Using Tempestus Scions as Solar Auxilia

Hi all,

With me actually starting my HH force now I had the idea of including a Solar Auxilia force in my Expeditionary Fleet but while I do like the look of FWs Solar Auxilia models I had the idea of using GWs Scions to count-as the Solar Auxilia. I do realise that this would probably more expensive in the whole but to me modeling with plastics is less time consuming than using resin.

Basically I would like people's opinions of using Scions as Auxilia and if there would be any problems with them.

Regards,

Ventris.

No problem in the slightest.

The Scion armor is heavy enough to represent void armor and the hot shot lasguns can easily stand in for the special issue las rifles the Aux use in their tercios.

I don't envy the cost of building las rifle divisions from the GW plastic boxes, like you mentioned, but as the models go they're pretty spot on. 

No problem in the slightest.

The Scion armor is heavy enough to represent void armor and the hot shot lasguns can easily stand in for the special issue las rifles the Aux use in their tercios.

I don't envy the cost of building las rifle divisions from the GW plastic boxes, like you mentioned, but as the models go they're pretty spot on. 

Awesome, those were the reasons why I liked the look of them. And yeah, it will be more expensive but at the rate I model and paint lots of stuff will kill my motivation so maybe small batches will be better.

I saw someone do a simple headswap with Skitarii Vanguard heads and it looked great. It gave them a more old fashioned look that would fit the heresy aesthetic well.

I had a look at the Skitarii and I like the look of both their heads and the ranger guns but all the bitz sites I go to are out of stock with them. Typical.

Archived