The Maintenance Bay >The God Machines and Knights Thread<

The models in this thread are phenomenal.

Here is my meagre contribution.

House Phorgal originally from an unknown planet rediscovered during the Great Crusade by the XIV Legion.

Changed their original livery to pledge allegiance to Mortarion and his sons.

This Knight Gallant is piloted by one of the young sires of House Phorgal and the knight is designated 'Fate's Warning'

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/gordonayr/Mobile%20Uploads/photostudio_1466887450064_zpshrgwq3pt.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/gordonayr/Mobile%20Uploads/photostudio_1466887510740_zpsqgjfocni.jpg

The models in this thread are phenomenal.

Here is my meagre contribution.

House Phorgal originally from an unknown planet rediscovered during the Great Crusade by the XIV Legion.

Changed their original livery to pledge allegiance to Mortarion and his sons.

This Knight Gallant is piloted by one of the young sires of House Phorgal and the knight is designated 'Fate's Warning'

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/gordonayr/Mobile%20Uploads/photostudio_1466887450064_zpshrgwq3pt.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/gordonayr/Mobile%20Uploads/photostudio_1466887510740_zpsqgjfocni.jpg

Love it! how did you do the script on the banner? Was it a custom decal sheet?

Awesome sauce, so happy to have you on board ganders! So welcome aboard;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06-26_08.41.48_zps6rjjcnqa.jpg

and im happy to see a community slowly growing here, we've had some great additions some productive and helpful discussion and all in all were still focused on what we came here to do!

Congrats guys

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

Edit: please remember to give me all your information if you are joining so I can whip up a finished banner ;)

Brothers, I come as a new aspirant to the noble Knight Houses. I have three Knights in various stages of construction, and I look to finish at least one for ETL, if not all three. However, I'm torn on exactly how to paint them. As I run Alpha Legion, I was looking to field scions of either House Perdaxia or House Rajha, but there are no samples of either house, just the barest descriptions: crimson and gold, or ghost-grey, respectively.

I've never painted a model this complex, and while I do plan to paint the undercarriage with the armor plates off, that doesn't help me when it comes to heraldry or color schemes. Any ideas?

Well heraldry wise I'd say just stick to a Mechanicum logo with an encoiled hydra or something similar and leave the shield bare. Until you get more information there's not much you can do.

I'd go for the ghost grey you can build it up from a vallejo dark sea grey and slowly give it a ghost effect till its the lightest shade of grey. Maybe adding a Alpha plate every now and then

My house is IH allied and I show that with the odd IH legion symbol and using smaller icons on the old few transfer sheet to flavor

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah274/mortiscorax29/ADMech/IMG_20160613_210758_zpshhuhprrq.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah274/mortiscorax29/ADMech/IMG_20160613_210806_zpsm6eotqef.jpg

Couple more of House Dagarius

Questoris Knight Magaera ​Immortal Pain

20160628 154405

20160628 154416

20160628 154359

Questoris Knight Styrix ​Vengeful

20160628 154334

20160628 154341

20160628 154349

Should be receiving my latest Forge World order tomorrow.  Lancer, Acheron, Warhound Turbolaser and Megabolter arms, and the Crusade Imperialis red book.

2nd Warlord Titan incoming.

Going dual Plasma this time.

Legio Mortis is Mars' own, so naturally not Lucius pattern head.

Good lord man. 2 warlords? What do you do with that. Bring both to one match and play against everyone else at your local shop?

Ps. What does everyone do with their Gw carapace armour when they use the FW carapace on their FW varients?

20160629 144840

hope to have these done by 9th of July.   Can't wait to complete them. Lancer, Acheron, Warhound Turbo Laser and Mega Bolter arms.

side note Knight Crusaders swap out the Avenger cannon for either a Rapid fire or Questoris Battlecannon in the new book.  Looks like I need 1 more Crusader to make this possible. hmmm.

So Ive made good progress on my 2 newest knights. I like my plain Simple paint plan. looks good also.

without futher ado here they are.

First up, Cerastus Knight Lancer ​Winger's Pride​ (Scion Uhlan).

Wingers Pride 1

Wingers Pride 2

Wingers Pride 3

Wingers Pride 4

Wingers Pride 5

Wingers Pride 6

Next up, Cerastus Knight Acheron ​Spite's Revenge​ (Perceptor).

Spites Revenge 1

Spites Revenge 2

Spites Revenge 3

Spites Revenge 4

Spites Revenge 5

Spites Revenge 6

All that's left for my Household is to get a Castigator and a Porphyrion.

Dude :cussing wow! I love it all!

