Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Hands Novels, Novellas, Short Stories...

- - - - - Iron Hands Novels Short Stories Novellas

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Orion

Orion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,784 posts

I'm trying to compile a chronology of Iron Hands stories. 

I know not all may not have direct references to each other, and I may be missing a few tales in this list.

I began using main characters or limited appearances of them to go by. I would appreciate any input offered.  

Primarch Ferrus Manus: Feat of Iron -> Promethean Sun (Salamanders) -> Fulgrim

Shadrak Meduson: Feat of Iron -> Meduson -> Hand Elect -> Grey Talon -> The Either

Bion Henricos: Feat of Iron -> Scars -> Grey Talon (Iron Hands + White Scars) -> Little Horus

Durun Atticus: Veritas Ferrum -> The Damnation of Pythos (Captains Plienus, Sabinus, & Khalybus appear briefly in a hololith conference with Atticus)

Khalybus: The Noose (Iron Hands + Raven Guard)

Kratoz: Deeds Endure (Iron Hands + Salamanders)

Ishmal Sulnar: Unforged (Salamanders) -> Unspoken (Salamanders + Iron Hands)

Crius: Riven -> Keys of Hel 

Edited by Rashbold, 16 June 2016 - 06:30 PM.

• Vel'Cona and WatchCaptain24 like this

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts

Captains Plienus and Sabinus, as well as Khalybus appear very briefly in The Damnation of Pythos in a hololith conference with Atticus.

• Orion likes this

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,843 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines
Thanks for putting this together, Rashbold! Now I have a legit reading list for IH background. :)
  • Orion likes this

Seems like these models will never end!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,347 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus
Techmarine Atraxii - Clan Company Kaargul - Medusan Wings.
  • Orion likes this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

RandomMarine

RandomMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,299 posts
  • Faction: Iron Ravens
And don't forget all the fluff in fw BBB after the istavaan trilogy is about autek mor the original badass IH. So ruthless in war that ferrus was not fan the most ruthless primarch thought he went to far.

He crashed a moon into a planet :cuss

Father Mehman

Father Mehman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,729 posts
  • Faction: Clerics, Crimson Tusks

Flesh, by Chris Wraight, is the greatest short story of all time. I can't remember the characters' names but it is a must-read for any Iron Hands fan. It deals with events in the 41st millennium.

• Vel'Cona and Amadeo like this

gallery_83709_11112_2220.jpg

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,843 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Space Marines

Never heard of that one!  From almost 5 years back, too . . . blink.png

Edited by Vel'Cona, 14 August 2016 - 01:16 AM.

Seems like these models will never end!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,347 posts

Horus Heresy book 2: Massacre - Has details on Medusa.

Also the original Iron Hands novel if you can find it, although the fluff isn't that great (supposedly only 8 Dreadnoughts in the whole chapter???)

Flesh, by Chris Wraight, is the greatest short story of all time. I can't remember the characters' names but it is a must-read for any Iron Hands fan. It deals with events in the 41st millennium.

@Mehman - I just looked at BL's Flesh and noticed that the artwork for the cover is the same one used for the Iron Hands novel.

Edit: Mehman quote.

Edited by Scion of Ferrus, 01 September 2016 - 06:04 PM.

• Father Mehman likes this

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

Father Mehman

Father Mehman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,729 posts
  • Faction: Clerics, Crimson Tusks

Horus Heresy book 2: Massacre - Has details on Medusa.

Also the original Iron Hands novel if you can find it, although the fluff isn't that great (supposedly only 8 Dreadnoughts in the whole chapter???)

@Mehman - I just looked at BL's Flesh and noticed that the artwork for the cover is the same one used for the Iron Hands novel.

Edit: Mehman quote.

You can get the Iron Hands novel on iBooks and it comes with a black cover with our Chapter badge in the center. I agree with Scion, though. The fluff isn't that great but, in my opinion, that book really got my creative juices flowing. Something about the heroics of our Chapter and whatnot.

@Scion - Yeah, originally I think that was the case. Now that it's digital they've changed it, as I mentioned above. That is a masterpiece of art but I could be a bit biased.

As I was thinking about it, you can find Flesh in a number of compilation anthologies that BL produced. The latest one being There is Only War. I must say, that anthology is probably the best one of its kind although the 25th Anniversary Compilation is pretty good, too.

gallery_83709_11112_2220.jpg

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,347 posts

Sorry to threadomance but there are also now the Axe of Medusa and the Voice of Mars to read (And ignore for the IA III purists amongst usmsn-wink.gif ) and I found one in the Crusade short story with the UM Primaris on the front. It is a story about Tau that find some dead Deathwatch and a surviving Iron Hand it is called A Santuary of Wyrms.

Edit: Typo and smiley.

Edited by Machine God, 27 May 2018 - 04:43 PM.

• Father Mehman likes this

-James Nicoll

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Hands, Novels, Short Stories, Novellas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users