[HH] Emperor's Children 3rd Company Elites

heptus

Hello 30k fellows.

The new kakophoni RoW make me jump in 30k era. Unfortunately though, my current place is like a waste land for miniature games; very few people play it. I'd rather focus on modelling and painting of my EC3CE army for a couple of months.

Anyway, the first rhino has been done. Used FW bits for the front and side doors.

Colorwise, I know the 'fluffy' color in 30k is more reddish, or pink, but I prefer dark purple one.

Rhino1_1

Rhino1_2

Rhino1_3

Rhino1_4

Rhino1_5

Nice use of the FW parts and freehand on the rhino's hull and loving that purple :D

Any pics of the Rhino's interior?

Looking forward to see what debaucheries you come up with for your III Legion.

Thank you fellows. Last week I ordered B&C captain, chaplain, sicaran, another units of kakophoni and rhino from here and there. I'm not sure which would come first.

Nice use of the FW parts and freehand on the rhino's hull and loving that purple :biggrin.:

Any pics of the Rhino's interior?

Looking forward to see what debaucheries you come up with for your III Legion.

Tbh I haven't painted the interior. It's a shame :P

Looking good! :tu: I really like conversion work done on your Delegatus.

I do have two minor nitpicks though:

1) the basing looks a bit strange and hangs off the edges. Is that intentional?

2) the back banner, while well-painted, is a bit big to go in a backpack like that.

Anyway, as long as you're satified with the model, you can freely ignore my nitpicks. :tu:

Looking good! :tu: I really like conversion work done on your Delegatus.

I do have two minor nitpicks though:

1) the basing looks a bit strange and hangs off the edges. Is that intentional?

2) the back banner, while well-painted, is a bit big to go in a backpack like that.

Anyway, as long as you're satified with the model, you can freely ignore my nitpicks. :tu:

Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I'm neither good at nor interested in basing thus far. I just dipped the base into some diorama base materials, and that was all I did. What do you think if I just paint the black remnant as sand color? Or your other suggestions are much appreciated.

This weekend I'm painting the first box of kakophoni, the perverted troops of EC3CE, sent by my brother. Very unfortunately, he could not find one man + one left arm in my old warhammer box full of purchased models/bits long time ago.

Instead the orchestrator (=sarge) received a liquifier gun arm of Dark Eldar grotesque. All the drug pipes and chemically-enhanced muscles seem to fit fluff for EC as well as DE :wink:

Kakophoni Orchestrator (in progress)

Edited by heptus

Finished the first set of kakophoni, the bread and butter of EC3CE, as well as the second rhino.

There's no model left at this stage. But I ordered a legion javelin from FW last week, while also a second-hand venator is currently being soaked in painting-erasing solution. I hope one of either would be prepared to paint soon.

Tonight I stole the weapons of Tzeentch for my Slaanesh-dedicated EC warriors. One got a power-axe, while another (sarge) received a phoenix spear and a shield. Those Tzeentchan bits in Silver Town box are all awesome! I'm gonna try another conversion later with other weapons, like a scimitar or a blade looking strange like the god of change.

EC Warrior 1

EC3CE power weapon team (mainly for the command sqaud)

- Power fist with a legion standard

- 2x power axes

- 2x power swords

I may need one more sword guy for wysiwyg.

I did not make a combat shield cause the red book describes it as a small wrist-mounted buckle.

EC Command Squad

EC contemptor dreadnought WIP.

Though being more expensive than the Calthnought, this FW model deserves the price thanks to its beautiful details :)

The waist has been magnetized for transport, so will be the arms per weapon.

EC Contemptor Dreadnought WIP1

I've modified the centurion a little bit this night. The banner was given to a standard bearer in a command squad. He also got some new weapons for wysiwyg.

Before

IMG 1433

After

EC Centurion

As no new model was delivered today, I've added a simple illustration on the hull of the second rhino. Slaanesh the Slytherin.

Nice paint job...but....expeliamus!!!!

Thanks, but the ironic fact is that I haven't read that series except for Vol. 1 :P

As no new model was delivered today, I've added a simple illustration on the hull of the second rhino. Slaanesh the Slytherin.

Nice paint job...but....expeliamus!!!!
Thanks, but the ironic fact is that I haven't read that series except for Vol. 1 :P

That is just cruel irony

Nice work on the banner.

The contemptor is beautiful. It's a great model and you've really done it justice. What weapons did you go for?

Thank you!

Regarding the weapons, I'm planning to try various options with magnetization. In fact, I've just ordered a power scourge of 40k helbrute for DCCW - the whip is so Slaanesh-ish you know ;)

I'm also gonna make an order for two Kheres cannons next week, as most people recommend the option. A pair of TL lascannons look attractive as well.

Tonight I was drinking a few glasses of wine - suddenly I felt like She Who Thirsts whispered me so I followed.

What I've just done is to split the command squad models that I painted a few weeks ago, and then magnetize their waists. I also magnetize the right hand of my HQ to exchange a phoenix spear into CCW for wysiwyg.

I'm also considering magnetizing my bikers later; if I choose to bring some power weapons, I can use the bodies that I made tonight.

Well I don't know I'm still drinking anyway :wink: I may feel stupid when I read this post tomorrow morning :tongue.:

Magnetizing-1

Magnetizing-2

Magnetizing-3