I'll get on to your new banner and post some chassis overviews and household summaries this upcoming Monday, I'm also awaiting some interviews so I'm sorry that it's been quiet on my behalf.

Looms good brother! Just give us a name and house and I'll get you a sparkly new banner, in the process of the next updates so keep it coming guys.

Who knows we may have the Porphyrion this weekend

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06-10_06.53.40_zpsqivsdx2p.jpg

He struck like a comet from the depths of space, no warning but made the biggest impact! No im not talking about Sephiroth from FF7 I'm talking about our resident Insane Asylum out patient Dark Bjoern. His house Taranis and legio Astorum are of the highest caliber and is a massive asset to the quality of miniatures our little thread showcases, so without further ado lets Fi d out more about this crazy bloke;

1• So why did you choose your Legio/Household? 

When FW released the first Mechanicum minis I was completly hooked up. And when GW came up with the Knights it was only logical to choose a House close to Mars/Mechanicum. And the Knights of Taranis in their red, black and white looked so amazing.

2• So what is your favourite chassis/titan?

Difficult. They´re all cool. I think it´s the Knight-Styrix with it´s dark and sinister reputation. It´s an anachronism to the otherwise noble Knight houses. I like the idea for Sir Mordred and his Knight-Styrix that he´s aside from the battlefield a handsome, funny guy. A bit like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide.

3• How did you come to find yourself apart of the b&c and hobby in general?

I came to the hobby 28 years ago. My first minis had been some Space Wolves and some Thousand Sons. Damn, is that really that long ago?

Can´t remember when I stumbled the first time over B&C. Must be around 10 years ago by chance. And quickly I became a very active member over at the Fang.

4• What's the hardest thing you've found in this hobby?

Sometimes inspiration. Back in the old days it was easier to find ideas for conversions. The mini range was more limited and gives you much more space for your ideas. Over the years the quality of the models had increased and other companies like Kromlech offers so many nice parts to upgrade your army. That´s not a bad thing but it makes it more difficult come up with something unique.

5• Do you have a particular routine or must have/do whilst working on your projects? 

I have a white floortile as my mixed pallet. I like it and it´s in use for 15 years now. Without it painting it not the same...

6• Favourite music to listen too whilst building/painting/playing

If I paint at home most the time the TV tootle in the background and while I'm painting at my favourite GWS I like to piffle with the other nerds there.

7• One item you would recommend to other frater (ie; paints/brushes/tools/etc)

No, nothing special.

8• Your favourite faction out of everything GW&FW have released so far?

Mechanicum! For the Omnissah!

9• Any hint of upcoming projects or ideas you may have hidden away?

I still have a small HH Ultramarine side project in the pipe. And from tine to time I work on it.

10• Any general or specialized advice you have for the other frater looking at the Maintenance Bay?

Not at the moment. But I agree to the answer from PeterH about the assembling of the Cerastus legs.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-07-09_08.00.09_zpsw31vnrup.jpg

House Malinax

House Malinax was a Traitor Imperial Knight House that repudiated its oaths to the Emperor of Mankind and followed the Warmaster Horus into the service of the Ruinous Powers during the Horus Heresy. The Knight House of Malinax was founded shortly after the rediscovery and incorporation of the Forge World of Xana II, located on the western fringe in the Vicidax Thule Sector within the Segmentum Pacificus. The newly created Knight house went on to serve with distinction in some of the Great Crusade's more savage campaigns and would go on to serve alongside the Titans of the Legio Vulturum and the Taghmata Scoria throughout the latter Great Crusade.

Ultimately, Xana II would attempt to play both Loyalist and Traitor alike, when the Horus Heresy erupted in the early 31st Millennium. When evidence mounted against the recalcitrant Forge World, who professed neutrality in the internecine conflict, that there was substantial double-dealing occurring, Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists Legion and Praetorian of Terra, declared Xana II Traitoris Perdia and under sentence of death in 007.M31. 

Xana II ultimately declared for the Traitor cause and followed them into damnation. With the failure of the Traitor cause and the death of Warmaster Horus during the Siege of Terra, it is presumed that House Malinax fled alongside their Dark Mechanicum masters into the Eye of Terror where they still reside upon the Hell-Forge of Xana II

The Forge World of Xana II was accidentally rediscovered in 843.M30, when a damaged galleass belonging to the Rogue Trader Casilida DeAniasie, having been flung far off-course after engaging in battle with Fra'al Corsairs, intercepted a trio of hulking automata warships at the edge of the intergalactic void. Although they might have taken or destroyed her already damaged ship with little effort, these vessels instead offered aid and carried with them a message of greeting and an offer of diplomatic exchange between the "Sovereign Forge Domain of Xana" and the Imperium of Man and its Emperor. The Xana vessels made good on their intentions by taking the stricken galleass back under tow to the Xana System itself, where it was repaired and resupplied for its journey home with exemplary speed, and the Rogue Trader herself treated with courtesy and honour. Negotiations between the lmperium and Xana soon followed upon the Rogue Trader's return.

