Iron Warriors - Thorakitai Regiments?

I was wondering, I've yet to get the book which contains the rules for militia/cultist forces but I've been reading Angel Exterminatus again recently and came upon the Thorakitai, the human forces that sided with the Iron Warriors when they sacked their home world. I got to thinking how they could be made, they're described as having faded khaki, scaled breastplates and helms fashioned in the image of the MkIV helmet. I think I found the helmets below, but I'm unsure what to do for the body etc, any ideas? I wanna keep the majority of it GW based otherwise I can't use them at my local store, I think the heads would be enough though.

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/image/cache/data/a-new/heads_crests/cad/predator-400x400.jpg

You'd have a much easier time shaving down plastic mark 4 than trying to get a GW store to be cool with anvil biggrin.png

Yeah I am hesitant, the manager said as long as the majority of the model is 40k he doesn't mind, I've always tried to avoid using other company bits though due to it. Oh well it just an idea, I've not even got my Iron Warriors sorted yet I was just brainstorming, probably getting ahead of myself.

I think those concepts are awesome IHF. I think the closest to that in the current range would be parts from the Valkyrie crew, could be modified with minimal greenstuff/ plasticard to be even closer to the sketches. If you're handy with simple casting you could produce a decent number of these with minimal fuss I think. 

Not at home so struggling to find a decent image of the bits from the Valk kit. 

Reminds me a little of the unreleased Steam & Aether models by meridian miniatures. Freelance sculptor, does good work. His steampunk range is a little bit small for 30k, but the details are pretty similar.

gallery_80005_11900_16716.jpg

Some of his unreleased work that reminds me a little of your designs (I don't know the sculptor and have no relationship with him apart from being a previous kickstarter backer of his).

As Marshal Rohr says, you could do a kickstarter with your designs-even just a couple of body and head variants and make them compatible with Cadian arms or any other correctly scaled human heads/arms/guns (Anvil's new regiment range might be a good place to look depending on what scale you go for).

Archived