Imperial Militia and Iron Hands - Thoughts?

I've been thinking about adding an allied detatchment to my Iron Hands, and most of the other legions are already played by others in my group. So, what about Imperial Militia? I was thinking of using either the Cyber-Augmetics or Abhuman provenance (from a fluff standpoint, I don't think this is too bad, but feel free to correct this). So my questions are:

-How do you think they should be modelled? (My initial thoughts were a combination of Skitarii and Cadians)

-What sort of colour scheme would fit with the Iron Hands' paint job? (I'll add a picture of my specific scheme once I'm not posting on mobile).

-Is there anything I should look out for regarding army composition? (Maybe grenadier based?)

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I was wondering this too - though initially I was planning on using Solar Auxilia rules.  The book 'Wrath of Iron' mentions some non astartes troops controlled by the Chapter. 

It mentions them as 'Medusan auxiliaria, many of whom had bio-enhancements and augmetics on a parallel with the skitarii'. So a militia army with cyber-augmetic grenadiers would probably fit pretty well.

I was going to go either with black/grey fabric and a very dark metallic for the armour.

If you have the cash I would say a kit bash of tech thralls and auxilia (or death korps of krieg even) would fit well with the iron hands aesthetic. Maybe black for the fabric and copper for the armor/mechanical pieces

In the books they have a dedicated force called the Chainveil. Feat of Iron is where they originate from, they are the survivors of the humans who "saved" the Iron Hands from the techno sorcery Eldar employed to disrupt the marines. I image them to have chain mail armour and a chain mail coif with a chain veil similar to salamander pyroclasts.

Yeah I've previously considered using the Militia rules to represent the Chainveil - I'd go for the Cyber Augmented and Survivors of a Dark Age Provenances

Modelling, I think any combination of Skitarii / Tempestus Scions / Cadian / Adsecularis Thrall kits should work (that said Skitarii kits combined with FW's Elysians would look rad) - if you wanted to go down the power armour route for the grenadiers' 3+ save, it might be a bit tricky to find suitable models, but you could always go with giving them bulky backpacks and saying it represent some kind of power field

Coulour wise, I'd say go with the same dark iron as the Legionaries, but perhaps keep the silver to a minimum? Red would be an easy match, but might 'outshine' the Marines. Black iron plates with white / grey fatigues could look cool

Edit: also - DKoK Engineers with a headswap would be perfect

I'd personally go with Anvil's new Regiments range, and paint-wise I'm figuring dark metals, brass and iron in equal measures, and grey or coal-black fatigues.

I've got 2 lots of the heavy infantry on the way and that was pretty much the scheme I planned for. Might do either the Legion numeral or Clan Sorrgol icon on a shoulder pad though.

You can get more bang for your buck by using Grenadiers with Lasrifles that forcing yourself to take Solar Auxilia. Solar Auxilia is awesome at what it does (overwhelming armor and castling in fortifications). If youve got money in your pocket a Solar Auxilia armored force fits the hands perfectly and you can get 6 Russ of 2 different classes in one allied chart, not to mention all the Dracosans you can fit in there. Personally, I'd say your best bet is Cyber Augmetics and Survivors or Warrior Elite and Cyber Augmetics. The First option allows you access to Rhinos at the expense of Grenadier special weapons, but you can stick a Heavy Bolter on your rhino to make up the difference. Land Raiders are also available, but too pricey for even grenadiers. The biggest issue youre going to run into is hitting your 2 troop limit with militia and not having the bodies you want. 

Hopefully when they do the Imperial Army List it has a platoon function. 

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I decided in the end to go for a Skitarii - Cadian mix as I can pick them up easily and cheaply, and I bought a box of each on Sunday.  These are the first three I've built.  What do you think?

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/31/803834_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/31/803835_md-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/31/803836_md-.JPG

And, in regards to the colourscheme issue, here is the Iron Hands scheme I use:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/5/28/803118_md-.JPG

Archived