Shoulder pads for space wolves

Yep that is pretty much it for the shoulder pad colour schemes.

Maegar's Pack SP

images

Blood claws

grey hunter

Stoneclaws SP

Grey Hunters

Harald's wolf guard Pack Markings

WG Olvec The Wise SP

Wolf Guard

Wyvald's Wyrmblades SP

The Frostclaws Long Fangs

Long Fangs

Skolgrim Of The Blackbrow SP

Scouts

These are just examples. You could use runes or any designs you fancy :)

Hope this helps!!

According to all the great artwork in the 5th edition Codex (wish I still had mine) the scouts' colors were the Space Wolf grey and black. Additionally, if you're not too keen on intricate designs (or just want to paint quick) Units also have a unit symbol on the grey pad like the scout pad above using the colors below to denote what unit:

Yellow- Claw units

Red- Hunters

Black- Guard and Scouts

White- Fangs

I got all of the codices, going right back :)

Now I feel old

But do you have the Book of the Astronomican? That's old school Space Wolves, right there.

• 3 weeks later...

I got all of the codices, going right back smile.png

Now I feel old

I started with the 3rd Ed "leaflet" codex, then that unfortunately fell apart so I grabbed one and the 2nd Ed Codex off ebay.

Back in the days when Cyclones had limited ammo but you could launch them all in one go, always wanted to give 2nd a shot hah.

Further to the proper discussion, during the Heresy did all Wolves have the Legion symbol on their left pad or did they still use Company markings? I'm terrible at freehand and am therefore trying to work out if I should buy a load of the FW pads. Its adding more expense to an already expensive project but if its "right" I don't feel I have much of a choice. If only sculpted Morkai pads existed.

If only sculpted Morkai pads existed.

ahh but they do exist! https://www.shapeways.com/product/9L59JFE6S/erik-morkai-gen2-crusader-shoulder-x10?optionId=59273567

this site is great for 3rd party customization, can request whatever you want from different sellers and most of the time they will be able to make it.

It is unknown what the left shoulderpad had on it during the 30k timeline.

So far we have just seen the red wolfs head.

The transfer sheet from FW looks to show that they used the same markings as tacticals destroyers etc of other legions, so FW seem to be stripping away some of the Wolves uniqueness in that aspect.

Best bet is wait till October when book 7 is rumoured to become available and we will know everything for good or (most likely) ill.

Blu tac shoulder pads for now then get the FW ones when legion or company markings become known

Archived