++Contact with xenos++ batrep

Brother Dark

Dark Angels v Necrons - 1100 point batrep.

++PRIORITY CALL TO SUB SECTOR COMMAND ALPHA NINER FIVE++

++COMMAND...THIS IS BROTHER ARTIMIS, 2ND COMPANY, RAVENWING ATTACK SQUADRON CLAUDIUS++

++CONTACT MADE WITH XENOS, LOTS OF XENOS, ITS THE NECRONS SIR++

++REQUEST RAVENWING STRIKE FORCE HELIOS RELOCATE TO THIS POSITION++

++ONLY MYSELF AND THE LANDSPEEDER "CALIBANS WIND" REMAIN++

++BROTHER ARTIMIS, THIS IS INTERROGATOR-CHAPLAIN HELIOS, I HAVE YOUR COORDINATES++

++HOLD POSITION BROTHER, THE HUNT IS JOINED++

++REPORT A3FU6KO9: IC-HELIOS-RWSF++

++PRAISE THE LION, PRAISE THE EMPEROR, KILL THE XENOS, NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE++

++SECTOR DELTA FIVER SIX: XENOS CONFIRMED NECRON++

Battle was joined with little time to spare, Brother Artemis the sole survivor of his bike squad and the landspeeder "Calibans Wind" were in full survivor mode.

Myself, Brother Librarian Kris, and our Ravenwing Command Squad blazed on at full speed, hitting the turbos to try to make the cover of the landing pad. We came under fire from the xenos doomsday ark, the blast hit Kris, but fortunately his conversion field saved his life, emperor be praised. however Brother apothecary Freis was not so lucky as he took a direct hit from the Annihlation barge and was literally shocked out of his saddle.

Our attack bike and landspeeder also sped onto the battlefield and took up position, a scream of jets shook the ground as Brother Bottas in his Nephilm jetfighter zoomed into range, together our combined firepower wiped out the xenos tombblades and whittled down the necron immortals protecting their overlord.

++Enter commendation: Brother Caspian, scoring a hit on the xenos doom scythe with the typhoon missile launcher, despite his aim, the missile did not detonate++

++Enter complaint: Munitionorium commander, all missiles to be triple blessed from now on++

Whilst we engaged from the front, Brother Pieter and his bike squad outflanked the xenos and rode in behind the giant doomsday ark. Their weapons however, proved useless, the plasma not sufficiently reliable to eliminate the hulking machine.

The xenos flyer scored a penetrating hit on our jetfighter, it looked as though Brother Bottas was stunned badly as he flew forward a short distance firing wildly then left the airspace with a roar of his jets.

Worse was to follow however as the doom scythe proceeded to wipeout Brother Pieters squad who had consolidated into a position behind the xenos back line. Truley this flying xenos machine needs to be considered in future as a priority target.

++Enter commendation: Brother Librarian Kris, his psychic focus on the enemy doosday ark averted its xenos targeting systems, making this potent weapon useless for the remainder of the engagement++

My unit and I charged the huge warriors squad, killing them all in a sweeping advance after they broke from combat, however, we did not emerge unscathed. Brother Champion Ventis had been torn from his bike and lay dead amongst the mangled remains of the necron warriors.

Our attackbike and the two landspeeders fired upon the Annihilation barge turning it into scrap metal, a satisfying conclusion for these warriors.

Myself, Brother Librarian Kris and Brother Janus, the remains of the command squad then fired into the Necron Overlord and his remaining solo immortal bodyguard. Fortune was not with us as the plasma talon on Janus's bike exploded and blew him clear of the bike. We charged the xenos commander, but as we did they disappeared from infront of us, leaving the battlefield emptry except for the ravens.

The sector is clear of xenos, however I recommend we fortify the position with elements of the sixth company, the ravens shall scout into further sectors to ensure no xenos remain

Helios - 2nd company, IC

++RW win First Blood++

++RW squad Survivors: IC, Librarian, Attack bike, Nephilm jetfighter, Bike squad Artimis, two landspeeders++

++RW squad Losses: Bike Squad Pieter and Command squad++

++Necron squad Survivors: Overlord, Immortals (1), Doomsday Ark, Doom Scythe++

++Necron squad Losses: Tomb blades, warrior squad, Annihilltion Barge++

Dark Angels win 4 to 2.

Archived