The Maintenance Bay >The God Machines and Knights Thread<

Come January 14th a one month competition will be commencing for the maintenance bay, now with the arrival of our biggest knight I'm hoping we can get some work underway.

Now all I'm saying is prepare yourself practice your freehand and conversion skills as it will help

Oooooo. Wish I had started my zombie lancer conversion later then ha.

Also how does one get those fancy sig pictures?

I've been very backlogged on this blog due to the events of this year but all that's required is one completed knight being posted with details etc.

I'll try find some time to post the owing banners etc soon.

Now I'm back and hobbling I will be looking for a 2ic to help me with this group.

Come January 14th a one month competition will be commencing for the maintenance bay, now with the arrival of our biggest knight I'm hoping we can get some work underway.

Now all I'm saying is prepare yourself practice your freehand and conversion skills as it will help

Sounds like fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I came here looking for tips on how to transport knights when traveling long distance, but I found so much more. This has been a very interesting Christmas for me, I spoiled myself to a knight renegade box, won a castigator in a raffle, my father gifted me a castigator as well, and my wonderful gf gifted me an atrapos!

So I now have 5! Knights needing to be built! I don't play 30k or 40k knights, I just wanted them to collect, maybe deploy one for one once in a while. I hope to be of contribution to this thread! My Knight house does not have a name as of yet, but they are mechanicum aligned, and will be featuring black, an off red, gray, and maybe a cream color. Progress soon to come :)

Brother! Where on earth did you get this?? I've been searching for such a kit and the best I can do is shoulder pads/weapons/legs on ebay. Is there a site for the carapace?

And one more question I eventually will get a warhound. Now, fluff wise,would a knight house on a forge world have the same colors as a titan Legio on the same world ?

Deaths Incarnate 1

Just wanted to share my newest knight, My Acastus Knight Porphyrion, Death's Incarnate​.

I plan to get some better pictures of the whole house. This now puts me at owning 1 of every chassis.

My local gaming store knows I want to throw down with a big battle using the majority of my Knight house in a friendly game. Well a friendly game of killing as many knights as they can.

So i got some better pics (natural light on my porch).

First is of my 3k Questoris Army, composed of all 7 Knights from Forgeworld.

3k HH Army

The next 2 are of a maxxed out 9k Questoris Army

Primary Detachment

9k Primary

6 From Forgeworld, 4 Paladins, 2 Gallants, 2 Crusaders (Ignore the Castigator)

Allied and LOW Detachment

9k Allied LOW

Warhound, 2 Wardens, 2 Errants, Gallant and Crusader.

and finally a link to my gallery of all my Forgeworld Knights

After months of sitting in limbo I decided to start over my Atrapos. He's sitting in some purple stuff now. I know exactly what I'm going to paint him as now too. I'm pretty excited.

Yeeeeesssss. Moooooore.

Leg parts and all the panels are now taking a bath. Will build the legs tomorrow (if my JB Weld arrives). If not the work on Atrapos will continue.

Toes and main weapon barrel size comparison

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/download_20170105_150636_zpsfa1s25t0.jpg

I would like to make a base for it, any recommendations about the size and what material I should use?

Also thinking about magnetising weapon arms, what sort of magnets should I use and what size? (have never used any)

Oh, and no parts were missing, none was broken and only the las/autocannon barrels are bit warped!

Soooo.... contemplating putting my atrapos and my archeon in the dip to strip and redo them both... painful ideas but the paint is heavy in a few areas and I believe I can do better(especially as I have a new airbrush compressor on the way-and a warhound wanting to have some friends in similar livery;)

So I am proud to finally join your ranks brothers I just got an Atropos as my first knight thanks to a little shipping messed up I will be a bit in assembly due to work and other incoming projects... any advice would be massively appreciated

Leg parts and all the panels are now taking a bath. Will build the legs tomorrow (if my JB Weld arrives). If not the work on Atrapos will continue.

Toes and main weapon barrel size comparison

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/download_20170105_150636_zpsfa1s25t0.jpg

I would like to make a base for it, any recommendations about the size and what material I should use?

Also thinking about magnetising weapon arms, what sort of magnets should I use and what size? (have never used any)

Oh, and no parts were missing, none was broken and only the las/autocannon barrels are bit warped!

Juat ordered one if these myself. Now the waiting for it to arrive continues.

I saw in a Facebook group someone used a new disc from an angle grinder as a round base and it turned out pretty well and would be strong.

So I am proud to finally join your ranks brothers I just got an Atropos as my first knight thanks to a little shipping messed up I will be a bit in assembly due to work and other incoming projects... any advice would be massively appreciated

Give it a nice warm soak and scrub in dish soap to get as much mold release off as possible. Then let it sit, dry for a while to see if it sweats any more release agent then do the process again.

I was watching Dave Taylors Warlord build videos and I think im going to do my base like he.

If you have not watched those videos I think everyone who is buying his/her first knight/titan should watch those videos. Great tips there!

https://youtu.be/hSgDZI42KJY

(No need to watch part 1 as it is only unboxing)

Archived