Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Sea provides for Thee

ETL V

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts
  • Faction: Salamander, Death Guard

Its good to be back.  I missed you Guys and Gals. 

I could never figure out my chaos force.  I keep changing my mind over the years.  But, my vision of the warp, chaos in general has not change.  The warp has always seem like an ocean, like a sea of freedom, of opportunity, of embracing the madness/order of the universe.  I am considering converting my R&H and Dark dark mechanicus into an ocean theme force.  A force from the abyss, that reflect it.  I have made two maulerfiends with the theme in mind, but now its more possible because of the Knight/mech releases.  So this is the first step toward maybe making my dream force of hundreds of cultist support by BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!  Basically chaos Pacific Rim.  

Anyway talk is cheap, vow 1 for ETL V.

Here are the Daemons

DSCN1183.JPG

DSCN1185.JPG

DSCN1186.JPG

• Sgt. Blank, Captain Semper, Gumo9 and 5 others like this

Their good ways to lose and bad ways to win

Tzeentch Daemon Army blog:  http://www.bolterand...vides-for-thee/

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 13,801 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Good luck Uprising - this will be fun!

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

Well spent the day working on the skin for the lot.  My goal is to mimic this coloration, how should I do the eyes?  Pure black?

Squid%20from%20kaikoura%20montage%20copy

• Fulkes likes this

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,233 posts
  • Faction: The Thousand Ideas

Pure black would work pretty well, I think.

Those are some crazy awesome models you've got there! biggrin.png

gallery_77459_13226_2824.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_02.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

Leonite

Leonite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 554 posts

Well spent the day working on the skin for the lot.  My goal is to mimic this coloration, how should I do the eyes?  Pure black?

Squid%20from%20kaikoura%20montage%20copy

Pure Black, but maybe with sort of a wet gloss to it, as if to emphasize it being unnatural?

Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01f.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_04.gETL_Medal_02.gif

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,115 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
Black eyes all the way, and I'll let Mr Robert Shaw so eloquently explain why...
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=u9S41Kplsbs

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 362 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Two thumps up for the Jaws clip. Pure black with a glossy layer should do it, or you could highlight them a bit with dark blue.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,449 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
Perfect excuse to pick up some of that Nuln oil gloss ink.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

First Test model done.  Thoughts, how to make better? 

DSCN1196.JPG

DSCN1195.JPG

DSCN1193.JPG

• Xenith, Plaguecaster, totgeboren and 3 others like this

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,286 posts
It looks great :tu:
Crypt ghouls are great for conversions. They go a long way toward making anything creepy.

Perhaps add a brown wash to the feet to make them look dirty? Or weathering powders...
  • Uprising likes this

Carrack

Carrack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,243 posts
  • Faction: Black Maw
I'm no where near your ability level, but here are my two cents. Maybe add a subtle blue-greenish shade to the flesh. That may be going overboard with the theme, ;) but its an idea that might float. He is awesome as is though.
  • Uprising and Kierdale like this

codyrstuart

codyrstuart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 792 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Tyranids
Cthulhu and baby Cthulhus! I love it!
  • Uprising likes this
My Space Wolves/Tyranids WIP- The Bloodmaws, Bran Redmaw's Company

sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifsml_gallery_79710_12195_5745.pngsml_gallery_79710_12195_2101.jpg
gallery_45765_13882_2878.png

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

It looks great thumbsup.gif
Crypt ghouls are great for conversions. They go a long way toward making anything creepy.

Perhaps add a brown wash to the feet to make them look dirty? Or weathering powders...

Thank you.  In my personal opinion,  I think the dirty feet is not need.  It just emerge from the sea, would you be dirty from that?  i don't know. 

I'm no where near your ability level, but here are my two cents. Maybe add a subtle blue-greenish shade to the flesh. That may be going overboard with the theme, msn-wink.gif but its an idea that might float. He is awesome as is though.

I want to avoid the greenish hue, I personally really like the white, koi fish like look. 

Cthulhu and baby Cthulhus! I love it!

But Wait, their more.  Here the second one. 

DSCN1203.JPG

DSCN1200.JPG

DSCN1202.JPG

DSCN1201.JPG

I feel like the white skin is off.  Any idea how to fix it?  I do love the red, so nice. 

• Carrack likes this

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,318 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Got it. They need to look more like that iradescent wet skin look if you want to match the cuttle fish...

Perhaps those gem paints Gw just advertised would work... Specifically like the grey knight example.

That or a very faint wash of color and some gloss varnish to get that sea monster sheen...

I see an awesome set of terrain in mind to go with this... (that coral back drop you have...)

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 03 June 2016 - 01:41 AM.

• Uprising likes this
What signature?

KingKurama

KingKurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,632 posts
I think you've inspired me to make filthy xenos from these conversions
  • Uprising likes this

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

Got it. They need to look more like that iradescent wet skin look if you want to match the cuttle fish...

Perhaps those gem paints Gw just advertised would work... Specifically like the grey knight example.

That or a very faint wash of color and some gloss varnish to get that sea monster sheen...

I see an awesome set of terrain in mind to go with this... (that coral back drop you have...)

What new paint do you speak about?  Yes the coral is some terrain, I am repainting it, red. 

I think you've inspired me to make filthy xenos from these conversions

Just as planned.  Embrace the madness. 

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,115 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
@Uprising: I believe Canadian_F_H was referring to these: https://www.games-wo...ms-Paint-Bundle

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,449 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
I hope your watching Dagon as your making these.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_48988_10069_6483.pnggallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_02_Failed.gif

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

Explain, is the movie any good.  I been using the Pacific Rim soundtrack while i paint. 

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 13,801 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Don't know what you do or listen to, this is a very disturbing (and disturbed?) daemon! :D

• Uprising likes this

BrotherJim

BrotherJim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,035 posts

This is too awesome for me to think about right now. I really wana do some deep sea marines somehow.... I really need some crypt ghouls in my life. Damn you!

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpg

"You must be mad, or you wouldn't have come here."

http://s3.zetaboards...opic/9031963/1/

http://s3.zetaboards.../9033903/1/#new

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,449 posts

Explain, is the movie any good. I been using the Pacific Rim soundtrack while i paint.

Aye its a good film, worth a watch. Cant beat fish demon things trynna suck your eyeballs out whilst painting.

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Uprising

Uprising

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,715 posts

This is too awesome for me to think about right now. I really wana do some deep sea marines somehow.... I really need some crypt ghouls in my life. Damn you!

Here are two examples

http://www.warseer.c...aos-Marine-Army

http://www.superpunc...vey-joness.html

Explain, is the movie any good. I been using the Pacific Rim soundtrack while i paint.

Aye its a good film, worth a watch. Cant beat fish demon things trynna suck your eyeballs out whilst painting.

I googled it, I must watch it now!!!!

Also hi slave, long time no see. 

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,449 posts
Hi hi. Good to see you back. :)

Blog - Gates of Helvete

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 868 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Damnit those are horrible... (<- compliment)
Those look like Krakkenspawn, which is perfect. Great work! Please show more, as you progress!

When the Pack runs once again, worlds tremble, enemies die and the Hunt begins!

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users