Vanerks Metalican ETL Vow thread.

Vanerk

Hi all. So this is my very first ETL pledge/vow thing. I'm taking advantage of the event to help coerce me into finally starting and actually finishing at least what bit I have vowed. I have never completed painting or basing any model ever. I am one those that gets as far as undercoating and putting off the rest til it never happens. So to start I have 2 squads of Vanguard. One will all the arc weapons the other plasma'd out with a taser goad. Also a squad of rangers with a power sword for giggles. All with omnispex. My chosen scheme is gonna be Metalica. Uh that's all I got atm. Any tips or tricks would be most welcome. Cheers!

gallery_81595_12073_911395.jpg

I'll get a better picture up later.

Agreed, white is much easier than in the past even if you don't go for a white basecoat (I hate white primer!). My winning technique with Citadel Paints is Dawnstone -> Ulthuan Grey -> White (though I use P3 Morrow White cuz the small pigments are awesome). Good luck, can't wait to see the first update! smile.png

Ok here are the betterish pictures before i throw some vallejo grey on them. I'm currently waiting on an order of paint before I can really do much else. Pictures are taken from my phone. Sorry if they aren't the best. 

Vanguard Arc Squad

IMG 20160529 115023

IMG 20160529 115240

Vanguard Plasma Squad

IMG 20160529 115912

IMG 20160529 115940

Ranger Squad

IMG 20160529 120710

IMG 20160529 120719

So yeah that is it for now. Any suggestions or tips for picture taking would be appreciated. 
Also what do you guys think I should do for the bases?

Great to see so many lined up for painting! I'm not the best photographer around but the best thing you can do is get lots of natural light as that's the easiest way to get better pictures. A steady camera and lining up your shots helps a lot as well as taking a couple just in case one of them is off. You've already got the white background which helps but don't worry too much about these shots as they're only the start WIPs - not exactly much detail to see yet :P

As for the bases you could do almost anything, but with the scheme of Metalica maybe best to steer away from urban or snow as they might be too similar to the colours. That said there's a lot of variety you can inject into urban basing so that could be made to work :)

Archived