the next major story advancement post will be put up, and if I get.... type-happy, then it might be a long one.

Is everyone alright with the game proceeding as such?

Archived