Loyalty is its own reward. A First Legion log

Allart01

Great work mate, the red strip really helps break up the black, but is still generic enough to stick with the "unidentified legionnare" vibe which I think is cool.

On the bases, for future models maybe you can start progressively adding more and more lighter colours (sands etc) to the bases, to the point that the base as a whole is more light than dark. But when you put the whole collection together, there will be enough "half and half" bases to tie everyone together

I like it. Now I would maybe break up the red with a decal in the middle of it.

I feel like the Dreadwing's hourglass would look cool on it... but I may have to wait for DAs transfer for that.

OR I could borrow one from the Deathguard!

Great work mate, the red strip really helps break up the black, but is still generic enough to stick with the "unidentified legionnare" vibe which I think is cool.

On the bases, for future models maybe you can start progressively adding more and more lighter colours (sands etc) to the bases, to the point that the base as a whole is more light than dark. But when you put the whole collection together, there will be enough "half and half" bases to tie everyone together

This makes a lot of sense. 

I'll try to go down this route, and start putting more stuff on the bases -rocks, rabble, barrels and other stuff.

They would provide an excuse for different colors on the same "canvas".

@All: Thanks for the feedback, guys! 

I'll need to put more tought and effort on my bases, and you provided some pretty good insight.

Also, I put some effort and time on the Leviathan, using it as an occasion to improve my painting skills on a bigger model.

Seeing it so well received really makes me glad. :happy.:

The First will face the traitorous Sons of Horus this sunday - hopefully I'll have some Jetbikes ready for the match.

Off course I'll take a lot of pics! 

Edited by The_Bloody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

A friend of mine was kind enough to make some "professional" pictures of my miniatures.

Here they are :smile.:

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_41_di_

more pictures:

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_43_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_44_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_42_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_60_di_

more pictures

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_61_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_62_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_63_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_64_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_65_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_93_di_

more pictures

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_90_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_91_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_92_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_84_di_

more pictures

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_85_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_86_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_87_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_88_di_

Compleanno_Legio_Etruria_20_11_17_89_di_

Edited by The_Bloody

raphael_el_gareth_by_d1sarmon1a-dbuolsa.

"Lord Raphael was as much a Warrior as he was a scholar. He placed great value on learning from the past. In battle, he was quick of arm as he was quick of mind, disposing of a tactical brilliance and adaptability that somewhat reflected that of his gene father. He would study a situation trough, focusing on every small inch of detail, comparing historical tactics and wisdom, and then he would act with unrelenting strength. Outside of battle he was particularly contemplative and introvert, yet he had very strong bonds with some of his brothers. Among these friends, and a few others of the oldest Calibanites, he was known as "The Reader", a name I found out was given to him by Sar Luther himself when he was an acolyte of the Order of Aldurukh. I must admit that he sometimes seemed dispassionate and cynical. To outsiders he wore a distant, glacial mask, confident and proud as only a knight can be. Still, he had a true talent for chosing his words. I felt, sometimes, that he could read my soul like I was a piece of paper, and speak to me accordingly. It was no surprise to learn that he was often used as a herald, or Delegatus, during the Great Crusade[...] 
- Extract from "Alone Against the Angry Stars" by Remembrancer Hern Tzat

Artwork by d1sarmon1a.

DeviantArt: https://d1sarmon1a.deviantart.com/…/Raphael-El-Gareth-71666…

The new model pics are great brother! :thumbsup: Really liking the fluff for Raphael as well. Hope you're planning a model to represent him :wink:

Thank you!

Raphael is my praetor - the one with the big Deathwing sword. 

I liked the idea of having him portrayed without helm/hood on :P

Me being me, now that he has a face, I may try to have it sculpted and put on a new, mid-late Heresy model. 

Or perhaps when/if he survives and gets a Successor Chapter.

Glad you like him! 

My characters always mean a lot to me.

• 3 months later...

Well... it's been a while. I focused on Necromunda in these last months, and haven't really painted anything new for my Dark Angels.

I hadn't posted my first three jetbikes yet, tho :biggrin.:

These pics were taken on the battlefield; better ones will come soon.

29019472_10211391149637480_1406901255_n.

29019696_10211391152637555_2093337379_n.

Edited by The_Bloody

• 1 year later...