Sir Ovbov's ETL attempt

Sir Ovbov

I don't know if I would do the whole arm for a Space Marine or just the wrist, which I think would be nicer but harder to achieve well. 

I magnetize alot of wrists. Mainly becuse i dont wanna paint up extra arms and shoulderpads.

I don't know if I would do the whole arm for a Space Marine or just the wrist, which I think would be nicer but harder to achieve well. 

I magnetize alot of wrists. Mainly becuse i dont wanna paint up extra arms and shoulderpads.

Yeah, that was my reasoning as well XD

Do you use 1mm or 2mm magnets and do you put them in the gun as well or put things like broken scalpel blades or magnetic sheets?

2x1mm. Booth gun and wrist. I just got some 2x2mm i wanna try to get in on the next arms in order to hold it a little better. Think it will be a good idea for outstrectched biker arms.

2x1mm. Booth gun and wrist. I just got some 2x2mm i wanna try to get in on the next arms in order to hold it a little better. Think it will be a good idea for outstrectched biker arms.

Yeah, I'm guessing you would need some stronger magnets as well for something like heavy weapons like the LasCannon, etc.

I am assuming you use a manual pin vice drill for it as something like a Dremel would just rip the arm apart if it's on a high RPM.

Yeah i use manual pin vice. Havent tryed my dremel out yet. One of my friends use a electric drill but unlike a dremel you can press lightly on it and it will go slow.

...though he looks like an idiot using a 14,4v Hilti machine on those small dolls -.-

2mm x 1mm is just right for wrists and gun hands - just be careful to get your pilot hole central. I might give 2mm x 2mm a try on the wrist if it gives extra strength but would need too deep a hole on the gun hand I think...

Archived