mozley's ETL V thread

BassMattJaxx

Really slow start this time round, but here we go!

I mozley rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 5 Man tactical Squad, with Heavy flamer, Power weapon & hand flamer from Codex Blood Angels of total value 105 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angles Sanguine (Blood Angels) and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Starting picture:

13307503_10154206611744254_6030422223833

Some WIP over the last couple weekends, I'll be giving them a nuln oil bath before I head off tonight:

- Got slightly distracted building a priest for vow #2 happy.png

13407278_10154241499274254_7803690733917

Cheers lads.

@Lemartes; having really good OCD helps laugh.png but I usually start top down on the helmet to create the centre line with the red (khorne red) then back fill that side of the model. You can always go over it with black afterwards if you're to far over the centreline. Added bonus of the blood angels kits is that there's usually a blood/skull symbol which makes it easier to pick the centreline.

My black recipe is:

undercoat army painter black

1. drybrush mechanicus grey over area on the armour that catch the light (hold the model up just below the light source)

2. very light drybrush dawnstone over the same areas - more so where the edges of armour & light are.

3. nuln oil bath (wash) and leave to dry overnight.

4. repeat step 1.

5. light wash of nuln oil

6. repeat step 2 for final highlight

@luthermax; pretty sure I did, but will check when I get home from work tonight, thanks for the reminder!smile.png

• 1 month later...

Archived