Iron Hands Novels, Novellas, Short Stories...

Ordo Machinum

I'm trying to compile a chronology of Iron Hands stories. 

I know not all may not have direct references to each other, and I may be missing a few tales in this list.

I began using main characters or limited appearances of them to go by. I would appreciate any input offered.  

Primarch Ferrus Manus: Feat of Iron -> Promethean Sun (Salamanders) -> Fulgrim

Shadrak Meduson: Feat of Iron -> Meduson -> Hand Elect -> Grey Talon -> The Either

Bion Henricos: Feat of Iron -> Scars -> Grey Talon (Iron Hands + White Scars) -> Little Horus

Durun Atticus: Veritas Ferrum -> The Damnation of Pythos (Captains Plienus, Sabinus, & Khalybus appear briefly in a hololith conference with Atticus)

Khalybus: The Noose (Iron Hands + Raven Guard)

Kratoz: Deeds Endure (Iron Hands + Salamanders)

Ishmal Sulnar: Unforged (Salamanders) -> Unspoken (Salamanders + Iron Hands)

Crius: Riven -> Keys of Hel 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And don't forget all the fluff in fw BBB after the istavaan trilogy is about autek mor the original badass IH. So ruthless in war that ferrus was not fan the most ruthless primarch thought he went to far.

He crashed a moon into a planet :cuss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Horus Heresy book 2: Massacre - Has details on Medusa.

Also the original Iron Hands novel if you can find it, although the fluff isn't that great (supposedly only 8 Dreadnoughts in the whole chapter???)

Flesh, by Chris Wraight, is the greatest short story of all time. I can't remember the characters' names but it is a must-read for any Iron Hands fan. It deals with events in the 41st millennium.

@Mehman - I just looked at BL's Flesh and noticed that the artwork for the cover is the same one used for the Iron Hands novel.

Edit: Mehman quote.

Horus Heresy book 2: Massacre - Has details on Medusa.

Also the original Iron Hands novel if you can find it, although the fluff isn't that great (supposedly only 8 Dreadnoughts in the whole chapter???)

Flesh, by Chris Wraight, is the greatest short story of all time. I can't remember the characters' names but it is a must-read for any Iron Hands fan. It deals with events in the 41st millennium.

@Mehman - I just looked at BL's Flesh and noticed that the artwork for the cover is the same one used for the Iron Hands novel.

Edit: Mehman quote.

You can get the Iron Hands novel on iBooks and it comes with a black cover with our Chapter badge in the center. I agree with Scion, though. The fluff isn't that great but, in my opinion, that book really got my creative juices flowing. Something about the heroics of our Chapter and whatnot.

@Scion - Yeah, originally I think that was the case. Now that it's digital they've changed it, as I mentioned above. That is a masterpiece of art but I could be a bit biased.

As I was thinking about it, you can find Flesh in a number of compilation anthologies that BL produced. The latest one being There is Only War. I must say, that anthology is probably the best one of its kind although the 25th Anniversary Compilation is pretty good, too.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to threadomance but there are also now the Axe of Medusa and the Voice of Mars to read (And ignore for the IA III purists amongst us:wink: ) and I found one in the Crusade short story with the UM Primaris on the front. It is a story about Tau that find some dead Deathwatch and a surviving Iron Hand it is called A Santuary of Wyrms.

Edit: Typo and smiley.

Archived