The Knight House of Malinax was founded shortly after the incorporation of the Forge World of Xana into the Imperium as part of the re-alignment of native Xanite armed forces to better serve the Great Crusade. This would include the incorporation of the Malin-Qatlu Scion Bloodline, a regressed House which was at that stage without extant world of its own and with few remaining operable Knights. This cadre of scions was provided with fresh machines and bound by blood and oath to the Lords of Xana, and would form thenceforth part of Xana's new order of battle. Brought back from the edge of extinction, the newly patented house of Malinax would serve with distinction in the savage wars of the Rangdan Xenocides, and detachments would continue to serve alongside the Titans of the Legio Vultorum and the Taghmata Setna and Taghmata Scoria throughout the later Great Crusade.

The Forge World of Xana II was accidentally rediscovered in 843.M30, when a damaged galleass belonging to the Rogue TraderCasilida DeAniasie, having been flung far off-course after engaging in battle with Fra'al Corsairs, intercepted a trio of hulking automata warships at the edge of the intergalactic void. Although they might have taken or destroyed her already damaged ship with little effort, these vessels instead offered aid and carried with them a message of greeting and an offer of diplomatic exchange between the "Sovereign Forge Domain of Xana" and the Imperium of Man and its Emperor. The Xana vessels made good on their intentions by taking the stricken galleass back under tow to the Xana System itself, where it was repaired and resupplied for its journey home with exemplary speed, and the Rogue Trader herself treated with courtesy and honour. Negotiations between the lmperium and Xana soon followed upon the Rogue Trader's return.

Much of the heraldic panoply of the re-formed House of Malinax was taken from the predatory megafauna that was surprisingly common on the Forge World on which they were homed. The distinctive colouration of their primary armour was in fact ritually created from the dense, silicate-rich bone plates harvested from Xana's gigantic armoured Regathok Ursids, the augmented skull of which also forms the core icon of Xana's Taghmata forces. The tripled-tailed scorpion utilised by House Malinax as their house's heraldry, pre-dates the pact with Xana and owes its origin, the ancient sigil of the Malin-Qatlu, later rendered as "Transfigured by the Omnissiah" as the House's Xanite Sacristans had it, to a purer, more blessed form.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'D LIKE TO FORMALLY CONGRATULATE FREDRATSAILOR FOR CONTRIBUTING A WHOPPING 22 KNIGHTS TO THIS THREAD AND BEING ONE KNIGHT AWAY FROM THE SNESCHEL TITLE!

IM GOING TO PREPARE A SPECIAL BANNER FOR THE OCCASION AND ONCE THE KNIGHT PORPHYRION IS RELEASED AND THIS MADMAN COMPLETES IT I'LL ISSUE HIM WITH AN HONOURARY TITLE TO GO WITH IT.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-07-09_08.53.39_zps0nyoj0n7.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT

Looms good brother! Just give us a name and house and I'll get you a sparkly new banner, in the process of the next updates so keep it coming guys.

Who knows we may have the Porphyrion this weekend

I'm a Freeblade in service to the Emperor! We have no house - our goals are only to reap a bloody toll amongst the traitorous knights and their Space Marine masters. And the Castigator's name is the Reaper Eternal - named so for it's tendency to leave naught but bone and ash in it's wake.

Drasta, the Watcher

Formerly of house Rajha but now attached as a retainer to Legio Fureans, of which he sports the livery.

gallery_57066_11576_343636.jpg

For a scion of House Rajha, there is no greater honour than to be attached as a retainer to the mightiest God-Machines of Legio Fureans. The empty scrollworks on his armour show that he is only recently been promoted to that rank, and has yet to gain his new warrior-name.

med_gallery_57066_11576_52699.jpg

Drasta is currently tasked to accompany the Legio's Scout Titans in their reconnaisance missions, dealing with all those enemy threats that are not worth the attention of a Princeps.

med_gallery_57066_11576_77585.jpg

Acting as a scout, his armour has been modified to include additional threat-auspexes and relay antennae, to improve the Legio's communications on the battlefield and his ability to gain critical information.

med_gallery_57066_11576_273614.jpg med_gallery_57066_11576_236906.jpg

On his back, Drasta bears the skulls of the greatest Scions to ever guide the suit in battle.

med_gallery_57066_11576_73143.jpg

Archived